Profile for P. Wilson > Reviews

Content by P. Wilson

P. Wilson (Northampton UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Island Escape
The Island Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape. but captivating, 26 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Island Escape (Kindle Edition)
This book held my imagination from beginning to end. So well written by, to me an unknown author. But I can't wait to read other books penned by her. Very descriptive of the world we live in today, but very close to home. Every detail and situation well searched, wonderful story , and so heart warming. Full of good humour, but also just enough sadness to bring on the tears. To anyone considering this excellent book, just go for it, I tell you now, you won't know when to put it down.

One Day In June
One Day In June

5.0 out of 5 stars This was their finest hour, 22 Oct. 2015
This review is from: One Day In June (Kindle Edition)
A truly excellent read , portraying what it was like to live in London and occupied ,France during. WW2 I am sure this work of fiction is more than fifty percent fact. I myself have visited a "ghost village" in France which matches the description in the book. The final ending had me in tears, the writing so moving and I urge any 'reader. DON,T go looking into it until you get there starting from the beginning. Well researched and well written Colin Beazley. This book must touch the hearts of any Londoners living through the dark days of your city's finest hour.

Small Wars
Small Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyprus revisited., 14 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Small Wars (Kindle Edition)
When I first spotted this book on Kindle, and noted it's setting, I just had to read it. I served my National Service in the RASC at Episkopi in Cyprus, just prior to the country getting its independence. This book and its description of the area, took me right back to that time. Happy Valley, the beach, the tunnel all became real to me again. Excellent research and an excellent story of this era conjured up so memories. Well done Sadie, through you I have relived days long ago. Thank you so much.

Of Windmills and War
Of Windmills and War

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the Dutch just love us, 24 Aug. 2015
As a frequent traveller to Holland, this book gives me the answers as to why the Dutch people are extremely polite and courteous to us Brits. It's a terrific tale, and so well written. The research is to a high degree. I am convinced there must be 100% truth and fact in this "novel" I remember the war as a young boy, and this book as opened up a lot more of the reality of a part of it we never knew. Thank you Diane Moody, you are a wonderful writer, and yes I had tears at the end,

The Shepherdess of Siena: A Novel of Renaissance Tuscany
The Shepherdess of Siena: A Novel of Renaissance Tuscany

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuscany revisited, 24 Jun. 2015
Another classic from Linda Lafferty. Having visited Sienna and its famous squares, this book just brought it all back to me, and of coarse the importance of its classic horse race. Her writing is suburb and the research is absolutely spot on. I was there, I observed everything, I felt the emotions, the tensions , the love of horses and the rivalry of different families. It is no different today. I so got evolved reading The Drowning Guard, but this book held me more, I just could not leave it alone. Do we desire a sequel to further the history of our little shepherdess, our villain of the piece, and even those confined in the convent. I think not, let us just use our own imagination, and give them happiness. Thank you Linda for a wonderful book, a book anyone in love with Tuscany should read. Peter Wilson.

Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends [Special Edition]
Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends [Special Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain buy, 14 April 2015
Excellent CD. Received very quickly and in very good condition, as stated. Very pleased with my purchase and service provided.

The Lie
The Lie

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and so real., 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Lie (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant piece of fiction, bringing out the horrors of WW1. Dan, you are so innocent, but you could not escape the results of having to serve your country, and you closest friends at this most dreadful time in our history. This story is so real and contains the hidden truths and results of having to serve King and country long after the final shots were fired

The Poppy Factory
The Poppy Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story well written, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Poppy Factory (Kindle Edition)
This is an excellant book, portraying the problems of service personal after being on active service. A great story well written, and I look forward to further publications by the author Liz Trenow. Well done Liz.

The Postcard
The Postcard

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable story -- from a postcard, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Postcard (Kindle Edition)
this is a wonderful book, full of excitement and mystery. It covers many years and continents , the horrors of war,and yet it's held together by love. Thank you Leah Fleming for a gripping. story, of people searching for love and a future. It certainly pulls the heart strings.

Aphrodite's Island
Aphrodite's Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Island memories, 22 Aug. 2014
This story was so real to me, you see I too served national service on the wonderful island of Cyprus. I was fortunate to be there when independence was brought in, peaceful times, but this very descriptive book brought back so many memories of the island and its people. Thank you Hilary for your knowledge and such detail of the northern area and the love shown in all the books characters. Excellent read for an ex NS. man.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3