Profile for Windy Wendy > Reviews

Windy Wendy

Page: 1 | 2
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

4.0 out of 5 stars I've gone for 4 stars simply because whilst I enjoyed the reading experience, 13 Jun. 2016
I found this to be a compelling read, full of humour. The narrator doesn't shy away from the bleak reality of her life, job, relationship and the future prospects for them all. I've gone for 4 stars simply because whilst I enjoyed the reading experience, I was disappointed by the ending when the story just seemed to fall off a cliff.

The Logo Board Game
The Logo Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Family Fun, 25 April 2013
This review is from: The Logo Board Game (Toy)
Initially we bought this to have has a game to play with elderly relatives. It worked very well to play in teams and the questions are a good mix with both straight forward questions and picture clues.
We've also played it with teams of families with children and it was a hit with them as well.

Pale As The Dead
Pale As The Dead
by Fiona Mountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good mystery, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Pale As The Dead (Paperback)
Genealogist Natasha is approached by a new customer but ends up searching for the customer alongside her family tree. This really appealed to me as a fan of both crime fiction and genealogy.

A good story although it was a bit confusing at times. I'd like to read the sequel.

EASYi - Leather flip case for New Sony Walkman S Series (2009 Model) 8GB 16GB with Built-In Stereo Speakers NWZS545B NWZS544B NWZS545R NWZS544R

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 25 April 2013
A perfect fit for my walkman with holes in all the right places. The flip cover means if you want you can stand it on it's side when playing loudspeaker. I like to listen before going to sleep so this cover is sturdy enough to protect the walkman if I slide it under my pillow. Also the cover is very soft to the touch which is nice.
Very happy with this purchase

Dew Sterling Silver Double Disc Drop Earrings 6899HP
Dew Sterling Silver Double Disc Drop Earrings 6899HP

5.0 out of 5 stars Very wearable!, 25 April 2013
I bought these to match a necklace I received as a gift. I find I wear them a lot, even if not wearing the necklace.
They're not very big but that's what I like about them - dangly but not too showy!

The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
The Taint of Midas (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 2)
by Anne Zouroudi

4.0 out of 5 stars Greek Mystery, 25 April 2013
Second of the Greek Detective series. I was reading it whilst in Greece and the some of the images described in the book we actually witnessed whilst there which added to the enjoyment of the book. A story of human nature with a mystery to solve within.

The Doctor of Thessaly (The Mysteries of the Greek Detective)
The Doctor of Thessaly (The Mysteries of the Greek Detective)
by Anne Zouroudi

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely holiday read, 25 April 2013
Another in this series set on a Greek island. Whilst the atmosphere is slightly bleak, the imagery is spot on. An enjoyable story with a denouement I did not see coming.

Bloodline
Bloodline
by Fiona Mountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable mystery, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Bloodline (Paperback)
Second of this author's books to feature Natasha Blake "Ancestor Detective". As with the first one, Natasha is doing her normal job of researching family history and get involves in a murder investigation with roots in the past. Quite a complicated plot but easy reading although I was annoyed by a few small errors.

Flora Faux fur Satin lined Bridal Stole/Wedding Cape,code 48 (IVORY)
Flora Faux fur Satin lined Bridal Stole/Wedding Cape,code 48 (IVORY)
Offered by Flora's Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good service, 25 April 2013
We wanted something for bridesmaids to wear to a winter wedding. We weren't sure of the feel of the fabric of these but the seller suggested we order one first to see and we could return it if we wished. However it was fine so we ordered another two.
Very good value for money.

Silver square stud earrings made with real flowers - includes giftbox
Silver square stud earrings made with real flowers - includes giftbox

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 25 April 2013
I love the look of these quirky earrings. They are very pretty and go with lots of outfits.
One criticism is that they are quite heavy for their size and so can make my ears a bit sore if worn for long periods.

Page: 1 | 2