Profile for C. YOUNG > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lamplight (Album Version) [Clean]
Lamplight (Album Version) [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't remember buying this., 29 May 2014
Wonder where on earth I've put it. Got to be here somewhere. Better take one of my senior moments mints.

Senior Moments Mints
Senior Moments Mints
Offered by Inspire Plus+

5.0 out of 5 stars These work a treat., 29 May 2014
This review is from: Senior Moments Mints
I am forgetful on occasion, I must admit, but when I can't bring something important to mind I just pop one of these little beauties into my mouth and everything comes back to me in an instant. It's almost like magic.

Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter
Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter
by Randy Schmidt

5.0 out of 5 stars This book seems to say it all., 29 May 2014
A very insightful book. Suddenly it all adds up.
Such a shame she didn't get the kind of help that can be found today.
She had a lot more music to give the world. A heck of a lot.

Dr. Fu Man Chu Collection (5 DVDs) uncut
Dr. Fu Man Chu Collection (5 DVDs) uncut
Offered by AUDIO VIDEO DISCO - Discount Entertainment sent from the UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Goes downhill fast after the first movie., 29 May 2014
I remember watching the fu manchu movies with my mother, decades ago, on TV in black and white.
Particularly enjoyed the first movie in this box set, but they deteriorate in story-line and production values from then on.
The last two in the series are B-movies, if that. Those two discs definitely won't be hearing from me again, I can guarantee.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 10:36 PM BST

The Very Best Of Mott The Hoople
The Very Best Of Mott The Hoople

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cross-section of the band's history., 9 May 2014
Gotta say though, that there are really only 8 tracks I like listening to on this album. Guess I'm just not a huge fan.

Absolute Garbage [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Absolute Garbage [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Duke Erikson
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compilation., 9 May 2014
Just like everybody else, there are a few videos I'd like to have seen included on this DVD, but, all in all, it's a very good set of tracks. The tour documentary is very interesting.

TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
Offered by TECKNET

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't grumble., 12 Mar 2014
Using it with my Nokia 1020. It gives as good quality of sound as the built-in transmitter on my old Nokia N8 did.
It's not perfect. There's a minor amount of hiss and crackle, particularly when playing low volume levels. Just gotta live with that. When playing high volume levels there's very little interference at all. Can't grumble at the price. It allows me to listen to my own music in the car, at an acceptable level of sound quality.

Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate for Lumia 820/920/925/930/1020/1520 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 12 Mar 2014
Hope I never have to go back to plugging my phone into a charger. This is a far more convenient way of doing it.

Nokia CC-3066 Wireless Charging Shell Case Cover for Lumia 1020 - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 12 Mar 2014
Hope I never have to go back to plugging my phone in. This is loads more convenient.
Feels good too. Not bulky at all.

Two-minute Mysteries (An Apple Paperback)
Two-minute Mysteries (An Apple Paperback)
by Donald J. Sobol

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 12 Mar 2014
I remember reading this book when I was about twelve years old. I couldn't solve any of the mysteries at the time, which probably says more about me than I'd rather reveal. More than forty years on, older and wiser, whether I like it or not, they're actually all pretty easy to suss out. Trying to convince myself that I was just too distracted when I was younger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3