Profile for rob > Reviews

Topeak Ridecase For Iphone 4 Weather Proof - Carbon / Black
Topeak Ridecase For Iphone 4 Weather Proof - Carbon / Black
Offered by Sportsandmoreshop

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect case to hold iphone, 4 July 2013
Just bought the white version of the Topeak Ridecase and i'm really impressed.

I was looking specifically for a case that would mount centrally on my stem. Aesthetically it looks much better to have it centrally mounted - bit like the powermeter units the pros use! I also wanted something slimline with a minimal look to it. I use it on my carbon road bike so wanted it to look good. Some of the others on the market look like bricks mounted to your bike.

The build quality is superb. The phone fits in the case very securely and in turn the case fits on to the mounting bracket very securely. I use the case on it's own for everyday use.

The water resistant cover is just that. It's a silicon material and it will hold off a good shower and fits nice and snug over the case. It's a bit dark meaning the phone screen is slightly harder to read.

Works perfectly in use. I can use any nav app i want and all the other phone functions. I'm thinking about getting a ANT+ dongle for HRM which the case can accommodate.

The fitment on the bar is really secure - no chance of coming off in normal road riding conditions.
All in all, great product. Bit pricey but it'll get good use.