Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

John

5-in-1 Camera Connection Kit USB/SDHC/TF Card Reader for use with Apple iPad Mini, iPad 4 Retina Display

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer working, 20 May 2014
I thought this was an excellent value for money item when I first purchased it to use with my i-pad. I sometimes got the message "this is an unapproved acessory and may not work" but clicking dismiss caused it to function fine. However after 5 or 6 uses it ceased to function when clicking on dismiss. I wonder if this coincides with upgrading to the latest IOS on the ipad. Have had to resort to Apple's original product at much greater expence.

CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey
CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker - Grey
Offered by CPR Distribution
Price: 38.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Using with a BT6500 phone, 28 April 2013
The BT6500 phone has call blocking facilities so you might ask why have a CPR blocker. I was getting 2 or 3 nuisance calls a day and I did not feel the BT6500 blocking facilities were adequate to cope. For a start you can only block 10 individual numbers on the phone whereas the CPR has 200 preprogrammed nuisance numbers and the facility to add another 100. I also liked the simplicity of the CPR just having to press one button to both cut off the caller and add the number to the blocked list at the same time. The only downside to the device is that you cannot check to see your list of blocked numbers. You can reverse the block but only if you remember the number you want to unblock. This should not be a problem with indiviual numbers but it is as well to make a manual note if you block an area code in case you discover later the area includes other callers you want to hear from.
Does it work well with the BT6500? It is very easy to set up using the Line 2 and Tel 2 sockets. The company say it is fully compatible but in my case the answerphone did not work when the blocker was connected. The company suggested I use the BT 1571 service with which it works well but I was not happy as I wanted the extra facilities of the BT6500 answerphone. However I have found a workaround which works very well. I attached a splitter on the filter on the phone line. I attached the BT6500 to one socket on the splitter and I attached the blocker to the other socket. I then attached an old fashioned push button corded phone (a BT Vanguard 10) to the blocker using Line 1 and Tel 1. With this setup both the answerphone and the blocker work perfectly and surprisingly neither phone rings with a blocked call. An added advantage of this setup is that I can still make calls on the corded phone when the BT6500 stops working during a power cut.
I was getting 2 or 3 nuisance calls a day. In 6 weeks use of the CPR blocker I have only had one nuisance call and I have blocked this with the push button - brilliant, peace at last.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 9:24 AM BST

Maxsima - ENEL14, EN-EL14 fully Compatible Battery for NIKON
Maxsima - ENEL14, EN-EL14 fully Compatible Battery for NIKON
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxsina ENEL 14 battery, 2 Dec 2012
Very pleased with this battery. I was worried from other reviews whether this battery was going to be fully compatible with my camera , a Nikon D5100. However the camera appears to accept the battery fine and the Nikon charger appears to work with it as well. I have only just got the battery so cannot vouch for it's ability to hold it's charge but it will be great value as a backup for the Nikon battery I had with the camera