Profile for Desert Diva > Reviews

Takhi Merino Wool Shawl / Oversize Scarf Black 75 X 180cm
Takhi Merino Wool Shawl / Oversize Scarf Black 75 X 180cm
Offered by likemary

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful,soft,warm,excellent quality..., 6 Dec 2013
Beautiful,soft,warm,excellent quality...not much more to add except they are worth the few extra pounds for such lovely fairtrade authentic lovely scarves

PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 PU LEATHER FLIP CASE / COVER / POCKET / POUCH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 19 Aug 2013
Bought this as a present for my mum's first smartphone. She thinks its great quality, it fits perfectly, its a lovely dark purple colour and most importantly is slim fit and protects her phone in her handbag.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful high quality velvet jacket, 20 Feb 2013
If you are looking for a lovely velvet jacket - and a beautiful navy blue colour - this could be for you. Great value as it looks quite expensive.
Its not a tight fitting jacket but it still fits well and I think would be great for the smart/casual combined look.
I bought the black one too! - so I think that says it all from my point of view!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars nice jacket but at least two sizes too big!!!, 20 Feb 2013
Its a polyester heavy jacket which actually looks very smart and of very good quality - just like the pic.
Unfortunately I had to return mine as I ordered a size 6 but it looked and felt more like a size 10!...pity

Sugarhill Boutique Annie Top Women's Top Black X-Small
Sugarhill Boutique Annie Top Women's Top Black X-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely feminine pretty, 20 Feb 2013
this is a beautifully made top, just what I was looking for, the cut lace and the heavy embroidery made it look very expensive. a wonderful buy that would be great for an evening meal out. great fit. v.pretty and feminine.

Lola Rose - Bridgett Smokey Obsidian Tumble Bracelet of Length 20cm
Lola Rose - Bridgett Smokey Obsidian Tumble Bracelet of Length 20cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bracelet, 29 Nov 2012
This bracelet is really lovely. Its a great size, whether you have a small or large wrist.Its easily adjustable. Makes a statement in a very elegant way. Very feminine and pretty. Bought the three different stones available. Really happy and think they would be great for yourself or as a gift. For day or evening it really is just lovely!

Room
Room
by Emma Donoghue
Price: 6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars unreal and easily forgotten, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Room (Paperback)
I really do not understand what all the fuss is about.
It's a superficial read. No depth and completely unrealistic.
The great escape plan? Really improbable and quite frankly impossible!
No real exploration of such a tragic situation.
One be better off reading a real life story from someone who has gone through such a sitaution in real life.
This book does not do anything to shed light on anything.
Its just too short and too much of an easy read.
It lacks real meaning or feeling.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 3:15 PM BST

Sony CMTBX77DBI Mini Hi-Fi with DAB Radio and iPod Dock
Sony CMTBX77DBI Mini Hi-Fi with DAB Radio and iPod Dock

2.0 out of 5 stars LOOK CAREFULLY before you buy, 14 Dec 2010
Was looking for a new hifi as a treat for our home. Saw this and went to check it out in my local store.

I compared this to the SONY MX550i.

This 77DBI model sounds ok but looks very cheap and flimsy.

Arguably it is around 80 cheaper than the MX55Oi (and depending on where you buy it(taking into account VAT payback)but both the look and the sound are remarkably different in league.

Chic and quality build aswell as sound quality can really be noticed when you put the two together. So I have decided to buy the more expensive one because my use of it will make it worth it. It looks and sounds great for this mid range hi fi

If need be, am more than happy to spend less on a few other things to make up for it (ie. useless January sale items that seem a great deal at the time but actually just end up being quite unecessary purchases!)...so will not venture out to the sales, except maybe to buy a few CDs for my lovely new hifi!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

GreyMobiles Executive DARK PINK Wallet Case For Amazon Kindle 3G 3 + Wi-Fi WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose..., 13 Oct 2010
Lovely colour.
Hard case. Seems hard wearing.
Looks stylish too.(unlike the Belkin spotty glove!)

Very secure tight fit so will protect the case in my bag- I have no concerns about that.
All connections/ buttons easily accessible without needing to take kindle out of case.
I personally like holding the kindle itself when at home but when out and about with it this case really is ideal

BUT it is not real leather, but synthetic so would advise not to buy if you are looking for a real leather. However, who's going to really know??? (Who cares???) its what's on the inside - ie the kindle that counts!:)

Very happy with the ... purchase and so relieved that my kindle finally has a safe and secure and pretty home!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Crash and boom!... but not bang! ...my Handbag is a library!!!, 3 Oct 2010
Well, two weeks after order received my Kindle...and opened with great excitement...and it is I have to say quite a wonderful device for avid book readers like me...BUT THAT'S NOT QUITE THE FULL STORY...

I told myself there is no way that I would ever replace an ereader with the lovely smell and feel of a new (or even older book) but I don't know how or why but I have indeed succumbed to owning one.Maybe its just a sign of the times?...

And, what happened when I opened the box? Well, followed instructions for charging and started to play around with it and spent about 20 in the space of about 5 minutes downloading books. Was working a dream...then all of a sudden, it went a bit weird PANIC!!!!...I couldn't open any of my books- each time I tried it just seemed to all default to the Oxford Dictionary installed- and with only the heading and nothing else...just blank screen...then it just froze.

I just wanted to cry as I'd been planning to use it to commute to London this week ...so what did I do??? Well, went and googled the problem and spent time reasearching by reading about customer teething problems... and one wise chap indeed said to hold down the power on/ off button for about 20 seconds and let it restart itself...and when it does this go into Menu then Settings and at the bottom is should say VERSION 3.1...and if it doesn't then download the new version from here or ask customer support (freephone helpline to do it for you)and so far absolutely great! no problems...but make sure that you have the latest version 3 update because that could determine whether this is the problem (as has seemed to have been for many others that can be easily remedied) or indeed it is a truly defunct and needs replacing...thanks to my research realise that it was indeed a slight teething issue that I have now fixed and am SOOOO happy I do not need to replace it.

BUT , I did take one star off because there are lots of of books that I would like to download - that are quite mainstream- but they are not in electronic format for Kindle, and this I think is an area that Amazon really needs to focus on and improve very quickly...

Otherwise love my kindle as it my ALLADIN'S CAVE OF BOOKS, its so light and it travels everywhere with me in my handbag wherever I go, and leaves space for all the other things a lady likes to carry with her! ;-) (in addition to a library!)

Page: 1 | 2