ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)

Profile for Brass J > Reviews

Content by Brass J

Brass J (Chester, England)

BLACK Genuine Replacement Digitizer Touch Screen Front Glass with Home Button Assembly + Tools & Adhesive For Apple New iPad 4 4th (with Retina Display) 3G/WIFI Version -BY Sky_Trading
Offered by VOX Connections
Price: 19.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement screen, 30 Aug 2013
After some thorough research I decided to attempt the repair of my wife's iPad, choosing this screen as a replacement after a fair bit of searching. Delivery was quick and although the back of the screen was slightly different to the original it was easy to fit and worked perfectly from the go. The tools included were ok but I bought a 15 piece set too which proved very handy to prise the old screen away from the surround. I was really pleased to get the job done for a fraction of the cost of an Apple replacement although you've got to take things carefully and slowly.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and easy read., 20 Jan 2013
I bought this ebook for my new kindle, indeed it was the first ebook i purchased for the costly sum of 20p. I've been watching a fair bit of Scandanavian TV over the past few years and thought I'd try a book from those shores and it's been a fun read, very light and easy but funny and enjoyable. I'm not half way through yet so I can't comment on the whole book but for 20p you can't complain!

Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust
Price: 13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars TV at it's best., 15 Jun 2011
I've always loved foreign cinema but have only recently discovered foreign TV series after the Danish masterpiece The Killing. The third series of Spiral had not long finished on the telly and after feeling withdrawl symptoms I ordered this two series set from Amazon. Put simply I was hooked from the first scene to the last - brilliant script, great characters, an intensive plot and incredible sense of realism make both of these series a must see, especially the second, it's mind blowing!

Caravanserai
Caravanserai
Price: 4.51

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of all time, 16 Nov 2004
This review is from: Caravanserai (Audio CD)
I bought this album from a record fare when I was 15 or so after I'd read about Carlos Santana through various guitar magazines and thought I'd give it a listen. I remember thinking at the time of my first hearing that it wasn't what I expected and that it would probably end up at the back of my collection, forgotten and ignored. However, for the simple reason that I couldn't be bothered to bend over and put another record in its place it remained on my stereo and inevitably got played more and more until it gradually grew on me, and grew on me.
So much so that Caravanserai has become my most favourite and loved record, and Santana my favourite artist/guitarist of them all.
This masterpiece takes you on an hypnotic and trancendal journey from beginning to end, and the feeling of soul and passion transmitted throughout is so evident, particularly in Carlos' solo on 'Song Of The Wind', and my favourite 'All the Love Of The Universe' - inspirational.
18 Years on and I've become a great fan of the man. If you've not heard any Santana before and want to hear a true underhyped legend at work then don't even think about it, buy Caravanserai and begin your journey.....