Profile for Linda Cargill > Reviews

Content by Linda Cargill

Linda Cargill "suspense gal" (Tucson, Arizona United States)

Bath PopOut Map - pocket size pop-up street map of Bath - folded pocket size travel map (Popout Maps)
by PopOut Maps
Edition: Map
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Visualize Bath, 12 Sep 2013
The map is so detailed and so colorful that I can follow my progress entering town on North Parade Avenue, passing the cricket grounds, crossing the River Avon, and parking our car somewhere near the Parade Gardens and the Orange Grove. From there it would be a hop and a skip to Bath Abbey, the Roman Baths, and the Pump Room. There's even an enlarged inset on "The Heart of Bath" featuring just the area I want to see next summer. Excellent. Couldn't be better.
by Linda Cargill, author of Key to Lawrence

New Forest National Park
New Forest National Park
by Clive Chatters
Price: 14.53

5.0 out of 5 stars It's The Most Gothic Place On Earth, 18 Dec 2012
On July 13 I took a shore excursion from the Queen Mary 2 to Stonehenge, Salisbury, and the New Forest and discovered that this area in the south of England is the most Gothic place on earth. Chills went up my spine when I saw barrows around Stonehenge. One could never tell what was around the next bend as our tour bus drove through the New Forest through tunnels formed by trees over the road. The gorse bushes looked creepy. I leaped six inches when I saw eyes peering at me through the gorse. A wild pony got up and trotted away, but it had looked like something far more sinister under a cloudy, lowering sky. Ravens greeted us sitting on a fence at Stonehenge and on the Close once we arrived at Salisbury Cathedral. Once inside we encountered the grisly remains of bishops and local potentates in the form of tomb-chests and painted effigies. It seemed like the very essence of the Gothic.
by Linda Cargill, author of Key to Lawrence