Profile for Pworsley > Reviews

Content by Pworsley

Pworsley

Page: 1 | 2
Easy Grip Locking Helping Handle - Bathroom Mobility Disability Aid - Uses 2 Strong Suction Cups (Packs of 2)
Offered by Rose Evans440

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for bathrooms., 16 Jan. 2015
Actually bought this for my elderley mother to use on her freezer door, and it works very well! A good grip and a large handle for her to get hold of.

The Woman Who Stole My Life
The Woman Who Stole My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Marian Keyes - can't wait for your next one!, 16 Jan. 2015
Wonderful book, well up to Ms Keyes standards! I love the way she writes, it flows so well you don't want to stop reading. Brilliant characters you can get involved with (although the son, Geoffrey was a little weird), and great storyline. Recommend to anyone who loves Irish chick-lit type writers.

To the commenters who say the title is a bit of a misnomer, it is actually two women who steal a life - the husband mentions quite early on that Stella has stolen his life, and then of course Gilda later on who steals Stella's. Hope I'm not giving too much away there!

Byron Sentry BY301 100m Extra Loud Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with Optional Strobe Alert and 8 Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 2 Oct. 2014
Bought this for my hard-of-hearing mum, she can hear it! Has to be on the loudest setting though.... She had a plug-in one before, and this one is much easier to carry around the house and even into the garden. Would recommend for anyone with hearing difficulties, although it's a good job you can turn off the visual option, it's a bit like a laser it's so bright!

The House We Grew Up In
The House We Grew Up In

5.0 out of 5 stars Her books get better and better - this is a wonderful saga of ..., 21 July 2014
Another Lisa Jewell 'jewel'! Her books get better and better - this is a wonderful saga of a dysfunctional family who are all interesting characters, and tells how we are all affected by the generations that come before us. A must read!

Fractured
Fractured

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Very good story for a first time author, a little bit 'wordy' in places but an interesting premise. Well worth the 59p I paid.

The Flavours of Love
The Flavours of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Koomson does it again, 18 Feb. 2014
Another fantastic read by D. Koomson, how does she keep churning these bestsellers out?! She has to be one of my favourite ever writers, read all hers and waiting for the next as of now!

Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the can, 18 Feb. 2014
To quote the ad - does what it says on the can, works fine - no problems with it at all

The Hunger Games Complete Trilogy
The Hunger Games Complete Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 28 Nov. 2013
Although the trilogy is aimed at teens, I am well over that age and am reading them for the second time. The books are even better the second time round, as I'm picking up on little things I missed the first time. Most people know the story so I won't give a synopsis of the books, but give them a try!

The Universe Versus Alex Woods
The Universe Versus Alex Woods
by Gavin Extence

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book., 9 Jun. 2013
I actually bought this book for my 19 yr old son's birthday present, but decided to read it myself first (he didn't mind).

Alex Woods is a wonderful character, at times he seems rather complicated but at others quite a simple soul in the way he looks at things. His relationships with his mother, friend and the old man he comes across after escaping from the inevitable school bullies an exceptional child attracts, are all different and well explored in the book. Without spoiling the story for anyone, he resolves the final problem without thinking how others will see it, in an individual way!

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in book characters and how they tick, whether they be young or old.

I Want To Be Doris Day
I Want To Be Doris Day

2.0 out of 5 stars Thank god it was free, 25 May 2013
These other reviews must have been written by friends of the author as this book is dire. It's written very poorly, and the grammar is appalling with mistakes littering the first few chapters. I say this as I couldn't get past the first few chapters, it was so bad.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2013 12:07 AM BST