Profile for Mr. Master > Reviews

Content by Mr. Master

Mr. Master "dirty_brain" (UK)

Read My Lips
Read My Lips
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem and a classic., 8 May 2006
This review is from: Read My Lips (Audio CD)
This album is amazing in my opinion, but I wouldn't recommend it if you liked the 4 singles and expect the album to flow in a similar vein. If you appreciate diversity and a mixture of different styles - this is the album for you. You have dance-pop disco esque tracks (the 4 singles "Take Me Home", "Murder On The Dancefloor", "Get Over You" and "Music Gets The Best Of Me"), elements of electronica ("Lover" and "Sparkle"), and of course catchy pop in "The Universe Is You" and a mellowed down number in the stunning "Leave The Others Alone".

A very important word of advice - don't dismiss this album after the first listen like I did, I found it to be boring on the first listen but after several listens I found it to be a total masterpeice, the songs grow on you like a rash and catchy, infectious melodies weave their way under your skin.

The album proves what a unique talent Sophie is, she deserves all the success in the world.

Come And Get It
Come And Get It

4.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding and solid pop gem., 17 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Come And Get It (Audio CD)
I have to say, I wasn't really expecting much from this as Rachel's debut album "Flunky Dory" was such a heinous mess, but this is a true pop masterpiece.
You can tell from this album that Rachel's sound has evolved into a more retro and electro style, and the album is consistantly strong throughout.
Included on here are the singles "Some Girls" (which, despite being an old single fits well with the style of the album), "Negotiate With Love", "So Good" and "I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)" (which is my personal favourite track on the album). Tracks worth mentioning are the Shelley Poole (of Alisha's Attic fame) penned provocative number "Je M'Appelle", the Alexis Strum penned "Nothing Good About This" (the Alexis original was one of the best tracks ever IMO, this is nowhere near as good), "Dumb Dumb", the anthemic "Every Little Thing" and the rather stunning "Secret Garden" (which was originally recorded by Kylie Minogue, so I believe).
Do not be put off this album if you're not a fan of Rachel Stevens or was inimpressed with her debut album, this album is a sure fire pop classic which you will not be disappointed with if you're a lover of pop music.