Profile for Stormy Baby > Reviews

Content by Stormy Baby

Stormy Baby "Stormy Baby" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Thomas Railroad Rewards Potty
Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Thomas Railroad Rewards Potty
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved using it, very easy to empty and clean, 6 July 2014
My 2yo son found this very easy to use. Its the right height and a good design. The noises didn't work that great I found - in fact they stopped working in the first few days (perhaps ran out of battery) but to be honest my son didn't care if they played or not - he preferred my praise. The only two small issues I found where you have to be very careful that boys are positioned on it well to avoid them peeing over the side of the seat (but then this is the issue with most other potties and seats I've found). My son would also mess with the seat a bit whilst he was sitting on it - he'd jump about while pulling the seat up with him so I was worried about him nipping his fingers but obviously Im there so I stop him doing it. Would be better if there was a little catch of something on it keeping the seat held on. But overall its been very good and my son has loved using it (and its easy to empty and clean) - toilet training has been very easy!

Disney Winnie the Pooh Training Seat
Disney Winnie the Pooh Training Seat
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit toilet without falling off easily, 6 Feb 2014
I have 2 toilets (both different types / sizes) and this just doesn't fit properly. It moves about way too much when my son tries to get onto it (over the lip at the front). I have to hold it on. Useless.

First 100 Animals (First 100) (Bright Baby First 100)
First 100 Animals (First 100) (Bright Baby First 100)
by Various
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Feb 2014
An excellent, simple yet colourful book. Some of the animals are a bit obscure but my 18 month old loves looking through the pages and pointing out the animals he does know and making the noises they make. A well made, sturdy book which has put up with a good degree of punishment already.

Aroma Home Microwavable Giraffe Cozy Hotties
Aroma Home Microwavable Giraffe Cozy Hotties

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but hard to get microwave pocket back in, 6 Feb 2014
A cute little toy, but I struggle to get the wheat bag back into the pocket after microwaving. Its a bit too tight a squeeze so it annoys me and I end up not doing it every night like I want to (I like to give it to my young son to go to bed with).

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Farm Hide & Seek
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Farm Hide & Seek
Price: 11.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, 6 Feb 2014
A really nice idea which my 18 month old son loves. He really likes taking each piece out and trying to figure out where they fit back in again. Just opening and closing the doors amuses him. Sturdy hinges on the little doors and a nice solid wooden board. Well made and worth buying as its a little different from the usual stuff.

RSW Lime Green High Quality Sturdy Plastic Step Stool Home Bathroom Kitchen
RSW Lime Green High Quality Sturdy Plastic Step Stool Home Bathroom Kitchen
Offered by east2eden
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Broken on delivery :(, 6 Feb 2014
A like this step, its quite sturdy given the cheap price. But sadly it was cracked along one of the bottom joists when I unpacked it from Amazon. Couldnt be bothered returning it as its bulky to package back up.

Playmobil 1.2.3 6778 Take Along Barn
Playmobil 1.2.3 6778 Take Along Barn
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very sturdy, 6 Feb 2014
A nice idea but unfortunately the case itself came apart at the hinge within days and then the handle came off through normal use (no rough handling).

365 Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
365 Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 6 Feb 2014
Its really well laid out with some great, yet simple ideas. My son is still too young to get properly arts & crafty (he's 18 months) but he loves looking through the pages as they have really bright, fun illustrations throughout. He often chooses to look through this book pointing out things than looking through his actual proper books. The book itself is well designed with the ring edge so it lies flat and the pages are pretty sturdy for rough handling by young children. I myself want to make things out of this book! Definately worth buying.

On The Edge: My Story
On The Edge: My Story
by Richard Hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 14 Jan 2009
This review is from: On The Edge: My Story (Hardcover)
This book is excellent. Mindy captures just how horrifying it was and how fragile a brain is and I totally understand where she is coming from. Its great to hear the recovery from both points of view. Best book I've read in a long time. Richard needs a medal for pulling through and Mindy one for being there!

Lost in Blue 2 (Nintendo DS)
Lost in Blue 2 (Nintendo DS)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly marred by ridiculous food/water/energy levels, 28 Jun 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is exactly the sort of game I thought I would love. The story line is great. However Ive only had this game 3 days and its driving me nuts already. You have to explore the island to get any further in the game, yet the characters food, water and energy levels plummet spectacuraily every time you leave the comfort of "home" so it makes it near impossible to get far without dropping dead! It totally ruins the game because of this. Its a shame as this could have been a great game.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2008 7:07 PM BST