Profile for Amber Britton > Reviews

Content by Amber Britton

Amber Britton (Manchester, UK)

IdHAIR Extreme Titanium 100ml
IdHAIR Extreme Titanium 100ml
Offered by Hair Heaven
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not worth the price, 16 April 2013
I was recommended this wax by my hairdresser after she heard what kind of style I wanted to go for, and while it essentially does the job, I have a few qualms. Firstly, it smells quite strongly of cinnamon, a factor that doesn't appear to be mentioned in the description. Personally, I have an issue with cinnamon and hate the smell and taste, so I have to wash my hands thoroughly after using and spray copious amounts of hairspray just to make sure I don't get any wafts of cinnamon. Secondly, and I don't know if this is due to my hair or not because it is very thick, but even large amounts of the wax don't seem to be able to style it all before it dries too much to do anything with.

Small issues, but I think I'll pick a cheaper store-bought wax when this runs out.

Skullcandy Inkd SC-INKDRD Earbuds - Red
Skullcandy Inkd SC-INKDRD Earbuds - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Customer Service Could Do With A Check Up, 12 April 2011
At first, these headphones were the bees knees. Never had a better set in my life, and I will continue to buy SkullCandy, just not from this seller. The headphones got a loose connection in the 8th month of owning them, so I contacted the seller. That was four months ago and I still have heard nothing back. Even if they'd contacted me to say they couldn't help me, that would have been better than being ignored completely.

Iron Man 2 (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Iron Man 2 (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jr Robert Downey
Offered by Games Heaven
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not amazing for the price, 22 Feb 2011
Ok, so the movie is great, but I'm really disappointed with the lack of extra features in this. For example, on the Iron Man Double Disk Edition, we got over four hours of extra features and behind the scenes stuff, and that wasn't even including the deleted scenes. On this? Three deleted scenes and a fifteen minute behind the scenes feature. And when we compare it to the Blu-Ray release, it simply doesn't match up. I can see the marketing and financial idea behind it, getting people to buy the more expensive version to see the extras, but come on, it's not exactly fair is it? Some of us don't see the benefits of Blu-Ray, why should we have to splurge on not only that release, but also the tech to play it on? I wasn't expecting the same amount of extra awesomeness we got with the first movie, but come on, this was just poor.

Here's hoping for a few more goodies on IM3.

Love And Distrust [DVD]
Love And Distrust [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Price: 4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Love And Distrust [DVD] (DVD)
Only bought this to see Robert Downey Jr. Disappointed to find out that not only was his part around three minutes long, I had already seen it on YouTube. The other four parts were just as disappointing. Just not my kind of thing really.

BACK TO THE FUTURE FILM CELL MOVIE MEMORABILIA M
BACK TO THE FUTURE FILM CELL MOVIE MEMORABILIA M

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Oct 2010
Bought for my friends 20th birthday, she absolutely loves it. She likes it better than her boyfriend's present. I quite liked it as well, so much so I was considering keeping it. Excellent for the price, if a little smaller than I anticipated.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2011 8:23 AM BST

The First Casualty. The German Underground Hospital and Jersey"s Occupation Experience.
by Jack (foreword). Higgins

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 17 Oct 2010
Completely different to the cover pictured but my Nan, for whom it was bought, seems to think that it's the same thing so she is keeping it.

Complete Sherlock Holmes (Wordsworth Library Collection)
Complete Sherlock Holmes (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 17 Oct 2010
Usually when I read a book I skim over the less interesting parts and get straight to the dialogue. There's only been two books where I've read every single line, and this is one of them.

I got interested in Sherlock after watching the film but I'd always wanted to read the stories. I'm completely enthralled. Hound of the Baskervilles is hands down the creepiest thing I have ever read.

The book itself is brilliant. The font is easy to read and the pages feel good to turn if that makes sense. The pictures straight from The Strand really go along with the stories and the cover is really lovely.

All in all, I'm disappointed I didn't buy this sooner. Absolutely love it.

Iron Man 2
Iron Man 2
by Alexander Irvine
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding...but at the same time...meh., 4 April 2010
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (Mass Market Paperback)
Well, it was bound to be brilliant, but for those of you who read the first, you can immediately tell it's written by a different author. There's a lot more funny than the first one and to me it reads more like a fanfic than the first one did. Still pretty awesome though. However, because of how it was written, it did make me sort of have a teensy bit less enthusiasm about the film. This could be because I read the first one after I watched the film, but who knows. It does promise to be an awesome film though, and Pepperony fans, wait for the last paragraph of page 291, and make sure there's no one around to get their ears blown out.

What I loved about it was there was a LOT more in-depth stuff about Tony's past, with his father. And the relationship between Tony and Rhodey since "I am Iron Man."

All in all, I'd give this a 9/10, purely because of the writing style being so, SO different to Peter David. Gotta say though, when it's funny, it's hilarious.

"I knew there was something about you and strawberries!"

Chaplin [DVD]
Chaplin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend., 21 Jan 2010
This review is from: Chaplin [DVD] (DVD)
I regret to admit that before this film, I had very little respect for the works of Chaplin. Two and a half hours later and I've learnt more about him than I ever thought I could. I absolutely adore this film. RDJ is the spitting image of the legend himself and my GOD can he do an awesome English accent. Attenborough couldn't have picked a better leading man, a legendary actor to play...well, a legend. And yes, I realise I said legend a lot, but hey, there's a lot of legend in it!

Philips SHE2550/00 In-Ear Headphones
Philips SHE2550/00 In-Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 4 Jan 2010
I would recommend these earphones for anyone. I've been using these for at least five years after going through dozens of different in ear ones. I was even tempted to splurge for a set of Skullcandy ones, but these are the ones I trust. Yes, they are a tad on the large side and you can't change that, but they fit my ears so I like em! Perfect amount of bass when teh equaliser fails to give me what I need on my iPod. I no longer use the earphones that come with MP3's, I just use these. I've so far converted four friends to these sets and I still will! Although...maybe not from Amazon...cheaper in Clas Ohlson...