Profile for Mrs A > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
After I'm Gone
After I'm Gone

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks plot, had to skim it, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: After I'm Gone (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the modern part of the story, but the flashbacks are dull. They are full of turgid dialogue, as though written by a 13 year old. Still, better than anything I could have written.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

2.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit, 17 Sep 2014
formulaic story, good plot but written in a voice I don't really care for. after reading first 50 pages skimmed the rest.

My Story: War Nurse
My Story: War Nurse

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to be a nurse, 24 Aug 2014
After I read this book all I have wanted to be is a nurse. But it will not be as exciting as kitty, Bunty and Anne's nurseing

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 July 2014
Really enjoyed this whizz through Johansson's amazing imagination. He could make a visit to the supermarket witty and fun, yet with deep sense of the unobserved.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jun 2014
One of those books that keeps you reading all night. I loved the voice the subtle humour. I wish I could write like this.

Jessica Ennis: Unbelievable - From My Childhood Dreams To Winning Olympic Gold
Jessica Ennis: Unbelievable - From My Childhood Dreams To Winning Olympic Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Mar 2014
I had to read an autobiography for school. I thought I would think well not the best book, but I can't say that to this book it is amazing. I thought just school kids like me get bullied but Jess did to. I can't say any more or it will get ruined. So read the dam thing.

By Poppy

Olympic Gold: Rebecca Adlington: EDGE - Dream to Win (EDGE - Dream to Win: Olympic Gold)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca Addington, 21 Feb 2014
I loved this book, rebecca is my hero. I was sad when she said she was not going to swim in big races. So I got this book to find out more about her.

I read this book in 20 minutes so I would recommend it to +8 or who can read well.

By Poppy Adams

Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 Feb 2014
A fascinating insight into behaviours.
Very helpful to understand the roots of some of these behaviours - it has made us less frustrated and cross, and more understanding. There are also practical ideas to try and help. Many of these are common sense, but even one new idea can be a real breakthrough in making it through the day!

My Story: The Blitz
My Story: The Blitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 15 Dec 2013
This is one of my favourite my story books. I have read a lot of them usually about the war.
This book is excellent if you are learning about the blitz and the war.

LA Confidential
LA Confidential

4.0 out of 5 stars What was that all about?, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: LA Confidential (Kindle Edition)
Crazy run through LA police land. Not sure I understood it all,kept thinking - I thought he was dead. Really enjoyable read, whoever did it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3