Profile for JayPeeTee > Reviews

Content by JayPeeTee

JayPeeTee "jay tee" (coventry,england)

Born In The U.S.A. (Vinyl, 2014 Re-master) [VINYL]
Born In The U.S.A. (Vinyl, 2014 Re-master) [VINYL]
Offered by Side Two

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick with the original!, 10 July 2015
This review is for the remastering of only as everything has already been said of this truly great album.I have owned it for many years and know it inside out so I decided to buy it again following the reported "huge improvement" in quality when remastered.I consider myself an audiophile but I always tell it like it is and I have to say any improvement is minimal.I played the original straight after [my hi fi set up is pretty good] and although I don't regret paying my £25 for this vinyl it told me not to bother with replacing all my other Springsteen albums! There is a lot of "the emperors new suit" when it comes to hi fi/stereo/bluray etc but I always go by what I am hearing from the product not any hype.Brilliant album anyway so stick with the cheaper original

Harley Davidson Genuine large embossed weathered metal sign (na 3040 pt)
Harley Davidson Genuine large embossed weathered metal sign (na 3040 pt)

4.0 out of 5 stars good...but!, 3 July 2015
again this looks a little too sanitised and new,i am a sucker for anything Harley and this is pretty good but would have more effect if it looked a little distressed/aged!

Nostalgic Arts - Harley Davidson - Knucklehead 1936 - 30cm x 40cm Tin Sign
Nostalgic Arts - Harley Davidson - Knucklehead 1936 - 30cm x 40cm Tin Sign

3.0 out of 5 stars looks a bit too new!, 3 July 2015
this is ok but could do with looking a little more "distressed/retro"

Nostalgic-Art 23188 Metal Sign Harley-Davidson Garage 30 x 40 cm
Nostalgic-Art 23188 Metal Sign Harley-Davidson Garage 30 x 40 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice retro look, 3 July 2015
very pleased,has a nostalgic look to it as the name suggests.It's on my garage wall!

Tracks
Tracks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value reissue, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tracks (Audio CD)
I already own this from the original release and bought this one for a gift for friend.The price is a bargain and the content i know to be excellent [you just don't get bad Springsteen releases].For under £20 it really is a good buy.One thing however, the size of the box is less than half that of the original,not a problem but i feel this should be pointed out along with the sales pitch.All in all very good.

TGI Student Gig Bag For 3/4 Size Classical Guitar
TGI Student Gig Bag For 3/4 Size Classical Guitar
Offered by Northern Music Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 26 Oct. 2013
i bought this for my 7 year old grandson for his entry level guitar and it is ideal.Does what it says on the tin!

Life Is People
Life Is People

3.0 out of 5 stars Religious slant puts me off, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Life Is People (Audio CD)
Must confess i had not heard of Bill Fay but his story and Mojo review intrigued me and i am willing to give anything a chance!Having played the album many times now i have "filed" it under "not bad" and "quite good" and must say the constant religous references running through it to be a turn off.I can put up with this for the odd track [ala Van Morrison]but not as a theme.Just for the record i personally have no religous leanings either for or against but i don't want to hear it on my music collection,i could go to church for that!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 4:55 PM GMT

Rebels & Redcoats: How Britain Lost America [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Rebels & Redcoats: How Britain Lost America [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars British angle, 14 April 2010
I am a keen amateur student/fan of the American revolution having read many books on the subject.I found it strange that this dvd is unavailable here in England but having imported it from the U.S.A. i must say i enjoyed it very much indeed.It is put together from a British angle and gets to the heart of the complications of the war regarding Americans fighting for Britain,British fighting for their adopted America,French fighting the British etc.I found it refreshing that we can get away from the American idealistic flag waving approach to the subject and look at the situation objectively.Most books just trot out the "founding fathers/frontiersman taking on the bullying redcoats" myth which in my opinion sells the subject and indeed the achievement of independence well short!I highly recommend this dvd and would very much like to know the opinions of Americans on this work.I should add that the book Rebels and Redcoats by Hugh Bicheno is a great companion to this video.