Profile for oldcynic > Reviews

Content by oldcynic

oldcynic

Page: 1 | 2
New 12V 3A 16mm Red LED Push Button ON/OFF switch Car Emergency Hazard Warning Flash Light
Offered by from1world(15-35 days shipping from china)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat switch but no wiring diagram included., 26 July 2015
This is a very neat switch which requires only a small space to fit. It works perfectly in my kit car. The only issue I had was that there are multiple connectors on the switch with no wiring diagram included. Luckily I know an electrician who tested it for me and advised which connectors to use otherwise I would have been struggling.

Slime SL-SDS500 Tubeless Tyre Sealant 473ml
Slime SL-SDS500 Tubeless Tyre Sealant 473ml
Offered by CAR-DEN

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for small punctures, 26 July 2015
The nearly new tyre on my wife's Honda suffered several small slow punctures from 3 pin nails stuck in it. I took it to a tyre supplier and they said it could not be repaired because the nails were within a few inches of each other and the repair patches would overlap. They offered me a new tyre at £115. For around £10 I thought it would be worth trying this product. Having used Slime for many years in cycle tyres I'm confident in it's ability to seal small punctures.
I installed the slime as per the instructions which was easy and it instantly sealed the small punctures. After 2 weeks there has been no loss of pressure and I'm hopeful I can continue to use the tyre until the end of its wear life now.

ALM MacAllister Recharge Lidl Florabest Plastic Trimmer Blades BQ026 Pack of 20
ALM MacAllister Recharge Lidl Florabest Plastic Trimmer Blades BQ026 Pack of 20
Offered by L.M Electrical

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 July 2015
These blades are identical to the originals and perform just as well

Neotechs® Vent Dash Car Holder Mount Stand Cradle for Google Nexus 7" Playbook Galaxy Tab & Kindle Fire HD HDX Galaxy Tab 2 & 3 7" iPad Mini 1 & 2 Argos MyTablet Tesco Hudl
Offered by Neotechs

2.0 out of 5 stars Vent mounting unsuitable, 23 May 2015
I was hoping this "universal" vent mounted cradle would be suitable for my Nexus 7 in several cars I own. The Nexus fits fine in the cradle but the vent mounting is no good in my cars, a Toyota and a Honda. The spring loaded clip does not go far enough into the vent to latch on properly so I will have to think again. The unit is good value for money and fairly robustly made but the all important vent clip lets it down unfortunately.

Machine Washable Beige Brown Heavy Quality Non Slip Hard Wearing Barrier Mat. Available in 8 sizes (80cm x 120cm)
Offered by Rugs Supermarket (Dispatched Within 12 Hours)

5.0 out of 5 stars it looks smart is easy to clean and doesn't show marks, 18 Nov. 2014
I needed a large entrance mat that wouldn't slip and move on a wooden floor and that wasn't so thick that the door could open and close freely. This item has achieved both of these needs perfectly, it looks smart is easy to clean and doesn't show marks. Very impressed with the quality and price I would highly recommend it.
Ose

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong bracket, 4 Sept. 2014
This bracket is seriously heavy duty which was ideal for my installation in a seaside area where storms and strong winds had broken the existing lighter bracket. It does not come with fixing bolts, the holes in the bracket are big enough to accommodate 7mm dia bolts with a 10mm wall plug. This made for a very strong fixing. i'd highly recommend this product.

Laser 4990 65mm/67mm Cup Oil Filter Wrench
Laser 4990 65mm/67mm Cup Oil Filter Wrench

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 19 Jun. 2013
This is a very simple and effective way of removing the filter. I bought it for my Mk1 Mazda MX5 but found it also fits a Honda Civic and no doubt most Japanese cars.
The only comment I would make is that you also need a 3/8 ratchet or wrecker bar as well to use it. The packaging it comes in has a rivet through the square hole that the bar fits in so you need to remove the rivet (a flat blade screwdriver achieved this) before using it.

Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 800grm
Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 800grm
Offered by aquacadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven Results, 19 Jun. 2013
I have been using this product for over a year. It's the only one I have found that actually controls blanket weed effectively. It does need regular re application as the effect does wear off in time. It's worth it's weight in gold compared to hand removing blanket weed which I used to do with depressing regularity.

BT Duet 210 Corded Telephone - White
BT Duet 210 Corded Telephone - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 19 Jun. 2013
This phone is great as an extra handset in the bedroom. The most important feature for me is you can turn the ringer off. As I work night shifts it saves being woken up during the day.

Garmin eTrex 20 Outdoor Handheld GPS Unit
Garmin eTrex 20 Outdoor Handheld GPS Unit
Offered by You Want GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of kit, 19 Jun. 2013
I purchased this GPS after having seen it recommended in CTC cycle magazine. I also purchased the motorbike mounting bracket which fits securely to the stem of my mountain bike and a lanyard bracket to keep it secuely on my belt when walking. I have downloaoded and installed Open Street Map from the internet which is free, rather than paying for OS maps. I have found OSM to be very useful as although it is much less detailed than OS it does include useful data such as street names and national cycle network that OS omits. I have tested it out by planning some routes on the bikehike website and downloading these as a GPX file. The route then appears as a highlighted line on the map making it very easyto follow. It seems to be very accurate and fast to lock on your location, even under trees. You can zoom in and out depending on the detail or complexity of the route. The screen is quite small but very clear, even in sunlight. After dark you can use the backlight. The battery life from 2 x AA rechargeables is excellent, easily getting a full day use from one set. All in all a great value GPS, well made and should hopefully last several years.

Page: 1 | 2