Profile for Daniel Williams > Reviews

Content by Daniel Williams

Daniel Williams

Miadomodo Office Swivel Chair Ergonomic Height Adjustable Office Furniture (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to assemble, inaccurate product information. But still a nice chair overall., 25 Jan. 2016
It's a nice chair once it's all put together. Feels reasonably sturdy, although when I sit back on it, it leans back on one side and rotates the arm with it. This is minor though, and the chair is comfortable.

I've deducted one star for how frustrating it was to put together, and another for the misleading product images. On the store page for the black version of the chair, it had pictures of a black chair with blue mesh. It also says 'black & blue' in the title, and this is what I thought I was getting. When the chair came, the entire thing was black, including the mesh. This is not the end of the world, as it's still an attractive chair, but I would have preferred the black & blue.

Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with Detachable Noise-cancelling Microphone (PC / MAC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, 1 Dec. 2013
This is actually my second one of these, but that is certainly not the fault of the headset. Every headset I've ever had, I find that if you leave the headset cable slack, it twists up on itself and weakens the cable. In my constant attempts to untwist it, I ended up breaking the connection in the cable. This was after about 6 months. I've had this happen on plenty of other headsets that I liked a lot less than this one, so I don't blame them.

It is a very high quality headset with great sound quality, and surprisingly crystal clear mic. quality. Used for heavy gaming many many many hours a day, is very comfortable and is excellent value.

The Elder Scrolls Anthology (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls Anthology (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful box set, minor design flaw, 1 Dec. 2013
This is a beautiful box set, the box is lovely and the book that contains the discs is very nice. It includes Arena and Daggerfall with Emulation software as part of the installation, to avoid any difficulties getting it working on new systems, and much to my pleasure, a Steam Key that adds Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim Legendary to your account. It also contains all of the games DRM free (except for Skyrim), which if you're in to that, is great. I really wouldn't call Steam DRM in that sense, but to each their own.

It also includes maps of all five games, and for the price they're charging, is terrific value.

My only MINOR issue with it is this; the way they have designed the packaging means that the discs are sort of crammed into these very tight cardboard sleeves. Now, I found that every single disc had these surface scuffs, presumably where they had been pushed in. The scuffs weren't deep scratches, and all of the discs appear to work perfectly, it is just a minor cosmetic issue.

HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Dealco

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've ever had., 1 Dec. 2013
It's certainly a phenomenal phone. I've always preferred Android to the alternatives, as I like my platforms to be as open as possible. The problem was, Android was fairly laggy for it's first couple of years, so it had its own set of disadvantages.

I think it's fair to say that this is no longer the case. Android is definitely the way to go. The most open platform, well supported, tons of apps, and now so smooth and fluid that I didn't quite believe it at first.

But this phone in particular, wow. The build quality is tremendous, the phone is beautifully designed. I would strongly recommend getting a case for it to prevent damage (which is a shame, because the phone is so beautiful without it) and a screen protector. Regardless, I would recommend this phone to anyone.

The audio quality is brilliant, very loud speakers, the boomsound definitely isn't a gimmick.

The camera quality is very good, particularly in low light.

Anyway, 5 stars. Will definitely continue to buy HTC in the future.