Profile for Mr. T. Jaconelli > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. Jaconelli

Mr. T. Jaconelli "jaco223" (Bangladesh)

Page: 1 | 2
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Offered by AllGoodDealz
Price: 10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but limited in comparison to Soul Calibur, 12 April 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
After hearing such positivity surrounding this release, I had the highest hopes for this game. I am a huge beat 'em up fan but I'm afraid to say that I found Street Fighter to be nothing more than a button bashing arcade style fun game with very little depth or skill involved. When you compare the game with Soul Calibur on the PS3 it doesn't even compare. The huge array of characters, weapons and variety of moves on Soul Calibur as well as the fact that it is a much more skilled game to me I can't understand why anyone would prefer Street Fighter. Even visually it doesn't compare. Don't get me wrong this is still a fun game, you can pick it up and play straight away but I got bored very quickly whereas I never get bored of Soul Calibur so do yourself a favour and buy the better beat 'em up and you will see the vast difference between the games.

Need for Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
Need for Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!
Price: 9.89

2.0 out of 5 stars awful xmas present, 28 Dec 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
As I am preparing to take this game back and trade it in for Need for Speed carbon I thought I would express my huge disappointment in this game and let you all know why I am taking this game back. The graphics are actually very good but you cant expect bad graphics from the PS3, the thing is this is nothing like any of the other Need for Speeds, they have tried to change it into something new and exciting but instead it has changed into something confusing, boring and frustrating. Multiplayer is just terrible, it is possibly the most annoying thing in the world as you can hardly see where you are going due to the bizarre camera angles and lines on the screen. Drift is awful, the tracks are so short. Drag is really useless as if one person slightly mistimes the start there is no race whatsoever. The circuit tracks are just plain boring. What happened to screaming through cities dodging other cars, now it is just race around a track, you may as well wait for Gran turismo if this is what you want to do and it will be miles and miles better than NFS anyway. Don't even get me started on the in-game menus which are ridiculously complicated, you feel like you have run the marathon before you even get to the race. This is the first really bad game I have played on my PS3, I advise all to get Need for Speed carbon instead.

Boiler Room [DVD] [2000]
Boiler Room [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Giovanni Ribisi
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded even my best expectations, 26 Dec 2007
This review is from: Boiler Room [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I'd heard a fair bit about this film since it came out quite a few years ago, and finally I got my hands on a copy of it and this didn't disappoint. With great performances from Giovanni Ribisi, Ben Affleck and Vin Diesel, a great story, a really good old school hip hop soundtrack and very well filmed this has to be seen as a modern classic. Based around the illegal stockbroking business this film plays out like a gangster movie without actually being a gangster movie. By this I mean it is similar in the way it is about organised crime and we follow the rise of the central character(Ribisi) from a nobody who makes a bit of cash setting up illegal poker games to becoming the pinnacle of the illegal stockbroking business. Though having resemblences with gangster movies it leaves out the unnecessary shootings and violence and replaces it with a well-thought and effective piece about the ins and outs of city and business life and the fraud and other illegal activities within it. It prevails in being a cool, stylish movie featuring some well-known actors who are all on top of their game. This is a must-see movie.

Servants In Heaven, Kings In Hell
Servants In Heaven, Kings In Hell
Offered by Big World UK
Price: 18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Jedi Mind still on top form, 12 Mar 2007
Once again Jedi Mind have failed to disappoint. Its another brilliant album, great production from Stoupe and thoughtful agressive lyrics from Vinnie Paz. All fans of underground hip hop must buy this album. Best tracks incude Uncommon Valor, Razorblade Salvation and Put Em In The Grave.

Phi-Life Cypher - Playback
Phi-Life Cypher - Playback

5.0 out of 5 stars Best UK Hip Hop Album in a long time, 7 Feb 2007
I was disappointed with 'Higher Forces' but Phi Life are back to their best on this album, there hasn't been too many amazing UK albums recently with Jehst and Ty perhaps not living up to the hype on their last efforts. 'Playback' along with Braintax's 'Panorama' and Kyza's debut album have been the highlights of UK hip hop recently, but you have to listen to this album it is destined to be a classic, there are some wicked tracks on here with the help from some production from Skitz. Good lyrics, amazing flow and rhyme patterns throughout and brilliant beats. Tunes to look out for 'Cordless Mics At 20 Paces ', 'Distinguished Jamaican English ', 'Showtime' and 'The Shining' but all the tracks are good, you should definitely buy this album its one of the best UK hip hop albums I've ever heard.

Half Baked [DVD]
Half Baked [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dave Chappelle
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Stoner Comedy, 6 Feb 2006
This review is from: Half Baked [DVD] (DVD)
Finally this film has been available to buy in the UK! I have had it on region 1 for the last 3 years and have bought it 3 times because of losing it. This is one of my favourite movies of all time, absolutely hilarious and it gets funnier every time you watch it. As far as stoner comedies go, I personally prefer it to Cheech & Chong, and it is up there with 'How High' as well. There are non-stop laughs throughout this film and is a modern day classic for all stoners, so go and buy this film, sit back, light one up and enjoy!!

Hell On Earth (Explicit)
Hell On Earth (Explicit)
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Production, Nice Rhymes, 7 Nov 2005
I'm a huge fan of Mobb Deep, and their follow-up to the classic 'Infamous' CD is not only as good as its predecessor, the beats are better on Hell On Earth. From the opening track right through to the last track, Havoc kills it with his production. And the great beats sets it up perfectly for Prodigy's smooth style of just non-stop raw rhyming. This album can't be missed, for all fans of true hip hop this is one of my favourite albums of all time, up there with 'Illmatic', 'Enter The 36 Chambers' etc.

Weapons of Mass Destruction [CD + DVD]
Weapons of Mass Destruction [CD + DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I won't be playin this in my ride., 25 Jan 2005
Since Xzibit's new found fame on 'Pimp My Ride', I was a bit cautious what to expect from him this time around. But to hell with it, I loved all his other albums so I bought this. The first thing I notice is that it is very political, with many anti-bush quotes, ok heard it all before. Now there is no doubting X's talent, he has shown before on tracks like 'Foundation' and 'Paparazzi' what he can do on the mic with his raw rugged voice. But on first listening to this album, I was disappointed with the very commercial choruses, and a real R&B sound to the album, so i was upset with X that he hadn't stayed loyal to his roots. But after a few listens, the album did grow on me, but still to this day I am slightly unsure with it, but his new sound is understandable because of his new fame, but I don't think this comes close to either of his first two albums, and is more or less the same kind of standard to that of 'Restless' and 'Man Vs Machine' which were also really good albums, it just never goes to the next level. In saying this, the album is still worth a purchase, I just wouldn't expect some masterpiece from the 'Pimp My Ride' man.

Purple Haze
Purple Haze
Price: 7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Wait, 9 Dec 2004
This review is from: Purple Haze (Audio CD)
This album has been a long time in coming, it has been getting delayed again and again but finally it is here and it is everything I could have hoped for from Cam'ron. There is a real diversity of tracks on this LP and many guest appearances including Lil Flip, T.I, DMX and many more. It does beg the question could Cam hold a whole album on his own and I would have to say that it would be very hard, the guest appearances here do pump up the album and keep it interesting. Cam'ron is an artist different to anyone, he has light hearted approach to many of his songs as heard in 'Diamonds & Pearls' but he gets away with it, just as he gets away with being the only rapper in the game to wear purple and pink clothes. This album has many highlights including 'Killa Cam', 'Get 'Em Girls', the Jaheim assisted 'Lord You Know' and the lead single from the album 'Girls' which is vintage Cam'ron using the sample from Cyndi Laupers' 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' and making it into a classic hip hop anthem.
Overall I think Cam'ron fans will be very happy with this new material and fans of commercial hip hop will also be very pleased with this effort. This is Cam'ron's best work yet.

Street's Disciple
Street's Disciple
Offered by uniqueplace-uk
Price: 5.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album of the Year, 6 Dec 2004
This review is from: Street's Disciple (Audio CD)
2 Pac. Biggie. Jay-Z. Eminem. These are some of the biggest names in hip hop but not one of these artists comes close to Mr Nasir Jones otherwise known as Nas. He has delivered the best album of all time in 'Illmatic' and since then many thought he has been on a downward spiral until 'Stillmatic' dropped and restored some faith in him. He then delivered one of the tightest LPs of 2002 in 'God's Son' and reassured the world that Nas was back to his best and was ready to be king of New York once again. 'Streets Disciple' goes one step further and he truly has unveiled a classic LP.
In this album Nas takes it back to the streets and in a year where almost all hip hop's big names have been churning out radio-friendly songs in order to get more exposure and airplay, Nas keeps it real and shows what true hip hop is all about. Forget Encore, forget The Black Album, these albums are garbage in comparison. This is without doubt the best album of the year, and not only this but it is a double CD, what more could we ask for...2 Nas CDs for the price of one! I can't ever remember a double CD being this good.
It is hard to say which CD is better as they are both so good, but some of the best songs include 'Nazareth Savage', 'UBR'and 'Live Now' but there are too many to mention. In 'Suicide Bounce' Nas teams up with Busta Rhymes and delivers one of the best verses I have heard in a long time. If you like real hip hop you must buy this album, Nas is the best lyricist the game has ever seen and his lyrics in this album are up there with if not better than those in 'Illmatic', the beats are fresh and unique, his flow is consistently amazing and Nas remains the one artist who can send shivers down my spine just listening to him. 10/10

Page: 1 | 2