Profile for K Wren > Reviews

Content by K Wren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 36

K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border))
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[180° Angle Adjustable] OxyLED® E03 Bright Solar LED Light at Night/ Rechargeable Waterproof / Landscape Light/ Spot Light Fixture Lamp For Garden, Pool Pond Patio, Deck, Yard, Garden, Home, Driveway, Stairs, Outside Wall [Auto-on At Night/Auto-off By Day]
Offered by Elecsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright and effective solar-powered garden light, 2 July 2015
We have been using this lamp in our north facing garden for nearly a month and it is fantastic.

Fitting is as simple as pushing the plastic stake into the ground, angling the adjustable solar panel to make the most of the sun, selecting the high or low switch setting and then waitig until dark to see how well it performs.

We have been surprised by just how bright the 4 LEDs are. We have it in a flower tub facing along out 40' garden and, even though it is facing north and in partial shade (optimum position is facing south into the sun), it produces a clean, bright white light which illuminates about 20' length and remains on from dust to dawn. It also charges in cloudy weather and is completely weatherproof.

It's a good, simple, well-designed and well-built lamp providing good performance. An idea purchase for illuminating your way, pathways, steps or simply illuminating a colourful floral display at night. We like it so much we have ordered a second.

Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for a fair, honest and unbiased review. The supplier did not attempt to influence my opinions of the product or content of my review.

HotJack Handheld Mini Air Conditioner Fan USB Portable Cooler
HotJack Handheld Mini Air Conditioner Fan USB Portable Cooler

4.0 out of 5 stars The makings of a good product with a definite cooling breeze up to 50-60cm away, but design could be improved, 2 July 2015
Length:: 6:53 Mins

I suffer quite badly with heat intolerance so ordered this to cope with the July heatwave and especially to help get myself through a crematorium and funeral service when hot temperatures are forecast.

There seem to be mixed reviews with some reviewers claiming the fan works well and provides cooling relief while others suggest it's too weak to make any noticeable difference. So who is right and does it work...?

At 18.5 x 9 x 5.5cm the unit is larger than I was expecting while the plastic build quality matches my lower expectations of a cheap plastic Chinese import. But, functionality is more important than form.

The 'evaporative cooling technology' quoted consists of a cellulose sponge (the type found in floor mops) cut into a 'P' shape with 30ml of cold water poured onto it. Ambient (warm/hot) air is then drawn through the fan, supposedly cooled on the sponge and then cold air blown out by the fan. The sponge arrangement can leak and the fan needs to be stood on folded kitchen roll - but it does actually work and it does produce air cooler than the ambient temperature.

It will operate on either alkaline batteries (more powerful than rechargeables) or via USB. It isn't always practical to connect it to a computer but it will run happily from a rechargeable USB powerbank which provides an economical power source.

The fan speed can be adjusted via the power switch but the description of it being a 'turbocharged turbine fan' is over-exaggerated. It's about as powerful as the cheap hand-held fans with 'helicopter' style rotor blades. However, the air is produces feels colder than these and it is without question more effective than these.

I think the design is better than the product. It is a good concept but needs some improvement and I would suggest a larger, more powerful fan for starters along with probably making it mains-rechargeable and using more powerful batteries such as 18650s. The soggy sponge which leaks also needs some addressing. However, with a few tweaks then I think there is the making of a very good product here.

Placing it 50-60cm away from my face, I can feel it working and producing a cool breeze blowing directly onto my face and have to say that it is very pleasant. The angle of the air flow can be adjusted to blow directly onto the face and it is quiet in use so could be used in a shared office, theatre, church or other public place without annoying others. It isn't powerful enough to cool my body down, nor would I expect it to be, but it definitely makes a difference on my face and is the difference between being able to sit still in a room and being able to breathe rather than have to leave feeling ill, dizzy, faint or woozy.

Although I have some reservations about the design, it is budget product and it works. For anyone who suffers badly in the heat, especially those with the double whammy of hot menopausal flushes, then I would say it will definitely help. Keep expectations realistic though and think of it as an effective face cooler which will also help you breathe in oppressive hot weather.

I would buy it again but I would like to see it redesigned, improved and then I would pay a higher price for it.

Qingsun Mini Snowman-Shaped No-Blade Air-Condition Fans Blue
Qingsun Mini Snowman-Shaped No-Blade Air-Condition Fans Blue
Offered by QING SUN

I suffer quite badly with heat intolerance so ordered this to cope with the July heatwave and especially get help get myself through a crematorium and funeral service when hot temperatures are forecast.

Qingsun Mini Snowman-Shaped No-Blade Air-Condition Fans Grey
Qingsun Mini Snowman-Shaped No-Blade Air-Condition Fans Grey
Offered by QING SUN

Comment Comment | Permalink

Mini Super Hand-held Mute USB/Battery Cooling Fan for Outdoor Sports (Blue)
Mini Super Hand-held Mute USB/Battery Cooling Fan for Outdoor Sports (Blue)
Offered by Addtocart

Length:: 6:53 Mins

Pixnor Portable Hand Held USB Mini Air Conditioner Cooler Fan
Pixnor Portable Hand Held USB Mini Air Conditioner Cooler Fan
Offered by Yesken

Comment Comment | Permalink

Pixnor 4 * AA Batteries /USB Powered Cute Snowman No Leaf Mini Handheld Air-conditioning Fan Cooling Fan Cooler (Pink)
Offered by Buydealpe

Comment Comment | Permalink

A-szcxtop Mini Air-Conditioning Fan portable cooler(Pink)
A-szcxtop Mini Air-Conditioning Fan portable cooler(Pink)

Foxnovo 4 * AA Batteries /USB Powered Cute Snowman No Leaf Mini Handheld Air-conditioning Fan Cooling Fan Cooler (Blue)
Offered by NO MORE EXCESS