Profile for Td Gillett > Reviews

Content by Td Gillett

Td Gillett "bridgecottage" (ireland)

The Price Of Love
The Price Of Love

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 20 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Price Of Love (Audio CD)
I didn't realise that this Everly Brothers CD was a live recording when I bought it, the promotion failed to mention it. Now that I have the CD and have read the cover notes (it's in small writing) that it's from a recording made in the Royal Albert Hall in 1983. I then looked back to the promotion, the rear cover photo information is virtually unreadable on my monitor (I now know what it says). Actually I only wanted "Gone, Gone, Gone", the original. Live shows are not always as good as the originals - it's all about how we remember them, not later variations.
Caveat Emptor!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 7:44 AM GMT

For Crying Out Loud: The World According to Clarkson Volume 3: v. 3
For Crying Out Loud: The World According to Clarkson Volume 3: v. 3
by Jeremy Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars clarkson at his best, 18 Jun. 2009
This is Clarkson at his best. He takes irreverence to it's limits. If you look-up 'irreverent' in the Thesaurus, then he all of the entries and I loved it. Clarkson has a great view of the world, none of this modern pussy-footing around, he just says what he means. I'm waiting for 'For Crying Out Loud' Volume 4.

Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
by Jeremy Clarkson

3.0 out of 5 stars more cars!, 8 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Don't Stop Me Now (Paperback)
I am a great fan of Jeremy Clarkson especially his articles on the vaguaries of life in his collections from his Times column. However, I bought this book without careful thought as it is more about his thoughts on different cars than his general observations on life. I'm not really that interested in which is the coolest and hottest car, as long as it gets me from A to B fairly cheaply. So, it's a great book if you like talking about cars, not so good otherwise.