Profile for Brigueil > Reviews

Brigueil (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it at any price., 16 Sep 2014
DON'T be an optimist and ignore the review figures. I did...... I suppose I should have known better. A bargain at £3:95. Oh dear. It arrived. The top fell off. Never mind. Easily replaced. Put in the batteries. No show, no light, no LED. NOTHING. Return for refund? At the price paid it's cheaper to bin it, which is where it is. Never mind reading the reviews, just look at the distribution of stars given. It'll tell you all you need to know.

The Bread Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Bread Baking from Around the World, Including a Unique Directory of the Breads Found in Every Country, and with Over 100  Easy-to-follow Recipes to Make at Home
The Bread Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Bread Baking from Around the World, Including a Unique Directory of the Breads Found in Every Country, and with Over 100 Easy-to-follow Recipes to Make at Home
by Christine Ingram

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very interesting., 2 Sep 2014
This is an interesting and motivating book. For the novice baker like me, progressing beyond the safe shores of the 800gm white loaf, there are lots of recipes to try out. Why only four stars? Well, I live in the country, a twelve mile return journey to the stores, so I would have liked an expanded look at yeast varieties in the recipes - rather than simply fresh yeast which I cannot easily have to hand, so fast acting is favourite - with, obviously, their differing methods of use if needed. I know I can Google the info, but it would have been nicer to have it available in the book. That said, I'm going to have to get more cupboard space for the other flours I'll need...... Can't wait! :-)

Travel Rummikub Game
Travel Rummikub Game
Offered by Swag Toy

3.0 out of 5 stars There are better versions out there., 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Travel Rummikub Game (Toy)
Sound choices can only be made if sufficient information is given. With the plethora of low scores relating to this version ofTravel Rummikub, one would think that AMAZON would either stop allowing the product to sell through their portal, or insist that the details contained enough info to make a buyer decision possible. These tiles are small. Yes, it's a travel version, but it's supposed to promote enjoyment, not frustration. My fat fingers have difficulty picking up and manipulating the tiles. For information, the original Rummikub tile made by Spear measures 38 x 26mm. These travel tiles measure 17x 12mm. Cut one out of thin card and you'll have a good idea of size and weight.... My grouse is with Amazon. Regulate your marketplace Amazon... Or don't you care?

Andrew James 3.5 Litre Premium Red Slow Cooker with Tempered Glass Lid, Removable Ceramic Inner Bowl and Three Temperature Settings, Includes 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's fine., 21 Aug 2014
Good value medium sized unit. I've had larger and smaller units over the years and this one meets current needs beautifully. Rather than repeat the observations of earlier reviewers, I shall respond to their points relative to my experiences. 'It gets hot,'.... Yes. It's supposed to. You wouldn't touch the sides of your pan either, would you. The handles remain warm, but not hot. Good enough for me.
'I can't see the dot on the knob, to indicate the power setting.' Neither can I, easily, so I applied a small arrowhead cut from some white labelling tape. Works very well. No tape? As suggested elsewhere, try nail varnish
'The knob falls off.' Not this one...... so far.
I think, at this price, it's fine.

Daewoo KOC9Q3T Combination Microwave, 28 Litre, 900 Watt - Black
Daewoo KOC9Q3T Combination Microwave, 28 Litre, 900 Watt - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars There are better combination ovens than this., 17 Aug 2014
You can buy this oven heavily discounted - and there's a good reason for this. As a microwave oven, it's OK. As a grill, it's reasonable. As a convection oven it sufferes from the same problem as all the other cheap microwaves, in that it uses the grill as a heat source and the fan to push it around the oven, but it can NOT avoid the radiated heat which will brown/crisp/toast your cake while it is cooking. Deawoo have already posted a reply elsewhere to this observation, which asks you to accept this, as everyone else, at this price level, does the same! Um....... There are other posts which complain about the button labelling, which is simply illegible. I overcame this by photopying the relevant page of the manual and taping it to the top of the oven. - Don't cover the vents! - if your old defunct microwave was a combination, and you used it as such, then my advice is to look for a better one and pay a bit more. If you want a microwave, with occasional use of the grill etc. then, so long as you have a magnifying glass for the labels, this will do. I wish I had paid a bit more...

CUTTING DISCS 10 GRINDER 41/2" THIN STEEL / STAINLESS
CUTTING DISCS 10 GRINDER 41/2" THIN STEEL / STAINLESS
Offered by RedTec Innovation l

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 27 July 2014
Great value and does the job.

Venitex Fuji2 Safety Glasses Specs Ideal Eyewear for Cycling MTB
Venitex Fuji2 Safety Glasses Specs Ideal Eyewear for Cycling MTB
Offered by WorkwearWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 27 July 2014
An excellent low cost wrap-around set of specs.

59cm Reversible Pure Cotton Cricket Hat available in Black
59cm Reversible Pure Cotton Cricket Hat available in Black
Offered by Accessoryo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made., 25 Jun 2014
It's a bucket hat, 59cm. and reversible. Exactly as advertised. Not a lot more to be said. A shame that, in line with most other suppliers, this is the only size offered as my head isn't,'one size," and an extra cm. would have been perfect. But for £8 delivered.......

Hozelock Aqua Control Water Computer Plus
Hozelock Aqua Control Water Computer Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS FOR ME BUT......, 25 Jun 2014
But! You should be aware that this water TIMER is not waterPROOF. this is my second unit, the first failing because of water ingress to the battery compartment and its' electronics. It WILL leak. So what to do... Buy a different timer at much more money? Or look at this one knowing its' problems and circumvent said shortcomings. The latter. I'm not made of money and I think this unit is enough! Forget "computer," it's a timer, sophisticated enough for most of us. How to waterproof the battery compartment depends on the location of your tap. Mine is on a short standpipe so it was easy! I used an upturned flower vending bucket courtesy of Morrissons.... 8 for a pound (bargain!) ...... which covers the whole unit, tap included. No rain, no leaks, no failure from water leaks. As the tap is outside, I always remove the unit before the frosts start, so no problems with freezing gears etc. if your tap is on a wall, you could construct a small housing around the tap,to protect it and the timer from water and light frosts in Autumn. Nothing is perfect, but this is an easy work-around.

Live at Sydney Opera House
Live at Sydney Opera House

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment and instruction., 1 May 2014
This review is from: Live at Sydney Opera House (DVD)
Firstly, my thanks to Ian from the office, who helped out with the problems that ended up being my player, not the disks.
If you have attended and enjoyed a live performance of the UOGB you will enjoy this DVD. It's a revisitation.
Some reviewers seem to want flawless playing and vocals, but what you will buy here is what I think it's all about....Musical Entertainment. Additionally you can access the performance with the musical score, words and chords.... Now all I've got to do is try to keep up! The second disk is an absolute bonus. The repartee is, 'British Humour,' droll, understated and entertaining. One downside.... my jaw aches..... I can't stop smiling!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5