Profile for P. Revell > Reviews

Nikwax 1L Duo: Tech Wash and TX Direct Wash In
Offered by MTW DIRECT
Price: 18.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 3 Aug 2012
Nikwax is a great product, which I use regularly. If this review were for the product alone, it would be five stars. What has reduced the rating is the seller. I shall note the facts of what happened. You can then make up your own mind.
I placed the order on 5th July. The estimate for latest delivery was 16th July. When the product hadn't arrived by that date, I used the Amazon query site, asking "Where's my stuff?" I received an auto reply from the seller, telling me that they wouldn't be able to answer my query until the 23rd July. I gave them a bad review on the strength of this.
I was contacted on the 22nd July. It seems that the non delivery was the fault of the delivery company, not the seller and the auto message, putting me off for another week, was incorrect. Apparently Amazon were to blame for that one. I was told the product would arrive within the week and offered a full refund.
The product didn't arrive and there was no refund: At least, not until a further exchange of E mail.
The Nikwax was delivered on the 27th July, with the addition of a few freebies. Amazon tell me that the purchase price has been refunded.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 9:11 PM GMT

De'Longhi DES12 Compact Dehumidifier - 12 Litre
De'Longhi DES12 Compact Dehumidifier - 12 Litre
Offered by DRA Supplies Ltd
Price: 157.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quietness, 22 Feb 2012
I was looking to replace a De'Longhi DEC12, which had been running well for several years, but was noisy. So noisy that I could hear it running from the street, outside my closed front door. Of all the reviews that I read online, for a variety of makes, very few mentioned the purchaser being happy with sound output.
My old machine died, finally, forcing me to make a decision on what to replace it with.
I went with this DES12, because of its slim design, together with the 12 litre moisture removal rate. I was willing to accept the same decibel output as the old machine, after all, I had been living with it for years.
The delivery was speedy. Prime probably helped with that. The courier had the good sense to leave the package with my neighbour, saving me a trip to some depot miles from home. That pleased me.
What pleased me most, was the quietness of this new De'Longhi. It may get noisier with age, but it is, currently, so quiet that I don't notice it, unless I am close to it. With music, radio, TV, etc playing in the house, the noise might as well not exist.