Profile for Mindie > Reviews

Content by Mindie

Mindie "Mindie" (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FRUIT OF THE LOOM LADY FIT PIQUE POLO SHIRT - (S-XXL) 9 COLOURS (MEDIUM - 34" - SIZE 12, BLACK)
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read the feedback, 12 May 2014
I am glad that I read the feedback on these shirts and purchased a larger size than I would normally as they do come up small. I would usually wear an 8 to 10 so ordered the size larger and although it is a little big on me I think that the smaller size would have been too small.
They wash up well and are very comfortable. I wear them for work all the time and will be ordering more.

Plamil Organic and Fairtrade Baking Chocolate 1 Kg
Plamil Organic and Fairtrade Baking Chocolate 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dairy free chocolate, 6 May 2014
I use these chocolate chips for cookies and for melting into cakes and cake fillings. They are reliably dairy free and of good quality and when bought in this quantity are cost effective compared to other dairy free chocolate. The ones I receive have a much better quality, self seal bag than the one shown in the picture.

A Summer Of Discontent: 8 (Matthew Bartholomew)
A Summer Of Discontent: 8 (Matthew Bartholomew)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 6 May 2014
I am working my way through Susanna Gregory's Matthew Bartholomew series and have enjoyed all so far. They are historically accurate as well as having an enjoyable plot making an all round good read.

Liberon Finishing Oil 500ml
Liberon Finishing Oil 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Did a lovely job, 9 Mar. 2014
After trying an oil from the local DIY that just didn't work, I looked around for a better one and this got some pretty good reviews so I gave it a try. I gave our oak worktops three coats of this and they not only look beautiful but stand up to all we can throw at them, not an easy task in our house.
The bottle did three coats on just over 7 meters of worktop and I still have enough left to re-coat them later in the year. Good value for money. Delivery was super quick as well.

What On Earth Organic Coconut Milk 400 Ml (Pack of 6)
What On Earth Organic Coconut Milk 400 Ml (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only brand I like, 9 Mar. 2014
This is the only coconut milk that I find consistently good. It has a lot of 'cream' and not too much water which mix to a lovely creamy consistency. I use this in everything (I am dairy intolerant) from putting into a cup of tea to making a wonderful creamy custard. In my opinion this is the best coconut milk available, and I've tried a few!

Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking
Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking

3.0 out of 5 stars Special Occasions, 8 Feb. 2014
With four people in our house, all gluten free, I do a great deal of baking. This is a nice book but the ingredients are quite expensive so only would use it for special occasion baking, not every day gluten free cakes etc.

Antony Worrall Thompsons Organic Chicken Stock Cube 66 g (Pack of 15)
Antony Worrall Thompsons Organic Chicken Stock Cube 66 g (Pack of 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yeast free stock cubes, 24 Nov. 2013
These are the best yeast free, organic stock cubes available. I used to get these at my local supermarket but as they don't stock them any more was relieved to find them here. I use them for everything from gravies to soups and stews.

The Art of Seamless Knitting
The Art of Seamless Knitting
by Simona Mechant-Dest

5.0 out of 5 stars Great technical book, 24 Nov. 2013
This is a great book if you want to look into the technical aspects of seamless knitting. The patterns are very well thought out and, personally I like the designs. If you just want a few patterns to knit then perhaps this is not the book for you but if you are the type of knitter that is interested in good designs and want to understand how these designs are put together then I highly rate this book.

Epsom Salt 2 Kg
Epsom Salt 2 Kg
Offered by Westlab Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Epsom Salt 2 Kg
I use Epsom salts in the bath two or three times a week as a detox. These are very good value especially as it is a heavy item and these come under the free delivery.

Northern Knits: Designs Inspired by the Knitting Traditions of Scandinavia Iceland and the Shetland Isles
by Lucinda Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 19 May 2010
I brought this book because I love knitting with fine wool on small needles. The average needle size for most of the designs is 3 mm although a couple of jumpers are knitted in heavier wool. Lucinda Guy has done a great job using the natural wool from each of the countries that inspired her designs, Iceland, Shetland, Norway and Sweden; all too often now these beautiful yarns are overlooked. Although there are some designs I probably will not knit, there are more that I will and there is only one that I don't actually like. Be prepared though, if you want to use the original yarns you will have to shop around on the net, they are not hard to get hold of but you probably won't find them in your local shop.

Page: 1 | 2