Profile for K. L. Wren > Reviews

Content by K. L. Wren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 47

K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Herefordshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus white
Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus white
Offered by Handset Solutions Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone but let down by poor camera, 19 July 2014
This is a good phone which works well for making and receiving calls, internet browsing is good, the display is excellent, speaker sound quality superb and general build is good. It feels sleek to hold but in warm weather can feel slippery which is easily overcome by slipping it into a gel case such as:SOFT GEL PHONE CASE

The only disappointment for me is the camera. I've used many samsung cameras, Samsung camera-phones and Samsung tablet cameras (including the Galaxy Tab 3 8" which has the best tablet camera I've used) over the years and all have been superb, greatly exceeding expectations. Sadly this doesn't apply to this camera where photos tend to appear muddy and although the video records audio very clearly, the colour balance is poor and can change even within a single shot.

If you're looking for a reliable and affordable touchscreen smartphone which performs well then don't hesitate but, if you regularly use the camera for anything other than quick snapshots or quality is important then look for an alternative because this is the phone's weak spot.

Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus black
Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus black
Offered by Handset Solutions Ltd

Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Samsung S7580 Galaxy Trend Plus UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by AP-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone but let down by poor camera, 19 July 2014

NEW SOFT GEL PHONE CASE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TREND PLUS GT S7580 S7582 S7560 S7562
Offered by Pixfab

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case with side-grip panels making phone easier to hold, 18 July 2014
This is a good quality, thick gel case for the Samsung Trend Plus phone which it slips into snugly.

All functions are accessible and there are correctly positioned cut-outs for the headphone and charger sockets. It will help provide some protection for the phone if accidentally dropped although, thanks to the grip panels on the sides, it should be a lot harder to drop the phone with its cover on. Without it, the wholly-plastic phone is quite slippery and the cover makes it a lot easier to hold.

A good buy and I will probably buy a spare. Excellent service from the seller too.

Loctek® Ultrasonic Tape Measure Hand Held Laser Distance Meter Laser Pointer 18 Meters (Battery Not Included)
Offered by SuperDeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, accurate room measuring - perfect for house-hunting!, 16 July 2014
We're house-hunting which involves measuring rooms and outbuildings. For solo viewings it can be a fiddle to measure with a steel rule or keep unwinding tape measures and that's where this gem comes into its own.

I read the mixed reviews with some apprehension but ordered one anyway and have achieved highly accurate results with it. It couldn't be easier to use - simply, hold it against one wall, aim it to the distant wall and press 'measure'. I've set mine to default to metric but pressing the 'feet/meter' (sic) button converts to imperial. Because accuracy is important, I first measured the rooms at home and checked them with a tape. They matched to within a few millimetres and I put my trust in the laser measurer rather than my measuring with outstretched arms and holding the tape with my thumb. Memory functions can be used to calculate area and volume and the measure also gives temperature readings, although I'm not sure why a thermometer is needed and this isn't stated on the box!

With its plastic construction, I'm not convinced it would withstand a hard drop but I don't plan to do this and am very happy with my bargain purchase. It is also sold under different brand names such as 'Brainydeal' or a plain generic, but it's the same product.

Generic Waterproof Digital LCD Ultrasonic Sonic Distance Measuring Tape Measure Meter Area & Volume Calculator Laser Pointer
Offered by ebuyerdeal-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, accurate measuring device - perfect for house-hunters!, 16 July 2014

With its plastic construction, I'm not convinced it would withstand a hard drop but I don't plan to do this and am very happy with my bargain purchase. It is also sold under different brand names such as 'Brainydeal', 'Digiflex' etc or this unbranded plain generic, but it's the same product.

I would query the 'waterproof' description because there's no reference to this on the packaging of the one I received and I wouldn't use it in wet conditions.

DIGIFLEX Ultrasonic Tape Measure Distance Meter and Laser Pointer
DIGIFLEX Ultrasonic Tape Measure Distance Meter and Laser Pointer
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, accurate measuring device - perfect when house-hunting!, 16 July 2014

BrainyDeal Ultrasonic Distance Meter Measurer Distance Estimator Distance Measuring Device Tool w/ Laser Pointer
Offered by meiegouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy measuring - and it's accurate!, 16 July 2014

I read the mixed reviews with some apprehension but ordered one anyway and have achieved highly accurate results with it. It couldn't be easier to use - simply, hold it against one wall, aim it to the distant wall and press 'measure'. I've set mine to default to metric but pressing the 'feet/meter' (sic) button converts to imperial. Because accuracy is important, I first measured the rooms at home and checked them with a tape at distances of up to 7m. They matched to within a few millimetres and I put my trust in the laser measurer rather than my measuring with outstretched arms and holding the tape with my thumb. Memory functions can be used to calculate area and volume and the measure also gives temperature readings, although I'm not sure why a thermometer is needed and this isn't stated on the box!

Generic LCD Ultrasonic Tape Measure Distance Meter and Laser Pointer Volume Range Finder
Offered by Tiny Paradise UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy measuring - and it's accurate!, 16 July 2014

Panacur Worming Liquid for Cat & Dog 10%
Panacur Worming Liquid for Cat & Dog 10%
Offered by Vetscriptions Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Also for rabbits - not just dogs and cats!, 9 July 2014
I use this preparation of Panacur in my rabbits.

If you have multiple rabbits or large breeds such as Giants or French Lops, as I do, then the 'rabbit' version using a graduated syringe become an expensive preparation. Instead, this is perfect - it's the same drug in a more economical packaging which can be administered at the 'rabbit dose' of 0.2ml/kg body weight using a simple syringe such as: Terumo Terumo Syringe 1ml. My rabbits tolerate it well and I highly recommend it for rabbits, especially those already diagnosed as carrying or showing symptoms of active E. Cuniculi.

The current listed price of £243 is ridiculous though - shop around and you'll find it for about £30 or less!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20