Profile for Only My Opinion > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Don't Stop Believin': The Best Of Journey
Don't Stop Believin': The Best Of Journey

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many fillers., 1 Nov. 2014
A lot of fillers, especially on disc 2, but some very good stuff all the same. Don't regret buying it

Bolse® 12W NFC Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 8 hour Playtime with Built-in Speakerphone for iPhone 6, 5S, 5, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, HTC, Tablets, PC
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as loud as I'd expected., 25 Sept. 2014
Everything you've read about this unit concerning the fabulous clarity of sound, good bass feature, long battery life, and wonderful ease of pairing and bluetooth connection etc is all completely true.
What surprised me, however, is that it's not as loud as I'd expected.
This is a 10 watt unit, so I'd expected it to be far more powerful than my daughters IITRONICS IPS 06 5 watt speaker. Not the case.
I'd say that the two units are more or less equal in terms of maximum volume. I use this Bolse unit in the car , bluetoothed with my Nokia 1020, and powered via UBS from the cigarette lighter socket. I'd say it's loud enough, just, but I'd expected it to be far louder than it is. Before you ask; yes I did try connecting my phone to the speaker via jack-plug and cable. It wasn't any louder.

Lamplight (Album Version)
Lamplight (Album Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't remember buying this., 29 May 2014
Wonder where on earth I've put it. Got to be here somewhere. Better take one of my senior moments mints.

Senior Moments Mints
Senior Moments Mints
Offered by Bombay Collections

5.0 out of 5 stars These work a treat., 29 May 2014
This review is from: Senior Moments Mints
I am forgetful on occasion, I must admit, but when I can't bring something important to mind I just pop one of these little beauties into my mouth and everything comes back to me in an instant. It's almost like magic.

Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter
Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter
by Randy Schmidt

5.0 out of 5 stars This book seems to say it all., 29 May 2014
A very insightful book. Suddenly it all adds up.
Such a shame she didn't get the kind of help that can be found today.
She had a lot more music to give the world. A heck of a lot.

Dr. Fu Man Chu Collection (5 DVDs) uncut
Dr. Fu Man Chu Collection (5 DVDs) uncut
Offered by Amazin' Movie Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Goes downhill fast after the first movie., 29 May 2014
I remember watching the fu manchu movies with my mother, decades ago, on TV in black and white.
Particularly enjoyed the first movie in this box set, but they deteriorate in story-line and production values from then on.
The last two in the series are B-movies, if that. Those two discs definitely won't be hearing from me again, I can guarantee.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 10:36 PM BST

The Very Best Of Mott The Hoople
The Very Best Of Mott The Hoople

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cross-section of the band's history., 9 May 2014
Gotta say though, that there are really only 8 tracks I like listening to on this album. Guess I'm just not a huge fan.

Absolute Garbage [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Absolute Garbage [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compilation., 9 May 2014
Just like everybody else, there are a few videos I'd like to have seen included on this DVD, but, all in all, it's a very good set of tracks. The tour documentary is very interesting.

TeckNet® 3.5mm In Car Universal FM Transmitter
TeckNet® 3.5mm In Car Universal FM Transmitter
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't grumble., 12 Mar. 2014
Using it with my Nokia 1020. It gives as good quality of sound as the built-in transmitter on my old Nokia N8 did.
It's not perfect. There's a minor amount of hiss and crackle, particularly when playing low volume levels. Just gotta live with that. When playing high volume levels there's very little interference at all. Can't grumble at the price. It allows me to listen to my own music in the car, at an acceptable level of sound quality.

Nokia DT-900 Universal Wireless Qi Charging Plate Compatible with Nokia Lumia 820/920/925/930/1020/1520 - Black
Offered by Decrescent

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 12 Mar. 2014
Hope I never have to go back to plugging my phone into a charger. This is a far more convenient way of doing it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4