Profile for KWren > Reviews

Content by KWren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 39

KWren "KWren" (Wye Valley)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Microfibre Towel for Travel, Beach, Bath, Gym, Camping - XL Extra Large but Compact, Antibacterial and Quick Dry with small Carry Pouch (Lavender, 60 x 30 Inches)
Offered by Grabbits

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-drying, lightweight, compact towels ideal for travel or home use, 26 Nov 2014
There are two types of microfibre towels - one is the cheap, itchy, scratchy nasty low-pile type (often sold as dusters) which catch on every bit of rough skin, are horrible to touch and likely to put anyone off using microfibre towels for life. The other type are soft, smooth, highly absorbent, lightweight, fast-drying and so comfortable and luxurious to use. These Raqpak towels fall into the latter category.

I have the 152 x 76cm bath towel and, like the best microfibre towels, it is a pleasure to use. After a bath or shower, I simply wrap myself in it which, unlike a traditional cotton towel, feels warm and smooth against my skin and I pat myself dry. There's no need to rub the skin with it - just a gentle pat or dab, or simply wrap yourself up in it for a few minutes, and the skin is quickly dried so much quicker than using a traditional towel - and they also dry quickly too. There's even a press-studded hanging loop in one corner so they can be hung from a washing line or tree depending on where they are used.

After use they fold down into a very compact size of probably less than 5% of the size of a cotton bath towel and fit into a compact mesh carry case making them perfect for camping in a tent or campervan and traveling (my main use for them) but also for going to the gym, swimming pool, school etc. If used for extended periods of several weeks then they don't smell making them perfect for travel when it's not always possible to wash them.

We've been so impressed by these microfibre towels that we now use them exclusively at home too where they take up minimal space in the washing machine hence making them eco-friendly too and although they shouldn't be tumble-dried, they won't be damaged if they have an accidental tumble.

Prior to discovering the Raqpak towels, we've used the LifeVenture brand at more than double the price - but not any longer because these are just as good yet at a fraction of the price. Unbeatable and highly recommended.

Elegant Womens 6 Pairs Assorted Fashion Argyle Cotton Rich Socks
Elegant Womens 6 Pairs Assorted Fashion Argyle Cotton Rich Socks
Offered by Elegant Socks & Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, comfortable socks with a good fit for size 4-7 feet, 25 Nov 2014
These are very good quality socks made from a combination of 74% cotton for comfort, 25% polyamide for wicking and to make them hard-wearing and 1% elastane for a good, close fit.

The ankles are a good length (not skimpy like some cheap shop brands), well elasticated and are generally well-made throughout including the stitching above the toe area which can be a weak point. Because these are multi-coloured patterned socks there are threads inside on the borders where the colours change but not a single thread was loose on the six pairs in my set confirming they are well finished. They are also true to size (4-7), fit my size 7 feet perfectly and when measured against other sock brands from several well-known chain stores they were exactly the same.

There is absolutely nothing to fault with them. They offer a good fit, good quality, good value for money, feel soft to touch and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again.

Elegant Womens Heels & Toes Coloured 7 Pack Days of The Week Socks
Elegant Womens Heels & Toes Coloured 7 Pack Days of The Week Socks
Offered by Elegant Socks & Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality socks offering a good fit for size 4-7 feet, 25 Nov 2014
These are very good quality socks made from a combination of 75% cotton for comfort, 24% polyamide for wicking and to make them hard-wearing and 1% elastane for a good, close fit.

The ankles are a good length (not skimpy like some cheap shop brands), well elasticated and are generally well-made throughout including the stitching above the toe area which can be a weak point. They are true to size (4-7), fit my size 7 feet perfectly and when measured against other sock brands from well-known chain stores they were exactly the same.

There is absolutely nothing to fault with them. They offer a good fit, good quality, good value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again.

LEPOWER 16 Bright LED Wireless Solar Powered Motion Sensor Light (Weatherproof, no batteries required)
Offered by Prodigy3

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - in every way., 25 Nov 2014
I've only had this light a few days but already it has proven its worth.

Upon delivery I activated it using the enclosed pin upon which it illuminated immediately then left it to charge in our south-facing conservatory before placing it over our new shed door. By evening, despite the relatively dull November weather, it was already working better than I could have ever hoped. The small pir unit activated the light as I approached and produced an unexpectedly bright light from its 16 LEDs. With this I could easily read the numbers on the combination lock on an otherwise pitch black night making it very useful as a torch alternative.

Even better, the lamp acts as a very efficient security light. If there are any prowlers in the vicinity of our shed then the lamp illuminates attracting attention so is also an effective deterrent.

This light is just brilliant from its design and its build to the bright, white light it produces. It's also weatherproof which has been fully-tested here as it's not stopped raining heavily since it was fitted. If it works as well as this in a north-facing garden, in shadow on a dull, wet November day then it's going to be even better, if this is possible, during bright sunny weather.

An absolute gift at the price too and if I could award it six stars then I would do. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Ring RPP148 Compact Powerpack with LED Lights and USB Charging Sockets, 9 AH
Ring RPP148 Compact Powerpack with LED Lights and USB Charging Sockets, 9 AH

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential powerpack for all vehicles, especially in the winter months (good for camping too), 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a much older version of this powerpack - a 40Ah model which has been in regular use for more than 7-8 years and has never let me down. Since buying it, technology has moved on and it was time to update to a model with LED lights and USB charging rather than just via an inverter or 12v lighter socket as per the earlier model,

This newer model hasn't disappointed. It's small, compact, very portable, much lighter in weight and comfortable to carry via its moulded integral handle. There are substantial insulated crocodile clips fitted to the recesses on each end of the unit with instructions for a jump start conveniently printed on the reverse of the power pack - exactly where they are needed. According to the specification, the power pack will jump start an engine up to 1.8l. The only way to road-test this jump-start facility is to test it with a dead battery which, fortunately, mine currently isn't. However, the previous model certainly worked and I have to assume this does too.

To the front of the pack is the mains charging point, 12v socket and easily-accessed fuse. In the centre is the switch for use with the jump leads and to the right are two switched USB charging sockets for charging any USB devices such as a phone, tablet, mp3 player,satnav etc. Beneath is a bright 4-LED lamp and a 3-LED charge status indicator for the internal 9Ah battery.

The power pack is an essential piece of kit to carry in any vehicle, especially during the winter months when an out-of-condition battery can suddenly die without warning leaving the driver stranded while the lamp provides necessary light for an emergency situation while the 12v and USB charging sockets can recharge a phone.

However this is not just for breakdowns and emergency use.... I use my powerpack year-round for camping. The 12v socket via an inverter can power a laptop or electric blanket for short periods and provides a handy power source via the USBs. It should be noted that this model doesn't allow for the powerpack to be recharged via 12v while driving and doesn't include an inverter as earlier models did.

It's a good product to have on standby for emergency battery failures - but remember to charge it before and after each use and every 3 months to keep it on standby in top condition.

Aukey 3000mAh Portable Charger Lipstick Size External Battery (1.5A Output) with AIPower Tech for Apple iPad Air, iPad 4, 3, mini, iPhone 6 ,iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, 5, 4S,4; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note4, Note3, Note 2, Galaxy Tab; Nexus 10, 7, 6, 5, 4; LG G3, Optimus; HTC ONE M8; Motorola Moto G, Moto X; Bluetooth Speaker, GPS, External Battery Charger and Many other USB-Powered Mobile Devices - Black
Offered by duola beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars A powerbank as compact as a tube of Polo mints!, 24 Nov 2014
Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for a fair and unbiased review. The supplier did not influence my opinions of the product in any way at all.

At just 92 x 22mm, this is the smallest and most compact mini powerbank I have ever used. It's is small, compact, well-designed, quite robust and ideally suited to carrying in a pocket. There would be a risk of damage if the more common rectangular powerbanks were carried in a back pocket and accidentally sat on! This doesn't apply to this neatly-designed product which closely resembles a tube of Polo mints in size. It will also fit into `pen slots' in a typical bag so very convenient.

It charges by simply connected the supplied micro-USB connector to the input and standard USB to either a computer USB socket, a mains-powered USB charging plug or, a 12v adapter used in a car - I ordered this one of the same brand: Aukey Dual Port USB Car Charger and the two work perfectly together as a set. A red lights illuminates when charging then switches to green when fully-charged. A little disappointingly, there is no indicator of remaining capacity - many other powerbanks have a series of 1-4 LEDS indicating their approximate remaining charge. It's not a major quibble, just a feature which would have been ad addtional bonus.

It works well, is very easy and convenient to carry - possibly the easiest I've used. It's a good buy, a very good price and I can't fault it.

Aukey Dual Port USB Car Charger 4.2Amps/20W for Apple iPad Air, Mini, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Note2;Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, One plus;Motorola Moto G; HTC One M8; LG G2; Nokia Lumia 1520 and most of the USB Charged Devices - Black
Offered by duola beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to charge 2 USB devices while driving, 24 Nov 2014

This is a very handy device for anyone like me who needs to charge several USB devices at once while driving. This fits perfectly into my 12v lighter socket and will charge my phone, tablet, mp3 player and bluetooth keyboard while driving. Although one output socket is labelled `For Apple' I use it with my Samsung and Nokia phones, Samsung tablet and various brands of other USB devices. The output is a standard 4.2 amps so can be used with any USB device.

Made from plastic with metal contacts, it feels substantial and well made. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's performed perfectly for me.

I also ordered Aukey 3000mAh Portable Charger and have been using this to charge it thus ensuring that my devices are not only charged while traveling but also enable me to have a power source when away from my vehicle.

A good buy to use with any USB device.

AP® 16W Foldable Solar Panel Portable Solar Power Charger Solar Panel Solar Cell Kit External Battery Pack Backup with 5V USB Port Compatible with Iphone, Ipad, Samsung, LG,PDA Mp4 Mp5,GPS Units& All Other USB Compatible Devices
Offered by XD-POWER

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical solar charger for year-round outdoor use - charges two USB devices simultaneously, even in a British November!, 22 Nov 2014
This is a very useful and practical gadget for any outdoorsy person who needs to be able to charge mobile phones, tablets, MP3 player and other USB devices without access to a mains or 12v power supply. It can also be used to charge a battery pack/powerbank to provide a power source round-the-clock which is especially useful for use at night eg for off-grid travel and camping.

It's well-made with 4 solar panel stitched into a sturdy, weatherproof, folding polyester case with a pocket at the top to hold charging cables, and one USB-micro-USB cable in included. Inside this pocket is the 'solar controller' ie two USB sockets with an output of up to 2amps and a lamp which illuminates when it it charging.

It seems to work anywhere and in all weather conditions. I received mine during a wet spell in mid-November in dull, cloudy, gloomy weather and found that even in these conditions it still managed to output a charge to my two phones.

The charger is designed for rugged practicality with a useful hanging loop and carabiner and the top, loops along the side and a further two loops and carabiners at the foot making it easy and practical to hang from a tree, lay across a tent, vehicle or motorhome roof and during our recent stormy weather I hung ours in our Velux windows where it still managed to create a charge. When not in use, the unit folds up into a compact carrier.

Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tool for accurately measuring USB output so will have to take the unscientific stance of simply concluding that it works - in cloud, mist, murk and the November 'sun' (or lack of) before 4pm dusk. If it can work in these conditions then it's going to be even better in bright sunny weather, placed in direct sunlight and should be the only power source needed during the long days of summer sunlight.

I have only awarded it 4-stars for now but this is solely because I would like to see how it also performs in bright sun and haven't yet owned it long enough to do so but if it performs in accordance with my expectations come the better weather, then that 5th star will be forthcoming.

1Byone Panel Antenna/ Amplified Digital Indoor TV Aerial for HDTV/DVB-T receiver, VHF/UHF/FM, Digital Freeview and Analog TV Signals, 28dB
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best - 126 channels instantly found!, 22 Nov 2014
I have used several 1ByOne TV antennas and found this to be one of the best from the range. On plugging it in, it quickly found 126 TV/radio channels and the picture quality was superb with no freezing or pixelation. I'm very impressed with its performance and it looks good too - sleek, modern and with a very small footprint.

Obviously, reception will depend upon signal strength and where the antenna is used: I used ours in a downstairs room in an area of `good reception' according to the online digital signal coverage checker and tuned into our nearest transmitter which is 18km away. In areas of poor reception an external aerial is likely to be needed but used in a good reception area then this is likely to perform well.

A good buy and a bargain for the price.

Whitening Toothpaste Beverly Hills Formula Perfect White Sensitive Toothpaste 2 Pack
Offered by STOCKEXPRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle toothpaste for smooth, shiny, healthy, sensitivity-free teeth and healthy gums, 18 Nov 2014
I've been using this toothpaste for about 5 weeks with very pleasing results.

Not only do I have some sensitive teeth but I've also discovered that I seem to have sensitive gums too as all toothpastes, with the exception of the 'Perfect White' range, cause a tingling/burning sensation which I assumed was evidence that the toothpaste was working - only I've since discovered that it's actually irritation!

This Perfect White toothpaste feels different to all other 'sensitive' pastes I've used. It's pleasant to use with a typical white paste with blue flecks and a refreshing mild minty taste which isn't too strong and feels gentle in use.

The 125ml tube is larger than the typical 75ml tubes I've been using previously and I've found I need only use half as much as other pastes making it economical in use.

Quite apart from having no pain or discomfort while brushing my teeth, a first for a long time, I've noticed my teeth feel much smoother which I can only describe as feeling very clean and almost 'glossy' with a noticeable shine and having tried this and the Perfect White - black toothpaste, have been converted to the range.

I can also add that it is very effective for sensitive teeth and I am now tucking into ice creams and developed a newfound taste for cornettos in this damp and chilly November - something I haven't dared to do for years.

So, for anyone with sensitive teeth, and especially if you also notice burning/irritated gums after using other brands, then try Perfect White. It's backed by a money-back guarantee too so there's absolutely nothing to lose but a lot to gain if you like clean, smooth-feeling teeth and healthy gums.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20