Profile for D. Hull > Reviews

Content by D. Hull

D. Hull "TooFitToDrop" (Cambridgeshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Crucial 8GB (4GBx2) PC3 10600 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
Crucial 8GB (4GBx2) PC3 10600 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
Offered by FLEXX ram
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value, 24 Jun 2012
Got these to upgrade my Mac Mini to 8GB from the standard 2GB and they work great. Apple wanted something like 160 extra for the additional ram so for 40 or so they were an absolute bargain.

Pro-Tec Arch Support Medium
Pro-Tec Arch Support Medium
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, practical and effective., 24 Jun 2012
I have always had weak arches although these days they are getting a lot stronger since I moved to more minimalist running shoes. However, every now and then the arches still give me a bit of grief and I used to counter this with off-the-shelf orthotics - these were mostly fine but they changed my mechanics more radically than I wanted as all I needed was basic arch support. These arch supports do not have that problem because they neatly wrap around your foot with the velcro fasteners. They are quite comfortable once you get used to them (and that doesn't take long) and they support the arch well without being overly intrusive. I don't need them all the time but find that when I do, they work a treat. They don't seem to add any bulk in the shoe as an orthotic would generally do.

Apple Mac mini (Dual-Core i5,2.3GHz,2GB,500GB HD,HD Graphics
Apple Mac mini (Dual-Core i5,2.3GHz,2GB,500GB HD,HD Graphics

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little machine that packs a big punch, 24 Jun 2012
I was no Apple fanboy, having grown up with Windows PC's and only got this machine so that I could program my IPad 3rd gen but now find the OS Lion operating system so much nicer than windows. It boots up and powers down much quicker, has a beautiful human interface and just seems so much more sorted than Windows. Yes, you can't so easily tinker with it as with Windows (probably a good thing) and Apple are a lot more restrictive when it comes to putting stuff on your computer and the Mini doesn't even get a DVD drive (you can piggyback your Windows drive). It's about the cheapest entry into Apple technology and is very minimalist but I find it's growing on me as my main PC, now preferred over my Windows kit. I stuck 8GB of ram on it for only 40 and it really motors. Apple products might be pricey but to me they seem to exude quality - maybe I'm a fanboy after all.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Your own personal physio and then some, 24 Jun 2012
This is a brilliant invention and allows you to reach and apply strong massage to just about any part of your body. I'm a runner and use it almost daily to keep on top of niggling muscle problems. Couldn't live without it now. Good instructions included along with trigger point diagrams.

3 Pack Shuffle Silicones Blue Green + Purple For The New 2010 Apple Ipod Shuffle
Offered by Akis UK
Price: 3.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Standard Postage a bit of a rip off in my opinion, 24 Jun 2012
These cost about 3. The postage cost 2 and they are light enough to have travelled in a normal envelope. In spite of the exorbitant postage they didn't arrive any quicker than a second class letter would have. As for the product itself, it's not bad and affords a bit of protection to the Shuffle. Why three colors in a single pack though when most of us have just 1 Shuffle ? Would have preferred option to have 3 of the same color. Not great value package.

Genuine Nokia BL-5C Battery
Genuine Nokia BL-5C Battery
Offered by Ekow Ltd
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap and it works., 24 Jun 2012
Nothing much more to add. It's a battery and it does what it says on the tin and very cheaply indeed. My previous one lasted for 4 years !

Newton MV2 Zero Mens Racer, Size- 9 UK
Newton MV2 Zero Mens Racer, Size- 9 UK
Offered by Park Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Great innovative racing shoe but very expensive, 24 Jun 2012
Newton make great shoes for more natural running but without being overly minimalist. Their ART technology really does seem to work and I find myself going marginally faster in these shoes than my minimalist types but not enough to warrant the expense - they are virtually twice the price of The New Balance Minimus road shoe which is almost as good and actually feels better to run in. They are still a great race shoe in their own right but it does take some time to get used to the lugs in the forefoot and they won't last any longer than a traditional race shoe. I probably won't be buying a second pair but only because of the pricing.

Noene NO2/43 2mm Insole Size 9 UK
Noene NO2/43 2mm Insole Size 9 UK
Offered by Dancewear of Edinburgh
Price: 20.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hot for running usage, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Noene Insole 2mm (Sports)
I use and love their 4mm heel pads but these full insoles, even though they are only 2mm thick, seem to cause a great deal of friction and heat. Just couldn't use them at all for anything over 10K. Probably fine for walkers.

Vibram Fivefingers Bikila LS Sport Shoes - 9
Vibram Fivefingers Bikila LS Sport Shoes - 9
Offered by SIX JIBE SPORT
Price: 89.85

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want serious minimalist then these are your babes, 24 Jun 2012
Doesn't get much better than this for the serious minimalist shoe user. These are outstanding for what they are designed for although I do still find it a little awkward to get all my toes into their respective toe pockets. Would actually prefer it if the toe area was just split into two sections, if any, to allow good feel and flexibility but with extra ease of fitting. Not cheap but these babes wear slowly and I see no reason why I can't get at least 1000 miles out of them and maybe much more - there's no midsole to break down so they are worn out only when they are actually worn through. Not for everyone though - they would break some types of foot.

New Balance Men's MT00BL Tendershoots/Black Trainer 9 UK, 43 EU, 9.5 US D
New Balance Men's MT00BL Tendershoots/Black Trainer 9 UK, 43 EU, 9.5 US D

3.0 out of 5 stars Somehow not up to the feel of their great minimus road shoe, 24 Jun 2012
These are the trail equivalent of the Minimus road shoe but that's pretty much where the similarities end. I found the material less comfortable and the shoe shape more restrictive than their road shoe. They are not strong enough for very technical trail running so stick to the light stuff and you should be fine. I also found that they were very poor in the wet and couldn't cope at all with mud. They are a bit like a cheap version of the Vibram Bikilas but not a patch on them in terms of capability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5