ARRAY(0xba673cd8)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Big Ears" (CHELMSFORD, ESSEX United Kingdom)

The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing is sacred, 13 April 2014
A brilliant exposure of a false idol. Mother Theresa is a by word for all that is selfless and good but the reality is very different. This book teaches us that received wisdom is not wisdom, in other words "take no ones word for it"

Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Blue
Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Blue
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size keeps food hot, 9 Oct 2013
All in the title really. Received this yesterday and today tried it out for the first time. Followed the instruction and warmed the flask up for 10 mins with hot water, then filled with 400g of hot chunky soup at 8:30 this morning. Opened the flask at 1pm and the soup was just as hot as when I poured it into the flask 4.5 hours earlier. I ate the soup direct from the flask with the folding spoon supplied and had to blow on every spoonful. Because it has a good wide neck it was easy to rinse out afterwards. Tomorrow I will be having Macaroni Cheese, num num num.

Black Tea & Coffee Stoneware Mug with Contrasting Inner - Drinking Kitchen Cup (Black / Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars looks and feels great, 12 July 2013
Brilliant big mug with a gorgeous rounded shape that feels really nice cupped in your hands. I drink my coffee from it every morning.

Ployer Momo8 IPS Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN; BLUETOOTH; WIFI; ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE - 2 X CORTEX A9; QUAD GPU - IPS 1024 x 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin 8.9mm design with Metal Rear - HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - 1.3MP Front Facing Camera - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, 14 Jan 2013
I have had my MOMO8 IPS since Christmas. I bought it from GTR so it arrived with no annoying Chinese Apps and I believe already rooted. I have had no problems with WIFI anywhere in my two up two down semi. This tablet is brilliant, fast, responsive and the display is superb. The Battery lasts about 4 hours between charges, but I have been using it while it's on charge and had no problems doing that.

My mother received an Android tablet for Christmas - A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM- and compared to the MOMO it is terrible so you need to be careful when buying these budget tablets. Anywho back to the MOMO, I heartily recommend this product and the seller GTR.

Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Frozen Hearts
Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Frozen Hearts
by Emma Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy with a plate of corn crumbles, 23 Dec 2010
Read this with my nine year old daughter, She did the voices of the characters I did the bits inbetween (her Barbu D'Anvers is excellent). I downloaded this onto my Kindle complete with illustrations as I want my daughter to try reading someone other that Jacqueline Wilson. The characters are wonderful and the narrative moves along briskly. What I particularly liked was that Emma didn't compromise with the use of vocabulary and although this meant defining some of the longer and less familiar words to my daughter this is how you build up your own vocabulary after all. I have now downloaded the 2nd book Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Putrid Poisonand am looking forward to reading it with my determined little girl. I hope Barbu D'Anvers is in it.

Lullaby
Lullaby
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lullaby kept me awake, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Lullaby (Kindle Edition)
This was such a convincing story that I kept thinking about it days after I finished reading it. Brilliant writing Claire

Carl Sagan's Cosmos [DVD] [1980]
Carl Sagan's Cosmos [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Carl Sagan
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost somewhere in the Cosmos, 15 Dec 2009
There are 400 billion stars in our Galaxy and presumably at least one DVD copy of Cosmos. While these stars are light years away and for ever beyond our grasp at least I can see the ancient glow of these distant suns. I can be sure that when the light from those mighty stars started out on their seperate epic journeys to my eyeball that those stars did definately exist. I cannot say the same for my DVD whose journey from Milton Keynes to my front door left no trace. I must take it on faith that the DVD did in fact exist at some point for there has never been any physical evidence to prove it.

What I'm trying to say is I would love to review this product but I have never received it.

I give the DVD itself 5 stars as I have seen the programme when it was shown of TV and it was brilliant. Carl Sagan was an inspirational educator and promoter of science. I would love to watch this show again and maybe oneday when Amazon deign to deliver the DVD I ordered I will.

Clarice Bean: Clarice Bean Spells Trouble
Clarice Bean: Clarice Bean Spells Trouble
by Lauren Child
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent, interesting and impressive, 20 Mar 2007
I have just finished reading this to my daughter and I'm not sure which of us enjoyed it most. It is great fun to read out loud as the voices come off the page very clearly as the characters are extremely well drawn.

I was especially impressed by the authors ability to get inside the head of a primary age child. Clarice Bean is a very real child who is doing her best to figure out the sometimes complicated world she lives in. There are none of the black and white moral certainties that so many children's books are filled with i.e "Lying is always wrong", "Parents are always right".

The book ends with Clarice making a brave decision to do what SHE thinks is the right thing to do even though her parents and teachers would probably have disagreed with her decision.

This book made my six year old ask lots of good questions and more importantly think hard about some rather important things.

The bottom line however is that Clarice Bean is a great read, funny and thought provoking buy it and enjoy.

BestSeller Junior: Barbie Beauty Boutique
BestSeller Junior: Barbie Beauty Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Made Up, 26 Jan 2006
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter's birthday, that night I had to fight to get her to go to bed as she wanted to keep playing. The following morning the 1st thing she asked to do was go back on the computer to play more Barbie. This is an addictive and enthralling game for little girls. It has a nice intuitive interface and took her 5 minutes to work out how to play with it. I am a 40 year old man and I find it fun. The best childrens software I've ever bought.