Profile for E. Mouncer > Reviews

Content by E. Mouncer

E. Mouncer "TaperJeanGirl"

BOO015 - 10 Pairs Black Long HANDMADE Voluminous False Eyelash Eye lashes by Boolavard® TM
Offered by Boolevard Cosmetics Ltd. (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain and Simple., 6 Oct. 2012
If you want cheap, simple lashes these are the ones for you, a matter of 'does what it says on the tin'.

They are pretty plain and regularly shaped. Worth noting though, they are not like the ones displayed in the image, they are a lot thicker and not as natural but great for my nights outs.

They are relatively easy to put on, the first time is the worst but they get better when more shaped to your lash-line.

Ramones: Raw [DVD] [2004]
Ramones: Raw [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ The Ramones
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars From Raw to Reality., 15 April 2011
This review is from: Ramones: Raw [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Before I start, don't get me wrong - I used to be massive fan of the Ramones. I literally listened to all their stuff, got the t-shirt and joined the fan-club (Crazy times!). The whole New York Punk thing was right up my street when I finally bought this DVD wanting to get some idea about the 'natural habitat' of my Yankee rock stars.

I enjoyed the DVD, the Marky Ramone home movies were fun - all the goofing around and pranking band members. That was fun.

This is my issue with the DVD and its content - it isn't a silver lined tale of a rise to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, its a sad downfall of a really good band. The scenes with Deedee Ramone being sadly manic, the weird new bassist C.J looking like a young teenager amongst the ageing rock stars barely fitting in to their band t-shirts.

It was far from what I expected and far from what the Ramones used to be. No longer black and white photographs of them walking down 53rd and 3rd looking cool and fresh but video of Marky Ramone using the toilet.

Overall the amount of stuff on the DVD is worth what you pay, all the extra and interviews. But its really tired and hopeless.

They all hate each other too. That makes it so much worse.

'Ramones - End of the Century' is much better. Ramones - End Of The Century [DVD]

Kings of Leon - Live at the O2 Arena [DVD] [2009]
Kings of Leon - Live at the O2 Arena [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Kings Of Leon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Concert .. but nothing extra!, 8 Jun. 2010
I have never seen the Kings of Leon live .. I hate to say but its true! I just can't seem to ever get tickets in time .. but this DVD was a great experience for me.

The concert was well shot and the sound quality was very good and it was all in a good time span (about one hour and forty mins. All my favorites were played ..the range of songs were from all their 4 albums.

The reasons for me to put the rating down slightly is because there was no extras. By extras I mean .. possible interviews and backstage filming? There wasn't anything .. just a plain and simple concert. I really wanted something a little more personal, maybe I'm asking for a little too much?

A great concert, a great Dvd, great band .. let down slightly by the lack of extras.

But it shouldn't stop you from buying and experiencing a great band at their peak!

Aha Shake Heartbreak
Aha Shake Heartbreak
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky southern garage rock ... Roll on summer nights!, 7 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Aha Shake Heartbreak (Audio CD)
I did expect too much from this album. Way too much. I listened and I listened and couldn't quite work out whether it was a work of genius or just a load of bull. But soon after loading it onto my ipod to while away the hot evenings and night this summer I fell in love. The album itself has three aspects of a KOL album that, I think, needs ..

Firstly the classic tracks - 'King of The Rodeo', 'Taper Jean Girl' and 'The Bucket'.

Secondly the constants in all their albums old and new - Caleb Followill's '30-a-day' rasping southern drawl, the distorted guitar licks of Nathan Followill and the heartbreaking and sexually tainted lyrics.

Thirdly a new direction. I have found that within the 4 albums that they have produced there is a different inspiration - "Only By Night" was for the stadiums and the success of KOL in the music markets and "Because of the Times" was mainly 'going back to the roots' and success in England (I recommend both!)

They are a relatively new band and are still exploring their field within this album.

This album has it all! But I warn you .. this does need breaking in and playing through and through. All in all a beautifully crafted album .. do I expect any less from Kings of Leon?

Certainly not!