Profile for Pat Regan - author of Dirty Politics > Reviews

Content by Pat Regan - au...

Pat Regan - author of Dirty Politics "http://dirtypolitics.viviti.com" (Southport, Lancs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Almost a Celebrity:  A Lifetime of Night-Time
Almost a Celebrity: A Lifetime of Night-Time
by James Whale

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost a Celebrity: A Lifetime of Night-Time James Whale, 17 May 2009
Anything written or spoken by James Whale has to be worthwhile. He has entertained millions on radio and television for many years and been an inspiration to freedom of speech throughout the Nation. Many would of course prefer him to keep his mouth firmly shut and his hands away from the keyboard yet I for one congratulate his efforts. I have to say that has candid words on the ludicrous government 2-week waste collection scheme and the fiasco of alleged man - made global warning has inspired more than a few paragraphs in my own latest book - Dirty Politics. Long may he reign. Nice one James.

Celtic Myth and Legend (Celtic, Irish)
Celtic Myth and Legend (Celtic, Irish)
by Charles Squire
Price: 14.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Myth and Legend by Charles Squire, 16 May 2009
I adore this old book. It was first published in 1905, according to my old version. I have had my own green-backed copy for decades and it is held together with tape. It was one of the most influential books on my psyche and led me to later write both The Torch and the Spear and The New Pagan handbook. The information in its lovely old pages (over 400) forms an enormous reference for any genuine seeker who wants to access data about the heathen mythology of the British Isles. This is far removed from the typical, fluffy bunny spell-book tripe that we frequently face in New Age shops, which are comically supposed to be about myth, paganism or the occult. It just oozes sincerity and is a detailed study of the native deities and traditional mindset of our earlier pre-Christian ancestors. I have taken the mythological lessons within Squire's book and decoded them in my own works so that his superb efforts will not be lost. This wonderful work is a great stepping stone for anyone who wishes to shake off the thrall of monotheistic mind control and indoctrination and enter the gates to understanding their Pagan birthright. I was lucky enough to discover this folklore work many years ago - it is a treasure.

Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon
Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon
by Nick Pope

4.0 out of 5 stars Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon, 24 April 2009
Nick's qualified effort herein is well worth investigating for anyone who wants to expand their horizons. He is the man to take heed of on this topic and has the knowledge to inform and instruct any genuine seeker in this instance. I speak from personal experience of dealing with Nick myself over the UK UFO axis and MoD apathy herein. Buy it!

The Rotten State of Britain: Who Is Causing the Crisis and How to Solve It
The Rotten State of Britain: Who Is Causing the Crisis and How to Solve It
by Eamonn Butler

4.0 out of 5 stars The Rotten State of Britain, 23 April 2009
I feel that `The Rotten State of Britain' is just the tonic to combat the overtly bureaucratic claptrap that we are drip fed on a daily basis by shrewd politicians and conceited councils throughout the UK. As the author myself of a new book called `Dirty Politics' I can genuinely identify with much of the rationalization within this book. Mention of healthcare under Labour is a very sore point and in my own town of Southport as we have been fighting for lost children's and maternity services for several years, yet the political filth behind this axis also features in my own book. As with the incredibly ill-conceived 2-week waste collection fiasco, this Government seems to place greater emphasis on figures and statistics rather than appropriate consideration for the trusting families within our once proud land. Yes - we need more books like this that remove the dark veil of autocratic assertion and expose the truth.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Candlemagick Spell-book
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Candlemagick Spell-book
by Frater Marabas

5.0 out of 5 stars Candlemagic Spellbook by Frater Marabas, 22 April 2009
Every now and then a truly innovative piece of work rolls into our domain. The `Candlemagic Spellbook' is one such mini masterpiece. Although this little beauty only stretches to 71 pages the wealth of magical wisdom that it holds is simply incredible. The lessons within are set out in a simple but effective fashion so that anyone can soon be on their way to understanding the awesome philosophy behind the intent. Numerous issues are covered including: Karma; God Forms; Symbolism; Altar Equipment and many other things vital to magical success. .There is even especially useful magical tables included for Planetary Hours; Angelic Images; Elemental Qualities and Correlations etc. All in all I would sincerely recommend this timeless little gem to anyone who is interested in learning about genuine magic rather than the useless New Age hogwash that is frequently fostered on the unsuspecting masses these days. I personally owe this wonderful little work a great deal as it was a real eye-opener.

The God Who Wasn't There [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [NTSC] [US Import]
The God Who Wasn't There [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [NTSC] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Sam Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars The God That Wasn't There, 4 April 2009
More and more studies like this now shed new light on old beliefs once taken for granted. What we were indoctrinated with at school was false, biased and inaccurate and investigations like this one lay the cards firmly on the table of truth.
Unfounded information (hearsay) means data derived from other people/third-hand sources (as with the Gospels etc) rather than on a genuine witness knowledge basis, is totally unacceptable today.
Law courts do not in general allow hearsay as proof, and nor does sincere contemporary research. Gossip alone provides no proof or good evidence; therefore we must dismiss it or face the music as narrow-minded hypocrites.
No one has the smallest amount of physical evidence to support a historical Jesus figure. This seems to be the central force in such studies as this one. I have also covered a similar thread in my own volume, The New Pagan Handbook. Come to think of it - perhaps I should be speaking intimately with the makers of `The God Who Wasn't There'?
Jewish scriptural values joined with Pagan myth/tradition of the time give us adequate information about how such a new-fangled religion as Christianity could have been crafted. Numerous Pagan myths cross-pollinate incredibly closely with the alleged Jesus god-man figure. To ignore such immense similarities, due to blind, unquestioning faith alone, is preposterous and rather dangerous in the extreme. This is how religious fundamentalism grows.
To ignore the mythological beliefs of history in favour of easily dismissed religious propaganda is basically ridiculous.
Resurrection accounts, Crucifixion tales, Virgin Births etc have all been knocking around long before the Jesus Myth was initially invented by those first cultist politicians, who wanted to rewrite ancient mythology.
Yes - we need more information like this and not less.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2009 10:11 AM BST

The Fly-Tying Bible
The Fly-Tying Bible
by Peter Gathercole
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 13.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Fly-Tying Bible, 3 April 2009
This review is from: The Fly-Tying Bible (Spiral-bound)
Peter knows his onions when to comes to making fur and feathers look attractive to the fish. I was self-taught but I would urge anyone who wishes to gain insight into this rustic old craft to read books such as this one.

The Complete Fly Fisher
The Complete Fly Fisher
by Lapsley Peter [Editor]

4.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Fly Fisher, 22 Mar 2009
The Complete Fly Fisher is well worth a place on any angler's bookshelf.
I was kindly given a copy of the work by my brother David. It is well laid out and easy to follow with information that will please both expert and raw beginner. Being a devotee of the dry fly I particularly liked the parts which dealt with a natural insect and its imitation. The plates of fly dressing photos are lovely too. I feel however that this book is largely aimed at the Southern regions and anyone who, like me, travels farther north with the dry fly may wish for a little more. The Complete Fly Fisher nevertheless brings together a plethora of expert tuition from some of the old stars of the game. It's a book well worth having for anyone who loves fly fishing and tying.

Mr. Crabtree Goes Fishing
Mr. Crabtree Goes Fishing
by Bernard Venables

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Crabtree goes fishing, 19 Mar 2009
Old Bernard truly had his finger on the pulse of angling when he created this great masterpiece. Never let its childlike simplicity fool you for within its pages this book holds a magical quality that borders on the spiritual. There is just something so magnetic that makes one want to rush off to the nearest waterway after reading this boy's own classic.

Jack Hargreaves: A Portrait
Jack Hargreaves: A Portrait
by Paul Peacock

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Hargreaves: A Portrait, 16 Mar 2009
Paul Peacock deserves a gold medal for helping to keep the wonderful spirit of old Jack alive. His study of this noble country gent is admirable. Jack showed so many of us young lads the rural way of things. For me it led to a life of fly fishing and for this I thank him. Good stuff.

Page: 1 | 2