Profile for David Byrne > Reviews

Content by David Byrne

David Byrne (Swanley, Kent United Kingdom)

GOD ON TRIAL (2008) [IMPORT]
GOD ON TRIAL (2008) [IMPORT]
Dvd ~ Josef Altin
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars Schindlers List meets Last episode of Blackadder, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: GOD ON TRIAL (2008) [IMPORT] (DVD)
Cannot compare to Schindlers List in terms of cost or production values, but delivers an equally powerful message. Sometimes, when depicting man's inhumanity to man, then less is most definitly more, and this is certainly the case here. The actors and the set create a claustropbic atmosphere, and it makes you feel as if you are in amongst these unfortunate men, sitting in that terrible blockhouse, having accepted your fate.

Truly moving.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best friend, 15 Dec 2010
I put off buying this for ages, mainly because of the cost, but decided to treat myself to one for christmas, and I am glad I did. Buying and downloading books is so easy, and within minutes you forget that your not reading a 'real' book and you wonder if you would ever buy a paperback ever again. The only downside being, just about everyone in my office has borrowed it at some stage, to take home to show thier husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend before buying one, it is now the unofficial office demo model.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars That real book feeling, 15 Dec 2010
I originally bought this when I purechased my Kindle with the intention of protecting the Kindle but the unexpected benefit being that it makes your Kindle feel like a real book. A good quality product, that feels good in your hands, would recommend it to anyone.

Give Me Ten Seconds
Give Me Ten Seconds
by John Sergeant

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me ten seconds, 12 Aug 2002
This review is from: Give Me Ten Seconds (Paperback)
I bought this book to read on holiday having seen John Sargeant on Have I got News for you. The book contained some surprises particularly with regard to JS's Russian origins.JS has a very wry sense of humour which shows through in his writing. The book also portrays a man with a strong character as the book reveals that decisions have not always gone in his favour. How JS deals with these setbacks would serve a lesson to many. All in all a very enjoyable read.