Profile for Ben Derby > Reviews

No Second Chance
No Second Chance
by Harlan Coben

5.0 out of 5 stars another good one!, 5 May 2004
This review is from: No Second Chance (Paperback)
I just love Coben. His characters are alive, his writing is crisp, and he just can't help but be funny.
He also really LIKES and respects women and is not homophobic - two traits virtually unheard of in male mystery writers.
I couldn't put this book down and kept on reading even though I had LOTS of other things to do - it was that good.
And ... for what it's worth, I think the final twist is fine. I would also recomend "A Tourist in the Yucatan"

Yucatan (Lonely Planet)
Yucatan (Lonely Planet)
by Ben Greensfelder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Info!, 5 May 2004
If you are familiar with the Lonley Planet series you know what this book is about, and as with the other LP guides I found it very helpful during my trip. Lots of great info for the travler who likes to explore off the beaten path and the economy minded travler. Very helpful info concerning the ruin sites. Made my hole trip great! The only sad part was my visit to Playa Del Carmen. Last time I was there was over ten years ago when it was a small village with unpaved streets, now it has grown into a small version of Cancun. Oh! one other bit of advice, check out "A Tourist in the Yucatan" fun book!