Profile for Elizabeth Trigg > Reviews

Content by Elizabeth Trigg

Elizabeth Trigg (Lancs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Kent's Kitchen Meal Kits Red Thai 65 g (Pack of 4)
Kent's Kitchen Meal Kits Red Thai 65 g (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, easy, yummy, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Each of the 4 kits is made up of 3 small pots – garlic infused oil, spice paste, and aromatic bits and pieces. The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and gave good results. It claims to serve 2, but with an entire can of coconut milk as specified, there is easily enough sauce to double up the meat and veg and feed 4. Don't be tempted to use half a can of the coconut milk if you are cooking for only 2, unless you like your curry very hot. The flavour and spiciness is just right and convincingly like a Thai red curry from a restaurant. The kit doesn't cut out much of the work, but I suppose it does reduce some of the faff involved in measuring out the smaller ingredients, which often seems to take ages when you are short of time or tired. Not a cheap option, but it would be handy thing to pull out of the cupboard when you want to throw together a tasty meal. The use by date is 4 months after I received the kit, so not a long term store cupboard option. I enjoyed using the kit, rather to my surprise.

TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Moisture for dry hair at a bargain price, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Tresemme hair care for a few years because it is as good as the more pricey brands, but much cheaper. This conditioner has a very light fragrance, and feels moisturising to the touch, like it's made of about 50% body lotion, but not heavy. It is lovely to use. The results haven't been earth shattering, but my hair feels as good as it would after a more expensive conditioner. It is shiny, and smooth right to the ends of my hair, which is about 18 months old at the tips. If you have fine hair, it would be best to try and use it just on the dry ends, as I expect it might weigh down your hair if applied to the roots. I will keep using this one, as I doubt I will find better results at such a bargain price.

Bitmore Juucee 2600mAh Ultra Compact Portable Battery Backup Charger with LED Torch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lifesaver for your dodgy phone, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The juucee is very useful. It is just over 3 inches long, so will fit easily into a pocket or handbag. It has a switch with 3 settings 1.Off, 2.Charge, 3.Torch. It comes with its own lead for charging it up, and you will use the USB lead that came with your device to connect it to the juucee. It arrived with some charge in it because the torch worked immediately. It isn't a powerful torch, just a tiny LED light. It took about an hour to charge up from the mains. It is going to be really useful for me because my phone tends to suddenly run out of power just when I need it most. From a dead phone battery, I can use my phone within seconds of plugging the juucee in to it, which means no risk of finding myself stranded in the middle of nowhere with no working phone again. It then goes on to charge up my phone at about the same speed as it would take from the mains. I expect it will charge any small device that has a USB lead with it, and I might use it for my ipod as well, but as an emergency phone rescue device its going to be a life saver. Very pleased.

Vax Air Silence Pet Eco Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax Air Silence Pet Eco Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable value, quiet and powerful cleaner, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cleaner has helped with clearing dog fur from the carpets, but it isn't exceptional. The turbo brush is presumably intended to be used for powerful fur-lifting, and it does. However, so far the standard cleaning head is picking just about everything up. With this standard head on, the cleaner is very quiet compared to previous cleaners. By contrast, the turbo head sounds like a power sander in operation, but hopefully you won't need it very often. The machine is light and easy to carry about the house. It won't stand on the stairs though. The instructions state that you mustn't pull the power cord out further than the yellow marker, and this gives you 5.1 metres (16.73 feet), which is a bit shorter than I'm used to. It has no bags to replace - but you will need to replace one of the 2 filters annually. There is another filter which needs to be washed occasionally, and then you need to wait at least 24 hours to make sure that it's completely dry before you can use it again. One big downside is that the cleaner uses push fittings on all the attachments, rather than the snap and click fittings that you might find on a more pricey machine. What tends to happen is that as you use the machine, gently putting contant pressure on the cleaning head, it's push-fitting join gets tighter and tighter. Then when you want to remove it and attach a nozzle instead, it is very difficult to pull the parts apart. If you have reduced strength in your arms, this isn't the one for you. Also, there is nowhere to store the extra attachments on the machine itself, making them easy to mislay. Emptying the dirt from the machine is not ideal. Most of the dirt will be in the main part of the dirt container, and fall into the bin OK, but some of it stays in the hinged base, which you have to lift with your other hand to persuade the dirt to drop. It's difficult to do this without getting a small amount of it on the floor unless your bin is very wide. Overall, reasonable value for a mid-priced machine, without the refinements of fancier cleaners.

Pros:
Light
Quiet (in standard use)
Extra turbo head for shifting stubborn pet fur.

Cons:
Push fittings make it awkward to change attachments unless you are strong.
Cord is a bit short.
Emptying the dirt container is fiddly and sometimes a bit messy.

Update 1/9/14 : I got this cleaner just before the hoo-haa about the new European law restricting the wattage of vacuum cleaners kicked off. This cleaner is only 800 watts - half of the dreaded new limit. Believe me, it has sufficient power. I have used the vent in the handle to reduce the suction a couple of times when it felt like my arms were being pulled out of the sockets. If Vax can do achieve this, then no doubt the other manufacturers can as well. Don't be fooled into buying old over-powered stock, just to clear the backlog that they want to shift while it's still legal.

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 4 Refills)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best from Oral-B, 24 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried most of the available Oral-B toothbrush heads, and this model is as good as the floss action, which was my previous favourite. Neither of them clean well enough to replace flossing unfortunately, but they are very good. My dentist complemented me on how clean my teeth were on the last visit, and I had been using this CrossAction model for a while then. I drink a lot of tea, and I am managing to keep stains at bay. We have 4 Oral-B brushes in our house, of varying ages, and the Cross fits them all. The biggest improvement that you can make from manual brushing is to swap to an electric toothbrush with any decent quality head. However, if you want to spend a little more for an even better clean, then you couldn't do better then this one.

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 8 Refills)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best from OralB, 24 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried most of the available Oral-B toothbrush heads, and this model is as good as the floss action, which was my previous favourite. Neither of them clean well enough to replace flossing unfortunately, but they are very good. My dentist complemented me on how clean my teeth were on the last visit, and I had been using this CrossAction model for a while then. I drink a lot of tea, and I am managing to keep stains at bay. We have 4 Oral-B brushes in our house, of varying ages, and the CrossAction head fits them all. Really, the biggest improvement that you can make from manual brushing is to swap to an electric toothbrush with any decent quality head. However, if you want to spend a little more for an even better clean, then you couldn't do better then this one.

Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars This brush is an excellent choice on a budget as it has the essentials ..., 28 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This brush is an excellent choice on a budget as it has the essentials that I wanted. It has daily clean, which feels very thorough, and is streets ahead of any manual clean. The second option is gum care, which if you can be bothered to do it, should help to keep your gums healthy and happy for longer. The best bit is the pressure sensor light, which is on the shoulder of the brush and easy to see whilst brushing. My husband is inclined to brush too hard with his electric toothbrush, which is easily done, and this feature does seem to have helped reduce the problem. Excellent choice of brush if you want the best value for money.

Oral-B Pro 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent toothbrush. It replaced an older Braun electric toothbrush, 28 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent toothbrush. It replaced an older Braun electric toothbrush, which had done good service, but was losing power. My teeth felt much cleaner and shinier after the first use, and I have continued to be pleased with the performance. The red light on the shoulder of the brush comes on if you are pressing too hard. I think that's the most important feature, as it's easy to damage your gums with an electric brush if you overdo it, as my husband is inclined to do. It's obviously easy to see the light in the mirror, but you can still see it most of the time even without a mirror. I have enjoyed using the different functions, particularly the gum care mode, which I hope will help to keep hold of my teeth as I get older. I'm not sure if the whitening option made a difference in the time that I've used it, although it certainly feels like it ought to have done. I think the brush is good value for the price, although it's a pity no travelling case was supplied this time.

Men's Land Rover (On an adventure 2013) T-Shirt Charcoal, Large
Men's Land Rover (On an adventure 2013) T-Shirt Charcoal, Large
Offered by St Brides Bay Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality T shirt, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Men's Land Rover T-Shirt (Apparel)
This T shirt is made from excellent quality cotton of a good weight. It has washed very well, is flattering, and the charcoal grey looks classy. My husband loves it and keeps it for smart casual. Very pleased and would buy it again.

Crocs Womens Crocs Edie Stretch Fashion Sandals
Crocs Womens Crocs Edie Stretch Fashion Sandals
Price: £24.49 - £42.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very comfortable, 26 July 2014
Feet in heaven! These are the most comfortable sandals that I have ever bought. I have size fives that are slightly wide at the front, and the size 5 sandals are perfect. My feet feel protected by the raised sides of the foot bed. I could wear them all day. Because the straps are elasticated, the sandals have a flip-flop action, but they are still fine for walking in away from home or the beach. I bought the pink/orange ones, and they go well with most of my summer clothes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17