Profile for Unique > Reviews

Content by Unique

Unique "Crazy judge!" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Resurrection
Resurrection
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastacia has returned with a stunning album., 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
This is her best album for me personally. Initially I was a disappointed by the snippets because it sounded too ballad heavy but once I heard the whole album (deluxe edition is a must) my feelings changed. After a couple of listens, I understood that this album was her most personal and reflective album, some stunning lyrics and of course her one of a kind voice. The album has a number of uptempo's too which we all know she does so damn well, but this album has given her an opportunity to show off a different side of her talent. Highly recommended.

Oh and my favourite songs are: Stupid Little Things (great single), Lifeline, Evolution, Pendulum, Apology, Oncoming Train & Resurrection, although there is not one bad song on this.

Apple Earpods + Remote + Mic
Apple Earpods + Remote + Mic
Offered by MAIL ORDER
Price: 8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Had them for 1 year, still work perfectly., 6 Jun 2014
Title says it all really, the longest lasting of their type I've come across at this price, nice little volume adjustment thing on the ear cable and the shape of them is designed to fit snugly in the ear which they do for me. I'm going to buy 1 more pair for back up.

Oh and I didn't realise when I ordered that mine came from Singapore, no wonder why they took so long as I live in the UK! Not sure if getting them from elsewhere will affect the quality...

The Rhythm Of The Saints
The Rhythm Of The Saints
Price: 6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a masterpiece, simple as that., 12 April 2014
This is the perfect fusion of world and pop music, it's truly stunning and is one of my favourite albums of all-time, totally timeless. It has a mix of uptempo and mellow tunes, the album is bursting at the seams with joy, hope, sadness in fact it has many emotions within. The music is striking in that it successfully weaves pure poetry with subtle yet complex melodies and an irresistible rhythm, this will not disappoint, give it the love and patience it truly deserves, Paul's best.

In Search Of The Lost Chord
In Search Of The Lost Chord
Price: 12.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary & spiritual., 18 Jun 2012
A journey to inner peace, this is how I perceived it's concept on the first few listens, it is a profoundly touching record and a "true" piece of art, it should be listened to from start to finish to appreciate what it has to offer. Just lay down, open your mind and your senses and let the story begin, you won't regret it.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 2:36 PM BST

Blueprint For A Sunrise
Blueprint For A Sunrise
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Primitive & Devilish., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Blueprint For A Sunrise (Audio CD)
The first few tracks made me think this album would be yet again another masterpiece from Yoko, it's primitive and wickedly devilish atmosphere was incredible, although a few tracks distorted this consistency in feeling which ruined the experience slightly as a whole for me. Having said that every track on this album is great in it's own right, another fantastic album and it is rather consistent just not quite as consistent as I would have liked. Rising II has to be one of the most beautiful and deeply touches pieces of music I ever did hear, the whole album is fantastic to be honest.

Rising
Rising
Offered by discover.store
Price: 13.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoko music is oddball, deeply touching and raw., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rising (Audio CD)
This lady is so underrated as an artist, her albums are so inspiring, earthy, tuneful and full of feeling, this is how I like my music. This is one of my all-time favourite albums, she has quite a few mind-blowing albums in fact try - "Fly", "Approximately Infinite Universe" & "Blueprint For A Sunrise" for starters after "Rising", there is lots of awesomeness to discover, free your mind.

Song Cycle
Song Cycle
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very special., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Song Cycle (Audio CD)
Glad to see this album re-issued, such an interesting and uncompromising album, unconventionally arranged classical and baroque pop collide and get infused with other sounds. Van's voice is also very charming and adds a very particular charm to it all. The album took a few listens to truly "get in-to" it but once it sinks it teeth in you'll fall in love. It's an unknown masterpiece, shame the track "The Eagle & Me" is not here, very good track as well. This album must have sounded quite alien at the time of it's release, ahead of it's time this one.

Heart Food
Heart Food
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A folk artist with a spiritual heart., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Heart Food (Audio CD)
The album is flawless, every track is nourishing and accessible, the only one which may not be everyone's cup of tea is the long piece at the end of the album. Judee's voice is so soft and true, you feel her spirit in the songs and alongside the words and sentiments, she was a gifted artist, sadly quite obscure these days as well. Get this one, her self titled debut also has quite a few fantastic songs as well and is a worthy purchase.

Terra Incognita
Terra Incognita
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 7.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunned!, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: Terra Incognita (Audio CD)
I have only ever known Juliette as a one of a kind actress but after hearing the album I am sure she will have a bright future in music, although it may be a hard task shaking off the actor-to-singer tag unfortunately! Juliette has an exceptional voice, she has a very powerful and emotive voice which really gets my core, she has a wonderful grit to her voice similar to that of Janis Joplin at times but Juliette has many shades to her voice which all really surprised me. My top tracks would have to be 'All Is For God', 'Terra Incognita', 'Junkyard Heart', 'Ghosts' which are all EPIC! but seriously the whole album is bubbling with classic tunes. I am even confident enough to say this is probably my favourite album this year thus far and that is something I never expected to think...:o This album crosses many genres, rock, pop, blues.... and Juliette proves she can deal with them all with ease, hopefully she'll make more music, she's found herself a fan in me.

My Paper Made Men
My Paper Made Men

5.0 out of 5 stars The unmistakable Amy Studt returns!, 2 Mar 2009
This review is from: My Paper Made Men (Audio CD)
Amy Studt has finally returned with her highly anticipated second physical album, this album was released digtally way back in May 2008, which I also own. This album sees a huge change in Amy's style and approach, people will be very surprised by the change but will also be happily taken in by what this little gem has on offer! When I first had a listen to the album way back in May it sounded very fresh and I was captivated and I still feel that way about the album to this day. Amy's voice is just simply enchanting and will send shivers down your spine, her lyrics, vocals and sound have matured immensely and it just sounds so different from the old Amy but she's definitely headed in the right direction.

All of the tracks sparkle with Amy's individuality and passion, each track has it's own distinct quality also. The tracks 'She Ran', 'Walking Out', 'Here Lies Love' & 'She Walks Beautiful' are all very deep and unbelievably moving and beautiful in every way. The tracks 'Nice Boys' & 'Chasing The Light have very satisfying hooks while maintaining an underlying vigour and are both the more commercial tracks on the album. The overall element I love about this album is Amy genuinely has the ability to touch me with her talent, the album has a sorrowful feel to the most part of it but if that's not what you like usually don't let it put you off. This album deserves to be a much bigger hit than her debut 'False Smiles'. The tracks 'Paper Made Men', 'One Last Cigarette', 'Sad, Sad World' & 'Furniture' are all spectacular also and the title track is one of the eeriest tracks I've ever heard, there seriously is not one bad track on it, it's splendind!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3