Profile for Ms. J. E. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. E. Smith

Ms. J. E. Smith "janey66" (Northern Ireland)

Cuisinart SSB1U Soup Maker
Cuisinart SSB1U Soup Maker
Price: 117.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the kitchen, 16 Nov 2010
I love this! Bought two weeks ago and find it easy to use and easy to clean. For those that have complained about the browning plate getting hot - I find the stir function stops veg sticking. You do need slightly longer cooking time for some vegetables but it is easy to add extra cooking time. The blender makes lovely velvety soup - a really superior liquidising function. This is definitely a piece of equipment that will remain out on the kitchen counter with no chance of gathering dust!

Unbeaten: The Story of My Brutal Childhood
Unbeaten: The Story of My Brutal Childhood
by Kim Woodburn
Price: 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable and inspirational, 7 Jan 2008
This is a very honest and heartrending story but also an inspirational one to those of us that have survived abusive relationships. I read this book in one day as I felt I had to know what happened next - how she got through the next day , the next month or the next year. There is indeed a happy ending and whilst the scars of abuse never leave the lessons one learns from them stay and the courage in surviving them gives real hope to all. This is such an honest and straightforward book and will touch the hearts of all who read it.

Real Food, Real Fast
Real Food, Real Fast
by Sam Stern
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars in my daughter's words "absolutely brilliant", 19 July 2007
This review is from: Real Food, Real Fast (Paperback)
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter who has always been interested in cooking but wanted to get a book that was just hers and not a "kids book". This book was right up her street- and because of the lay out and large type the print was really easy for her to understand (she is dyslexic and finds small print difficult to follow!). She has found lots of recipes to try and thinks it brilliant that there is a load of veggie stuff - so she can cook for me (being the only veggie in the house!!)- I also like that it encourages her just to try different things and to make her own dressings etc. The fact that it is split into time sections is great and shows just what can be done in very little time. Now to get my 7 year old son cooking...