Profile for K. L. Wren > Reviews

Content by K. L. Wren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 45

K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Wye Valley)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
by Amie Clifford

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and comprehensive reference medical text., 17 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the perfect reference manual for nurses, medical students and practitioners or even the medically-inclined lay person to dip into as a clear, concise yet brief reference text for a wide range of obstetric and gynaecological conditions.

The book is divided into two distinct sections for obstetrics and gynaecology and within these are bullet-pointed summary observations eg. symptoms/signs, diagnosis, treatment, complications... Where appropriate these are supplemented by diagnostic flowcharts, diagrams, photos and links to clinical research texts making it a comprehensive summary text also ideal for revision of key points aided by multiple choice clinical presentations with prescribed treatment scenarios at the end of each section.

Via an included unique code, the entire book is also available for download onto an Android, Blackberry, iPhone or iPad device for easy portable reference - hence the 'Medicine on the Move' series title.

The River Singers
The River Singers
by Tom Moorhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming tale, following the lives of water voles, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: The River Singers (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A charming and almost mesmerising tale of a young family of water voles living on the banks of 'The Great River'. The young family leave the warm and cosy safety of their nest and this is where their adventure of life and challenge to survive begins.

Life on the 'Great River' provides both homely comforts and threats and the predators are seldom far away.

The tale is told from the perspective of the voles, building characters for each and using an almost poetic descriptive prose throughout which thoroughly engages the reader, whether an older child or an adult.

Disappointingly my review copy was an uncorrected manuscript so didn't include the sketches I was hoping for. However, having seen samples of those to be included I am tempted to buy the published edition. A most delightful read for an older child or adult.

Simon & Tom Soft Peeling Gel For All Skin Types based on Argan Oil, 50ml
Simon & Tom Soft Peeling Gel For All Skin Types based on Argan Oil, 50ml
Offered by Beauty Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and gentle face-peeling gel for softer, clearer skin - and it REALLY works!, 17 Sep 2014
I’ve never previously used a peeling gel and didn’t know quite what to expect from this but, swayed by the positive reviews, thought I’d give it a try.

All I can say is .... Wow! Just a small dollop of this light, clear gel smoothed across my face has transformed my skin and no, I am not exaggerating. Applied with the fingers onto wet skin, the smooth, very lightly fragranced gel feels like a light liquid soap but within about 20 seconds I noticed my skin was covered in bits of what I can only describe as similar to threads of damp tissue. I assume this was my dead skin and it was rather alarming to see so much. After the advised 2 minutes of gently massaging my skin, I rinsed it off and looked in the mirror not really expecting to see any changes. I was wrong – my skin looked so much clearer, greasy open pores on the sides of my nose had closed and my skin just looked fresh and, I even dare to say, younger!

There’s none of the gritty feeling associated with scrubs or the tingling associated with astringent products so I wasn’t anticipating it to have such an effect. All I can say is this works both effectively and gently. I’ll be buying more once my current tub, which I anticipate to last for about 4 months based on the recommended twice-weekly usage, is depleted. Worth every penny and very highly recommended.

1Byone Wireless HDMI WiFi Dongle iShare Videos Images Docs Live Camera Musics from All Smart Devices to TV, Monitor or Projector
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - converts a TV with HDMI socket into a smart-TV for next to nothing!, 17 Sep 2014
This is a really handy gadget for viewing all content from a mobile phone, laptop, tablet or similar on a large TV screen, effectively turning a non-smart TV into the very latest smart TV at absolutely minimal cost.

Supplied in the box is a single cable with an HDMI plug to one end, the wireless unit to the other and a further USB cable to provide a power supply. Unfortunately, my older TV doesn't have a USB socket so I needed to buy a USB power adapter (ie a plug with a USB socket in costing £5) upon receipt of which I then realised the cable was too short to reach the mains plug so needed a further USB extension cable which caused a 10 day delay before I could actually use it - any potential purchasers, please check in advance that your TV has a USB socket and buy both the plug and extension lead together if not!

Once I had the necessary power supply connected then set up was easy. I downloaded the EZCAST android 4.2 app (other versions are available to suit iPhones and Windows phones) free of charge from Play onto my Samsung Trend phone and then ran the EZcast app to connect the dongle to our router taking about 20 seconds then checked for online updates.

I ordered the dongle for sharing photos and video from my cameraphone with a relative confined to bed in a nursing home and it served the purpose perfectly. No longer was she struggling to see small photos on a 3" screen but could see them larger than life on her 40" screen. Picture quality was superb and there was no stuttering with video - just smooth video streaming. I also used the phone to play YouTube videos and other online content and all worked perfectly, exactly as it should and better than I'd hoped.

I'm really impressed with this dongle. For just £23 an older LED TV has been converted into a rather more magnificent smart-TV with full functionality. A fantastic product I would very highly recommend to anyone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2014 5:56 PM BST

Buy Land in Scotland & Become a Lord or Lady of Glencoe. 2 x adjacent 100 Square Foot plots of land.
Offered by HighlandTitles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for fun and a boost to local conservation but purchasers have no real legal rights, 9 Sep 2014
As a new 'landowner' in one of my favourite areas of Scotland I am very pleased to become a 'Lady of Glencoe'.

In reality, the tiny piece of land 'owned' is worthless - as a souvenir piece of land, it isn't registered with Land Registry and if the entire plot should be sold in the future, purchasers of these plots have no recognised legal rights (and Highland Titles never attempts to mislead or suggest otherwise). Similarly, the title of 'Lord' or 'Lady' is equally meaningless in Law. However, I am very pleased with my purchase - I can boast about my land ownership to friends, use my 'Lady' status on non-legal documents and treat the entire thing as a bit of fun to be taken with a pinch of salt.

More seriously, I am pleased to own just a tiny piece of land and will visit it next year. As far as I understand, the money paid contributes towards the conservation of the Highlands Titles' Nature Reserve and its wildlife and I've enjoyed viewing the site via the webcams.

A purchase I would recommend to anyone for fun and in full understanding that there are no real legal rights attached to the land purchased.

Buy Land in Scotland & Become a Lord or Lady of Glencoe. 100 Square Foot plot of land.
Offered by HighlandTitles

Buy Land in Scotland & Join the Lairds of Glencoe. 2 adjacent 10 Square Foot plots of land.
Offered by HighlandTitles

Buy Land in Scotland & Join the Lairds and Ladies of Glencoe. 2 adjacent 1 Square Foot plots of land. IDEAL FOR COUPLES
Offered by HighlandTitles

Buy Land in Scotland & Become a Lord or Lady of Glencoe. 10 Square Foot plot of land.

Paddington Bear "I'M A VERY RARE SORT OF BEAR" Official Licensed Wooden Print Hand Finished Unique Piece ready for Framing (10x8) in standard picture frame with FREE Matching BOOKMARK
Offered by simplywebstores

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful gift for Paddington Bear fans, 9 Sep 2014
This is a delightful and unusual gift. Paddington Bear has been carefully crafted using three pieces of recycled wood remnants of different colours to create a most charming print mounted onto card ready for framing along with a matching bookmark. The pieces are then hand-laid so each has a personal touch and because they're made from natural wood, no two prints or bookmarks will ever be the same and each is unique.

The print is packed ready for framing using a 10x8" frame and a card cut-out mask is included to enhance the framing.

The matching bookmark is made wholly from recycled wood and features the same Paddington image with his raised hat.

Paddington's quizzical expression is captured perfectly on both and the packaged set is the perfect gift for any fan of Paddington Bear, young or old, or simply young at heart as I am. A lovely gift which is sure to please.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20