Profile for G. Thompson > Reviews

Content by G. Thompson

G. Thompson "Petanque" (France)

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Summer in Bordeaux
Dark Summer in Bordeaux

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, Wish I had read the first in ..., 26 Aug. 2014
Very impressed, Wish I had read the first in the series before this, the second but, a very well written and enjoyable read. I will buy the other two in the trilogy.

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Compact Digital Camera (12MP, CMOS Sensor)
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Compact Digital Camera (12MP, CMOS Sensor)
Offered by 1A-PHOTO-PORST

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best Coolpix to date., 5 Feb. 2014
The last Coolpix I owned was the P7000 a camera that produced excellent image quality but was dogged by issues in terms of operation and speed. This camera is no speed demon but it has just about everything you could want in a compact. The key feature is the bright, 28-200 equiv. lens, producing superb image quality. Nikon have always had the edge on colour resolution for me, but that is down to personal taste. The articulating screen is a nice feature to have but not a decision maker for me, however the EVF is a huge step forward in compact cameras. I am not a fan of holding the camera out in front of me and like the added stability gained by holding the camera to the eye. I am not saying the view through the viewfinder is great but it does give you all the shooting information and gives a 100% view. The quick menu button is not well placed for easy access and some functions require a two or three step process, however this is something that experience and time will hopefully improve. I have only had mine for a couple of weeks but am hopeful it will be the last camera I ever buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2014 3:59 PM BST

Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris
Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 Nov. 2013
Disjointed and difficult to follow, had to re read pages to get back to the thread. Am academic's thesis for a degree course put into print comes to mind, clever, but not for me.

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Nov. 2013
Heart wrenching, gut wrenching, astonishing courage. A superb account of a woman who found herself through an epic undertaking. The reviewer who gave this one star really should seek help. I will remember this story for a long time. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Written by a man who thinks he is clever, he is not. A man who thinks he is witty and amusing, he is not. A man who thinks he has the ability to write, he cant.
I live in France and this man and his family are definately people I would cross the road to avoid.
They even scrounged freebies to write this rubbish.
Awful! Avoid!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 2:57 PM BST

All Hell Let Loose: The World at War 1939-1945
All Hell Let Loose: The World at War 1939-1945

5.0 out of 5 stars A superbly researched and written account of this world conflict., 16 July 2013
I have long been a fan of books by this author. I resisted initially, mainly due to the title, not the best decision his publishers ever made. However the content gives a wonderful insight into the effects of the conflict on civilian and military individuals alike, alongside the decisions made by world leaders effecting millions.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Kindle Edition)
Most enjoyable, characters and plot were believable and well researched. I will read more from this author in future. Highly recommended.

The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
by Slavomir Rawicz

1.0 out of 5 stars Mugged, 29 Mar. 2013
I feel a complete idiot for buying this book without looking more closely at the reviews and doing more research. I was halfway through when I decided to learn more about this 'brave man'. After learning the facts I will read no more and remove it from my kindle.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point Series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Mar. 2013
I took a chance on this book, mainly because I thought it an intriguing story. I could not put it down, super story, well written, I look forward to the sequel. Give it a try is my suggestion

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 12 July 2012
When Kindle first arrived on the scene I thought, how ridiculous, how can anyone want an electronic book, silly marketing gimmick, it will never last.
Well..... time marches on and one gets older and a bit more prepared to explore the concept further, helped by friends and family who have made the jump. I decided to buy a kindle one month ago and after two books read I have to say, fantastic.
I studied reviews long and hard and was almost tempted to buy the basic Kindle as for reading books only, the basic Kindle was thought ideal. In the end I bought the touch model and am so glad I did, page turning and touch keyboard are brilliant and I think the four way navigator on the basic model would have spoiled the experience.
I also bought the Kindle leather cover with built in light, expensive but well worth it and I would have no hesitation in saying this combination will enhance my reading experiences for many years to come.
I have no negative comments at the moment, AMAZON sent it beautifully packed and quickly. online book purchase is impressively quick, although given the format I think some titles could be cheaper.

Page: 1 | 2