Profile for I. Menmuir > Reviews

Content by I. Menmuir

I. Menmuir "adventurer" (Scotland)

Svetna
Svetna
by John Stack Sanders

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - perhaps the best book I've ever read!, 5 May 2009
This review is from: Svetna (Paperback)
Simply you have to get a copy of this book. I have never been into thrillers or novels for that matter but now I am hooked. Svetna is the only book I can recall that captivated me so much that I litrally counldn't put it down and rearranged my schedule to continue reading it. At every opportunity - between meetings, at lunch, through the night - and now its finished. What on earth am I going to do now??? It will make you cry, it will make you smile, it will horrify you and it will want make you take action...buy it.

SONY VAIO TZ11XN/B C2D/U7500 1.06G 100GB 2GB 11.1" DVDRW VB
SONY VAIO TZ11XN/B C2D/U7500 1.06G 100GB 2GB 11.1" DVDRW VB

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the world - tropics, dessert and scotland!, 3 Oct. 2008
I have now had this computer since it was launhed around 18months ago. There are loads of rave reviews which I agree with. The only issue I have had is with the pre-installed vista business which seems to be getting better.
The durability of this machine has far surpassed anything I have had before. It has spent months with in the tropics enduring humidity of 80% and temps of 35c +. It has also been in Norway in winter where tems were -20c followed by 3 mths in the middle east where temps were high 40c to low 50c. Added to this the only protection it has had from knocks, drops and bangs in a normal, small recksac and the sony felt case.
Would I buy one again - YES without hesitation and I wouldn't even both comparing..
If you are looking at this just buy it!!!

Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer
Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer
by Margot Morrell

5.0 out of 5 stars If more 'leaders' learnt lessons..., 2 Feb. 2004
A fantastic book and inspirational lessons; I have read many books on both leadership, exploration and Shackleton and was inspired by Shackleton's Way as I was the first time I read about him.
The 'lessons' at the end of each chapter are excellent and allow the book to act as a direct, useful reference.
Anyone who is or is striving to become, or already is, a 'leader' of an organisation should read this. It will inspire and provide you with thought from day one.