Profile for K Wren > Reviews

Content by K Wren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 33

K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border))
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[Smart Design] MAISI MS-LD01 20-Level Touch Controllable LED Desk Lamp (4 Lighting Modes, Up to 20 Lighting Levels, 60 Minute Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Port for Smartphones Charging, Fold-able & Fully Adjustable) - Black
Offered by Direct Digi Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb lamp - an optimum blend of design and performance which will not disappoint, 27 May 2015
Length:: 4:19 Mins

I don't think anyone could fail to be impressed by this very well designed, high quality desk lamp.

It arrived carefully packed in a tough protective box and assembly involved simply screwing the upright arm into the base, then it was ready for use.

On switching it on, the power lamp illuminates in red following which a colour tone is selected via touch-sensitive buttons which operate at the slightest and most gentle touch: sleep (very warm white 3000K for use as a nightlight), relax (a warm white light 4200K), study (a white daylight shade 6200K) or read (a brighter white light 5300K). Up and down arrow touch-sensitive buttons are then used to adjust the light intensity with four levels within each mode making it customisable with 5 light levels within each of the 4 light tones, ie 20 light variations.

Build quality excels. The upright arm rotates within its base and can be tilted up to 40 degrees while the upper parallel light arm can adjust through 140 degrees to ensure the light is directed to exactly where it is needed and the lamp strip itself can be rotated slightly. For storage or when not in use, the lamp arm will fold down against the upright arm. Even the base is well designed - solid and sturdy, non-slip foam-backed to prevent any damage to the surface it stands upon and the top has a slight recess on which pens or other small items can be placed without rolling off.

It generates no heat in use (unlike halogen), does not buzz or flicker like fluorescent can and does not contribute towards headaches or eyestrain even in prolonged use. At its full power it uses only 11 watts and, while in use the 2A USB port on its stem can recharge or power a phone, tablet or other USB device. Without any doubt, this is the perfect lamp for any use - hobbywork, reading, studying, computer work, just relaxing or for use as a warm, dim night-light. An especially useful feature if it is used as a nightlight is the 60 minute timer after which it will switch itself off.

It has exceeded my expectations and I would recommend the lamp with no hesitation.

Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for a fair, honest and unbiased review. The supplier, whom I thank for offering me the opportunity to review this marvellous lamp, did not attempt to influence my opinions of the product or content of my review in any way at all.
Comment Comment | Permalink

IDEAPRO New Arrival Portable Selfie Stick Extendable Foldable All-in-One Bluetooth Self Portrait Monopod with Built-in Remote Shutter for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5s 5c 5 Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Blackberry HTC Sony LG IOS Android (Version 2 black)
Offered by TopSku

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth within the stick - the best design for a selfie-stick and a compact folding camera bracket too, 27 May 2015
Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for a fair, honest and unbiased review. The supplier did not attempt to influence my opinions of the product or content of my review in any way at all.

I like this 'new generation' of selfie stick. It's completely different to the older type because it addresses the issue of pairing camera-phones well. Instead of simply fitting the cameraphone to the stick and using the self-timer as per early selfie-sticks or carrying a separate, fiddly and easily-lost bluetooth pairing contraption, in this case of this stick, bluetooth is integrated into the stick itself making it quick and easy to pair.

To use this selfie stick, first charge it via the micro-USB socket on the base, fit the phone into the expanding, spring-loaded bracket on the end of the stick, press the camera pairing button on the stem, wait for the phone to identify 'Winnersun' , pair with it and then press the camera button on the stick to take a photo. Yes, it really is as easy as this and it works.

I like this stick due to its especially compact size at just 20cm (with the bracket folded over) yet extends to 80cm (excluding bracket) and it is very lightweight to carry at just 118 grams. I very much like the chunky 22.5mm rubber handgrip (many others are just 17mm) which feels more substantial than the thinner ones, gives a very good and comfortable grip in warm humid weather while, in winter, the user isn't going to have achy, frozen hands when using it. I also like the streamlined, folding bracket on this stick - there is no need to carry a separate or bulky bracket as seen on some other selfie sticks - this one is the perfect design and folds over the stick itself, the ultimate in good design.

I've used many selfie sticks (not for just for taking action selfies eg while kayaking or mountaineering, but for photographing difficult to reach areas eg inside bird boxes) and, of them all, this is the most practical due to its built-in bluetooth. It's very good value too. A definite 5-star rating and congratulations to the designer for making such a usable product. I like it very much and would happily recommend without hesitation.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Proster PIR Motion Sensor Wireless Solar Outdoor LED Light Lamp Waterproof Garden Yard Path Night Light Super Bright LED Light - Superbright Security Bright Stainless Steel for Garden Fence Pathway Gutter Security
Offered by ProsterUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and gentle solar-powered overnight garden light, 27 May 2015
Length:: 0:56 Mins

I am a great fan of solar-powered LED garden lights and we now have about 8 in our garden illuminating steps, doorways and outbuildings.

I was delighted to receive one of these Proster pir lamps and was impressed by its brushed stainless steel finish and rather more attractive design than some of the more utilitarian and plastic lamps and, now that I have seen it in use, I am impressed by its performance.

We placed it in our south-facing front garden on the outside of our woodshed where it glows gently from dawn to dusk. It isn't the brightest light but it is most pleasing to look at, an attractive design, was very easy to fit (it hooked onto a screw and lies flush against the shed wall) and it costs nothing at all to run. It charges well, even in dull weather and provides illumination from dusk ie about 11pm through to 4am - and possibly longer but I haven't stayed up all night to watch.

For anyone looking for an all-night lamp to provide illumination on a gate, shed, beside a door or anywhere else in the garden then I would not hesitate to recommend it highly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

4 Colors Gender Selection Outdoor Camping Hiking Ultralight Anti-shock Aluminum Alloy Telescopic Pole/Trekking Poles/Alpenstock/Waliking Stick (Blue, Women(55-110cm))
Offered by ManKnShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, comfortable poles supplied singly - women should check the length before ordering the 'female' version, 27 May 2015
Length:: 1:39 Mins

I regularly use use trekking poles so was delighted to be receive one of these for review in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

I (thankfully) received the 'male' version of the pole which pole extends from 65 to 135cm. At 5'8", this is the perfect length for me and I use it set to 125-128cm. The 'female' version only extends to 110cm so is likely to be too short for many women.

The 3 sections of the pole screw to tighten and then can be twisted to engage the anti-shock mechanism which can be heard via a click. It has a comfortable moulded rubber handle, an adjustable webbing wriststrap (not padded), removable rubber ferrule foot for use on tarmac paths/roads and a basket for use on snow or mud to prevent the pole from sinking into soft surfaces.

I found it very comfortable in use when hiking in the Scottish Highlands. It took my weight with no signs of buckling and at 280g is lightweight to carry. Using poles certainly helps with stability on rough ground and slopes and I find they help reduce pain following a back injury. My only slightly negative observation is that these poles are sold singly yet used in pairs so when ordering - ensure you order a pair and not just a single pole! I would also urge any women ordering to check the length too to ensure that the correct pole is ordered and bear in mind that 110cm is quite short for many European women.

A good pole which I found comfortable, enjoyed using and would happily recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mulbess - All in One Multifunctional Phone Mount, Car Mount, Pole Mount, Bike Mount, Desk Mount, Shelf Mount, Air Vent Mount, Driver Mount, Headrest Mount, Stroller Mount, Desk Mount. - Simple One Mount for Everywhere! [iPhone 6 Plus,Samsung S5 S6 and more]- Color Yellow
Offered by MULBESS

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a firm believer in the old adage that the simple ideas are often the best - and this is one of those examples, 27 May 2015

I'm a firm believer in the old adage that the simple ideas are often the best - and this is one of those examples.

This is such a simple idea - a flexible silicone phone/gadget holder with a smaller, tighter holder on the reverse, ideal for holding a phone or sat-nav on a bike. It grips both the phone and bike handlebars/crossbar perfectly with a firm and tight fit and doesn't slip or fall off in use. The phone/sat-nav etc can be used in either portrait or landscape mode or at any angle inbetween.

There's nothing to criticise. A simple idea perfectly executed and anything less than a 5-star rating would be unjust.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Idealeben Upgrade 4 LED Wireless PIR Solar Powered Lamp Motion Sensor Light (Upgrade Version)
Offered by DerekGruppe

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and effective pir-activated garden light which even charges in dull conditions, 27 May 2015
Length:: 1:41 Mins

We now have 6 of these lamps which I use around the garden and have fitted this one to the top of a timber outbuilding (see pics) to illuminate the entrance. It also doubles as a security light and attracts attention if ever there are any prowlers.

They are most effective solar-powered lamps which emits two levels of light from their powerful 4 LEDS - a dim light in darkness but when approached the pir activates a brighter more powerful light which remains at this brighter level for 30 seconds then returns to the dimmer light again.

The pir can also alert us to unwanted prowlers who become illuminated when stepping into range.

The lamp works perfectly, producing a brighter white light than you might anticipate from 4 tiny LEDS. I found it charges effectively even on dull days in its north-facing spot. It has also proven to be completely weatherproof positioned in an exposed area and recently subjected to sheeting sideways rain. It was simple to fit with just one screw (supplied) and costs nothing at all to run.

I anticipate we will be investing in even more of these lights which provide effective garden lighting and security lighting and would highly recommend them without
Comment Comment | Permalink

TouchAbility Waterproof Pouch Dry Bag (Black) Case For Mobile Phones, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC etc.
Offered by TouchAbility Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It's waterproof - peace of mind for your phone in wet/damp areas, 27 May 2015
Length:: 3:56 Mins

Phone manufacturers always state their phones must not come into contact with water and we all know that even one drop of rain can cause untold damage to internal electronics and write-off any product warranty. But, living in the real world, it's an expensive risk most of us take. We don't stop talking to people just because there's a spot of rain in the air and in real life we need to use our phones in non-ideal situations, ie outdoors, on the beach, walking, traveling and this is where a waterproof case can provide the solution.

This is a practical, waterproof phone case ideal for outdoor use in damp or wet conditions. I received the medium size measuring 13.5x7cm (internally) and tested it with a phone of 12x5x1.8cm which fit in comfortably. I particularly like the top clips on the case which swivel to open - there's no need to roll the top over and over and over... as per early phone cases and these clips can be operated easily with cold, wet hands making it ideal for sportspeople.

The case holds most smartphones and when tested with my Vodaphone and Samsung smartphones, the PVC front enabled all touchscreen functions to work while the camera could take photos through the PVC panels, although photos are not sharply focussed but this is a small sacrifice to make.

In my tests which involved submerging the case in a bucket of water and leaving it for 40 minutes, the case showed no signs of leaking and the clip-top remained secure providing reliability and peace of mind for 'real world' use out in the rain, walking, cycling or even for use while swimming.

It's well-designed, practical and functional and includes webbing neck strap for ease of carrying. It fulfills its promises and is a good buy for any outdoorsy person needing to use their phone in all environments and weather conditions. I will be using it for kayaking next weekend and if I should capsize this case provides complete peace of mind and I will have no worries about damage to my phone.

Also.... while preparing the review, I noted the following tip: for anyone considering buying this case to use with watersports - blow a little air into it so that if it is accidentally dropped it should float instead of sink!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Cootree Winnersun -Extendable Selfie Stick / self shooting monopod with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter for iPhone 6, 6 plus, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, SAMSUNG Note4, Note3, 2, Note Galasy S5, S4, S3, LG, BlackBerry etc. IOS/Most android smartphones, Smart android stick (Black & Black)
Offered by Kumu-UK

Length:: 2:44 Mins

I like this 'new generation' of selfie stick. It's completely different to the older type because it addresses the issue of pairing cameraphones well. Instead of simply fitting the cameraphone to the stick and using the self-timer as per early selfie-sticks or carrying a separate, fiddly and easily-lost bluetooth pairing contraption, in this case of this stick, bluetooth is integrated into the stick itself making it easy to pair.

To use this selfie stick, first charge it via the micro-USB socket on the base, fit the phone into the secure bracket on the end of the stick, press the camera pairing button on the stem, wait for the phone to identify 'Winnersun' , pair with it and then press the camera button on the stick to take a photo. Yes, it really is as easy as this and it works.

The stick is especially compact at just 19cm (with the bracket folded over) extending to 70cm (excluding bracket) and is very lightweight to carry at just 136grams. I very much like the chunky 22.5mm rubber handgrip (many others are just 17mm) which feels substantial and a better quality than the thinner ones, gives a very good and comfortable grip in warm humid weather while, in winter, the user isn't going to have achy, frozen hands when using it. I also like the streamlined, folding bracket on this stick - there is no need to carry a separate or bulky bracket as seen on some other selfie sticks - this one is the perfect design and folds over the stick itself, the ultimate in good design.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Apexel® 3 in 1 Lens Kit Clip-On 180 Degree Supreme Fisheye Lens + 0.67X Wide Angle + 10X Macro Lens for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4; Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Google Nexus 10 7 5 4; HTC One M9 M8 and More Android iPhone Smartphone - Silver
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple idea to get more from your smartphone or tablet camera - wide-angle, close-up and fish-eye, 27 May 2015

I really like this lens pack. It takes me back to my very early photography days of using supplementary lenses and converters with my 35mm cameras!

I always carry a cameraphone, tablet or camera wherever I go but find that cameraphones and tablets generally have only a very basic camera with few options, rarely have a zoom and I have yet to find one with a wide angle camera.

This is remedied with this pack of three lenses - a 10x close-up/macro lens, a 0.67mm wide angle lens (yippee!) and a fish-eye lens ideal for outdoor shots of landscapes, buildings etc.

The pack is supplied with two clips which the lenses slot into and the clip then fits over the phone or tablet ensuring the camera lens and supplementary lens are aligned. It's then ready to use.

I found it worked well with my fixed-focus Vodaphone and auto-focus Samsung phones. The picture quality isn't perfect but you don't expect this from any camera/tablet phone.

The lenses themselves are good quality, they fit securely into the clips and the clips are sufficiently flexible to fit a phone/tablet probably up to about 16mm thick - it had no problem with my 13mm Samsung phone in its silicone case.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iNeibo Kitchen Premium Silicone Tongs - Pack of 2, 9"and 12" - Non-slip & Easy Grip Stainless Steel Handle - Smart Locking Clip - Heat Resistant, Food Grade - Handy Utensil For Cooking, Serving, Barbecue, Buffet, Salad, Ice, Oven (black)
Offered by Keisound-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed, quality tongs with firm silicone to provide a good grip, 27 May 2015

These are good quality tongs made from brushed stainless steel with a firm, rather than flimsy, silicone section at the end which grips food well for both cooking and serving.

During the time I've been using them, they have been washed by hand and in the dishwasher and used for a variety of foods including serving salads, gripping ice cubes (the firm silicone is very good for this and doesn't bend or flex), frying eggs and cooking bacon in my campervan.

Two pairs are provided - I found the smaller pair better for use in my campervan while the larger pair were perfect for serving salads. They fold completely for storing and have a hanging loop - again, perfect in the confines of my tiny campervan.

I am very pleased with the quality and performance and would recommend them as quality tongs for preparing, cooking and serving food. A good buy backed by a 30-day satisfaction or money back guarantee.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20