Profile for Denise > Reviews

Content by Denise

Denise (Stanton Harcourt, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lucy
Lucy

4.0 out of 5 stars If only we could use all that brain power!, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Lucy (Amazon Instant Video)
Very interesting storyline / concept, very well acted by Scarlet Johansson (she does like acting in some weird films, doesn't she!) and excellent computer graphics. We enjoyed it.

Spring Gloves Cycling Gloves Iphone Samsung touch screen gloves cycling hiking outdoor work gloves protective padded cycle gloves
Offered by PushingBest Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good fitting gloves., 22 Feb. 2015
Well made, Good fit and the touchscreen function works well. Not very warm in cold weather (I had to wear a second thin pair of gloves underneath in icy conditions on my last ride), but I'm sure they will be fine for Spring and autumn cycling.

Coherence
Coherence

3.0 out of 5 stars Incoherent!, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Coherence (Amazon Instant Video)
Well, just as we thought we knew what was going on in this film, we were thrust right back to square one! Interesting concept, but the execution didn't quite cut it leaving us all mightily confused at the end.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film - when I could hear the dialogue...., 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gone Girl (Amazon Instant Video)
Well acted, true to the book. But WHY, Oh WHY, doesn't AMAZON have subtitle enabled films - I'm not hard of hearing, but so many films, including this one, have mumbled dialogue which gets missed without subtitles. PLEASE fix this AMAZON!!!! If NETFLIX can do it, surely you can!

12 Years A Slave
12 Years A Slave

2.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles needed!!!, 30 Dec. 2014
I'm sure this would have been a very good film if we could have understood what they were saying!! Why oh why doesn't Amazon provide subtitles for the films it sells - Netflix do!! The film had a good theme and was very brutal in places, but our enjoyment was ruined because we couldn't understand the dialogue. I'll be purchasing films through Netflix in the future!

Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit
Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive cleaning kit, 18 Dec. 2014
Arrived on time, good value, contains all the kit I need to keep my bike sparkling!

Bicycle Roswheel Frame Pannier Bag Front Tube Bag Phone Cell 100g (Red)
Bicycle Roswheel Frame Pannier Bag Front Tube Bag Phone Cell 100g (Red)
Offered by LYNDIE JOHNSTON DESIGN LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits snugly on my bike crossbar, 27 Nov. 2014
Very neat little bag that snugly fits onto the crossbar of my bike and doesn't move over bumpy roads (and I've got loads of those near me!). It holds a spare inner tube and tools and my iphone 5 for tracking my cycling trips. The Velcro straps were a little too long, so I shortened them for an even snugger fit. Haven't tested the waterproofness of the item yet, since I'm a fair weather cyclist (the joys of being retired!) but it looks like it would withstand mild damp conditions. Good value for money.

The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

4.0 out of 5 stars Faithful reproduction of the book, 17 Nov. 2014
Had listened to the book and enjoyed the film just as much - it's a faithful reproduction of the book. Might be useful to make it more obvious that the film is in Swedish with subtitles for those who don't know!

Bolle Safety Rush+ Platinum Safety Glasses Twilight
Bolle Safety Rush+ Platinum Safety Glasses Twilight
Offered by EMIProducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 26 Oct. 2014
Comfortable, lenses very clear. I use them for cycling

Deluxe Hotel Quality Polished Chrome Bathroom TOWEL SHELF RACK & RAIL
Deluxe Hotel Quality Polished Chrome Bathroom TOWEL SHELF RACK & RAIL
Offered by HomeZonePlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 26 Oct. 2014
Good quality, well made, easy to fix

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5