Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Keep Calm and Carry On Guiding Canvas Bag
Keep Calm and Carry On Guiding Canvas Bag
Offered by The Scout and Guide Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this as a present and it seems ok ..., 19 Nov. 2014
I bought this as a present and it seems ok - but I can't speak for its performance as I am not the one using it :)

Small Purse In Leather By Tumble & Hide - Plum Purple
Small Purse In Leather By Tumble & Hide - Plum Purple
Offered by Red Rae Town & Country

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, shame about the defect, 8 Aug. 2014
I took a chance with this as it was quite expensive and on first impression I'd been right to do so. Nice quality leather, sturdy construction and a good size. But when I opened it up I found that one of the pocket linings had a cut in it. Very disappointing. I have returned it and the return system worked perfectly for that (I was a bit apprehensive about that as it failed completely earlier in the year for a different, and much more expensive item).

Women's paisley pattern purple longsleeve cotton tunic top (UK16)
Women's paisley pattern purple longsleeve cotton tunic top (UK16)
Offered by LOUDelephant

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this top!, 24 July 2014
Comfy and practical.

Unique Teal Dragon's Vein Agate & Fire Crystal Necklace Natural Gemstone Jewelry by Tantric Tokyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 24 July 2014
Absolutely gorgeous. Very happy with this. It arrived the day after I ordered it and I've worn it a lot. I particularly like the magnetic catch which looks like a bead when engaged.

Merrell Bare Access Arc 2, Women's Running Shoes, J48806, Fuchsia, 7 UK
Merrell Bare Access Arc 2, Women's Running Shoes, J48806, Fuchsia, 7 UK
Offered by Laird Enterprises Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 24 July 2014
Very comfortable and an amazing colour!

BROWN LEATHER AUSTRALIAN BUSH HAT (55CM XSMALL 6 3/4") fast post 1st class
BROWN LEATHER AUSTRALIAN BUSH HAT (55CM XSMALL 6 3/4") fast post 1st class
Offered by ROBERT SMITH ROWAN EXPRESS HATS

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy and practical, 24 July 2014
Hat was too big but I've stuck a strip of leather round the inside of the Crown and it's much better.

Rosa Faia Women's 5493 Non-Wired Everyday Bra, Skin, 34E
Rosa Faia Women's 5493 Non-Wired Everyday Bra, Skin, 34E

5.0 out of 5 stars pricey but worth it, 24 July 2014
Quite pricey but extremely comfortable. So much so that I bought a second one.

VonShef Double-Wall Keep Warm Satin Brushed Stainless Steel Cafetiere Coffee Filter. Available in sizes 3, 6 and 8 Cup (8 Cup w/ Measuring Spoon and Sealing Clip)
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this purchase, 24 July 2014
Just what I wanted. Big enough for two decent sized cups of coffee at a time.

Ladies Butter Soft Genuine Leather Coin Purse (Turquoise)
Ladies Butter Soft Genuine Leather Coin Purse (Turquoise)
Offered by SNUGRUGS

2.0 out of 5 stars Just too small., 24 July 2014
Good enough quality but the smaller section was disappointingly too small to fit a bank card.

Ocean of Life
Ocean of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and readable account of how important the oceans are, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ocean of Life (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have read by Callum Roberts (the other was The Unnatural History of the Sea). Both are well-written and have the gravitas of his standing as an academic who specialises in sea, its health, its importance to the planet (including us) and how humans have benefitted from our relationship with it over millennia.
But this book is also a major wake-up call for humanity - we have so abused the seas that if we don't change our habits VERY soon then we will no longer be able to take advantage of its munificent bounty.
It's not too late - but we need to act NOW - and this book is an excellent starting point for anyone who wants to be rationally informed about what they can actually DO to make a difference.
Highly recommended.