Profile for Tim Prizeman - author: The Thought Leadership Manual > Reviews

Content by Tim Prizeman -...

Tim Prizeman - author: The Thought Leadership Manual "Tim Prizeman" (Herts, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Liberal Delusion
The Liberal Delusion

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended read... and as a present for the all the deluded liberals you know, 14 July 2015
If you are sick of the liberal nonsense that has become mainstream in so much of the public sector and other PC bodies (BBC being a huge example), this is a great read... and a great Christmas present to give such people.

John is hugely passionate and informed about his subject (more so than the better known "liberals" whose views he demolishes), and makes a massive contribution to the debate.

Sadly, most journalists are fully-paid up members of the Liberal Delusion, so people like Dawkins get all the publicity. Buy this book to get the balance that is so sorely lacking.

Genuine Piranha Mako Compact Folding Computer Desk Furniture Home Office PC3g
Genuine Piranha Mako Compact Folding Computer Desk Furniture Home Office PC3g
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Desk looks great, 8 July 2015
Got this a week ago. Reasonably easy to assemble. Looks great.

Only down side was the poor delivery man was too tired, and barely could carry it from the van, let alone up to the 2nd floor. I carried in up myself (about 35-40Kg I would guess).

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Working well, 30 April 2015
Working well

How to Write Well...When You Don't Know Where to Start
How to Write Well...When You Don't Know Where to Start
by Susan Feehan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to read for professionals and businesspeople whose writing needs to convince colleagues, clients and customers, 15 April 2015
As I write as part of myliving (and often subedit the copy of others too), I can certainly speak from experience of highly variable writing ability of professional people and entrepreneurs in the UK.

When I say "variable", I mean "usually bad, with notable excpetions:
1 - a small number are brilliant. Their material is genuinely a work of brilliance.. quite frankly I wish I knew how they did it so I could write that well.
2 - a moderate number write clear, readable and enjoyable English. Might need a polish and always room for improvement, but good nonetheless (I'd stick myself in this category).
3 - the majortiy murder the language. Poor grammar and syntax, ambiguity, lack of structure, and sentances that go on for pages with lots of subclauses and padding. People who draft documents for a living (lawyers, consultants and academics) are usually in this category.
4 - about 15% who don't just murder the language, but rape and bludgeon it so that all that appears is a stinking pile of words, jargon, cliches and incoherent thoughts. If this isn't you, there will certainly be people in your firm who are in this category... writing such drivel to your clients and colleagues.

Where does this book fit it? It has lots of great adivce on specific areas of improvement, helpful tools to use, and some great advice about specific areas to target to improve your writing immediately. It also is itself a great embodiment of attractive, memorable and clear writing ... the sort that everyone should aim for.

So if you are in categories 2-4 above, this book will help you improve immediately. If you think you are in category 1, the chances are you aren't... so buy it to see areas where you will be able to improve.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2015 7:52 PM BST

Commando Way : Extraordinary Business Execution
Commando Way : Extraordinary Business Execution
by Damian McKinney

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for CEOs, department heads and anyone with a team to lead and motivate, 15 April 2015
Do you lead an organisation where months are spent on creating a strategy, it takes hours to explain it, a new one comes along two years later... while in the meantime people do pretty much the same thing they've always done.

Or maybe you have a great strategy... but lots of priorities and no one is clear what to do or say first?

If these sound like the sort of problems you face - whether running an organisation with 100K people or just 10, this is a great book to help you make the difference between success and failure... successfully executing your strategy.

Designed to be a thought-provoking read for a businessperson on a flight or 2 hour train journey, its mix of ideas, military history references and first hand experience make it a great investment

The Ultimate Guide to Writing and Marketing a Bestselling Book - on a Shoestring Budget
by Dee Blick

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommmended from someone currently using it to launch their own book, 18 Mar. 2015
I was in the process of writing a book when I got this book (I had finished the manuscript). I have read other books by Dee so had high expectations about it being useful, practical and written from extensive experience.

It is all these, and I was immediately able to put several of the tips into practice as I worked with a designer to finish my book.

Of course it was too late by then to follow the tips in the earlier sections about creating a book - but they all look very sensible, echo with my experience and I am sure I'd have benefitted from having read it earlier!

In a few weeks time I'll be promoting my own book on Thought Leadership. Dee's book has lots of great advice, which I will be drawing on and also making it requirred reading for my team. I've added this book to the recommended reading list of my own book!

Double Your Business: How to Break Through the Barriers to Higher Growth, Turnover and Profit (Financial Times Series)
by Lee Duncan

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read this book years ago!, 18 Jan. 2015
I got the book a week or so ago and it is fantastic.... I wish I had had it 15 years ago, it would have made me making a lot of costly delays and mistakes.

It is full of tons of practical advice and tips you can apply immediately to the wide range of problems small businesses get that stop them reaching anything like their potential.

Elements that have strongly resonated with me as I have read through include:

1 - solutions to problems I know are there, but for whatever reason I have not properly addressed them;

2 - solutions to problems I have encountered that I have successfully tackled (invariably taking a long while to figure out a great solution... which 9 out of 10 times is the one the book recommends. Reassuring, but having had the book at the time would have allowed a much faster and less painful resolution).

So, if you buy this book and the E-Myth book (there is a good overlap between the advice, but not duplication) AND implement effectively all their great advice... I have no doubt virtaully any business will double its turnover and profits in two years, and probably have plenty of momentum for several years after that too.

Check back with me in 2017 to see how I've done

This Is The Computers
This Is The Computers

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: This Is The Computers (Audio CD)
A great band live, and a very good album....such a fantastic antidote for all those sick of the X-factor bland boy bands that infect the charts. A raucous and talented group

MountRight Table Top Stand Base - Replacement LCD, LED and Plasma Stand 32", 33", 34", 37", 40", 42", 43", 44", 45", 46", 47", 50" Sony Samsung Toshiba Sharp Philips
Offered by TV Stands & TV Mounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 6 Jun. 2012
Easy to set up and TV hasn't fallen over yet? Much better than the stand that came with the tv originally

Hits
Hits

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish, 23 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Hits (Audio CD)
Remembered them from the Peel show. Thought I would remind myself. Bad move - complete rubbish, despite the well deserved reputation of Nick Cave
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2015 3:00 PM GMT