Profile for Kailin > Reviews

Ukulele Exercises For Dummies
by Brett McQueen
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book I have been waiting for!, 5 May 2013
I've been looking for a comprehensive exercise book for ukulele players and learned about this book from the author's website [...]. Since I for a while now have appreciated Brett McQueens teaching and help-offering approach to the Ukulele player community I did not hesitate to order a copy immediately. It's my first book from the "Dummies" series.

What do I like about it?
Both structure and content are consistently thought through and worked out well. You can work through the pages either chronologically or theme orientated, whatever you prefer. Use it as a guidance or pick bits and pieces - it's both fun and worthwhile. All major topics are addressed, from strumming to fingerpicking to scales and finally mastering the fretboard. All exercise examples are available as MP3 (more than 250 tracks!). And in addition to all that Brett offers in his unique friendly, professional and humorous way lots of tips & tricks around the Ukulele and the Ukulele exercising.

Conclusion: content-wise, linguistically and technically top - an overall successful book that not only motivates its reader for regular use and practice, but also invites to further expand ones individual play. I love it and honestly: this book makes my fingertips burn again!