Profile for Colin Browning > Reviews

Dvd ~ Industrial Revelations
Offered by dvdGOLD
Price: 9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A great series., 9 Jan 2014
A fantastic watch. Like Fred Dibnah but with more humour. I'm sure that academics might look at elements not covered but it is enthralling to watch and gives a really good start point for our industrial heritage.

The Most Dangerous Enemy: A History of the Battle of Britain
The Most Dangerous Enemy: A History of the Battle of Britain
by Stephen Bungay
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A great history, 9 Jan 2014
Well written, researched and easy to read. Nicely ordered so pieces together nicely. Watch the movie for entertainment, read this big for the bigger picture and full story. Most of the focus is on the RAF but much of the thinking of the Luftwaffe is also covered.

Authentic RDX Punch Bag Steel Ceiling Hook with Swivel,Wall Bracket Boxing
Authentic RDX Punch Bag Steel Ceiling Hook with Swivel,Wall Bracket Boxing
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 9 Jan 2014
Rapid delivery, well made and easy to install. If you have a suitable beam, then this is the perfect bracket for a heavy punch bag. Looks and feels solid.

TurnerMAX Genuine Leather Heavy Punch Bag FILLED with Boxing Bag Gloves and Swivel Chain Punching Bag Training MMA punchbag Natural Tan Brown 4 ft
Offered by Turner Sports
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great punch bag, 9 Jan 2014
I bought the 4ft bag to hang in my home gym. It arrived very quickly and has lived up to my expectations. I have only used it on a few occasions so far but it can take plenty of punishment. The chains and mitts are also quality products. Recommended.

Citizen Men's CA0265-59E Eco-Drive Titanium Watch
Citizen Men's CA0265-59E Eco-Drive Titanium Watch
Price: 242.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A really great watch, 10 Dec 2013
I had this watch in my wish list for a long time before taking the plunge and buying it. I have a had a titanium watch for around 10 years and this has made a fine replacement. It is solid on my wrist but doesn't weigh a ton. It is a beautiful black and very sleek.
What does take some getting used to is the long 'second' hand. This is actually the second hand for the stop watch so just sits at the 12 o' clock position the whole time. The 'real' second hand is actually the lowest of the 3 dials. I would have preferred these two to be the other way round.
Apart from the, so pleased with this watch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 7:53 AM GMT

The Road to War: The Origins of World War II
The Road to War: The Origins of World War II
by Dr Richard Overy
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I concise and readable volume., 1 Sep 2013
I have been an avid reader of WW2 books for some time now and am also interested in the interwar years. This book has filled many of the gaps in my knowledge.
It is broken down into country chapters which makes it easy to follow. It is clearly argued, logical and consistent in its approach. It can be read rather than studied.
For those looking to understand the situation within the major players prior the WW2, this is an excellent place to start.

Science and Practice of Strength Training
Science and Practice of Strength Training
by Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky
Price: 31.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 1 Sep 2013
As a personal trainer and conditioning coach I am always looking to increase my professional knowledge base. I bought this book on the strength of the other reviews which are indeed accurate. As a read, it can be challenging at times but it is worth it because the information contained is stimulating and worth considering.
It has both reinforced some of my existing knowledge and introduced me to some new ideas I hadn't previously considered.

Stellar Sabatier 'Series 35' 5 Piece Knife Block Set
Stellar Sabatier 'Series 35' 5 Piece Knife Block Set
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 45.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A Present for the wife, 29 May 2013
My wife wanted a knife set and this one certainly fitted the bill. Five good knives in a block that looks good in our kitchen. The knives are good quality and seem to be holding up well.

Developing Agility and Quickness (Sport Performance)
Developing Agility and Quickness (Sport Performance)
by National Strength and Conditioning Association
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for coaches, 29 May 2013
I work as a personal trainer and conditioning coach and was looking to add to my knowledge. This is a brilliantly simple and straightforward book which packs a lot in. It does manage to be easy to read but the information and drills it contains are well thought through. Recommended for all those training for sports where agility and quickness are the key to success.

How to Bake
How to Bake
by Paul Hollywood
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for the wife., 11 May 2013
This review is from: How to Bake (Hardcover)
We both love 'The Great British Bake Off' so I bought this as a present for my wife. She loves it and as a result I get great things to eat. Win, win.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3