Profile for Akroama > Reviews

Content by Akroama

Akroama "Neal" (Great Britain)

Nokia Lumia 520 ~ Touch Screen Digitizer ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Nokia Lumia 520 ~ Touch Screen Digitizer ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Offered by verydeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 25 Nov. 2014
This little kit enabled me to replace my daughter's Nokia 520 phone screen. The supplied tools were not perfect but enabled me to do the job. No written instructions for replacing the screen were provided however a slip of paper in with the kit listed a link to a video tutorial on YouTube which was a good overview of the process. As a result the broken screen was replaced in less than an hour and the phone restored to full working condition.

There are some reviews for this kit listed here which indicate that the new digitizer screen provided in the kit was inaccurate and led to problems with typing accuracy - this was not the case with the kit I received and I would say that the phone now works fine after replacing the screen with this kit.

Karsh: Beyond the Camera
Karsh: Beyond the Camera
by David Travis

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely introduction to the work of a master, 17 Jan. 2013
I am very pleased with this book - it is a super introduction to Mr Karsh's work and has very reasonable re-production for the price. The text is also very rewarding reading, hearing nuggets of information about the sitters and the sessions.

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice piece of kit from Microsoft, 26 Oct. 2012
I love this little keyboard. It is well made and small enough to be taken anywhere, but not so small that it is hard to type at decent speeds. It is a little heavier than I would like however it feels sturdy and certainly stays put when typing. The cover for the keyboard is very functional and morphs into a nice stand for the tablet. The assembly feels nice (both from a tactile response point of view when typing) and from an overall design standpoint.

I use it with a Samsung Windows 8 tablet to turn it into from a very portable hand held device into a very usable desktop station for work.

Lenovo IdeaPad S205 11.6 inch Netbook - Black (AMD E450, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 11 Mar. 2012
This laptop bridges the gap between a Netbook and a fully fledged Laptop. It is small, lightweight, capable and stable in use. The keyboard is more than adequate and the screen has better resolution than the typical Netbook at approximately 1300 by 750 pixels. I've had mine for several months now and I am amazed how useful it is proving to be, performing 80% of work that I used to use a larger more powerful laptop for, but in a form factor that is nearly half the size and weight. Don't expect this unit to be much use for running virtual machines, video editing or complex gaming or any other heavy lifting computer activity. Expect however to be surprised at what it is capable of; this is a very well priced, portable and useful companion for all the day-to-day stuff that most of us use a laptop for. Highly recommended especially at the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 8:43 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver, 20 Aug. 2009
I have been using two of these little gems for over 18 months now and I really like them. I find them very helpful when having to access more than one system and a KVM switch is not possible especially when you have limited desktop space; they really help to keep the desktop as clutter free as possible. I am not working with figures so I do not miss the separate numerical keys found on full size keyboards. I find them to be a good match for use with a Wacom tablet also. The model with the built in USB ports enables you to connect a mouse directly in to the keyboard in a similar way to Mac keyboards etc which also helps to reduce desktop cables. I tried several (cheap and expensive) small keyboards and found this model to be the best one for me!