Profile for MidgetAssassin > Reviews

MidgetAssassin (UK)

e-Vision Small Metal Camera Wall Mount
e-Vision Small Metal Camera Wall Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdier than it looks, 17 July 2012
This little bracket is a bit bigger and sturdier than it looked (to me) in the picture. The allen bolt clamps will do up good an tight so it stays in position well - even came with the correct size allen key. The base is bolted on rather than welded so I managed to do away with the base and mount directly to the steel sheet which made for a very tidy installation.

The North Face Women's Hedgehog III Black/Fuschia Pink Hiking Shoe T0Awuyfx5 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good summer hike shoe - not waterproof, 28 Nov 2011
I bought this for my girlfriend by accident when she really wanted the GTX version. Don't buy this for warm dry feet in the winter, it is a well ventilated summer hiking shoe. Making the 2 versions look identical was either a clever or stupid ploy on the part of northface. I ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes so they made money but its annoyed me so they have lost my trust. Good shoe, daft to make it look the same as the GTX.

The MG Midget and Austin Healey Sprite High Performance Manual (Speedpro) (Speedpro Series)
by John Sprinzel

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, dated, reads like an advert, 19 July 2011
I expected something more like Vizzard's tuning book but this didn't live up to the dream. Although Vizzard's engine book is hard to navigate it contains lots of experimental data, parts information and diagrams from which you can determine what does and doesn't work. Not so the 'High Performance Manual' it feels like a real beginners book and contains a lot of references to manufacturers in the text making it read like a marketing exercise. The book is easy to navigate but lacks substance and depth. Looks nice on the shelf with its glossy cover.

Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad
Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad

4.0 out of 5 stars Like having the bottom half of a netbook, 19 July 2011
Feels like the bottom half of a cheap netbook. Works fine, plug n play and a much beter range than my old logitech keyboard. Trackpad buttons feel a bit plasticky but the trackpad itself is actually pretty good to use, has made our settop Ion PC much better for web browsing and iPlayer. Still tend to use the MCE remote for Dvds/music though as this doesn't have dedicated mce buttons.

Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
by Tom Kurz

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly written book, 28 Oct 2009
I'm sure the information I need is contained within this book and it was recomended to me by my doctor (a sports specialist) but its just so badly written I found it impossible to gain the information I required. The author has a patronising tone and a waffling style that made me want to find him and kick him in the shins (I can't kick higher than that as I still know nothing about stretching). Having owned this book for a couple of months I have tried to read it on several occasions and given up - if you have a normal attention span don't bother.

Sherlock Holmes 6-Book Boxed Set (Collector's Library)
Sherlock Holmes 6-Book Boxed Set (Collector's Library)
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty addition to the shelf, 28 Oct 2009
I bought this to replace a compendium I lost, the books themselves are very nice and look good on the shelf if a little smaller than I expected- the stories are of course classics no home should be without.

Tuning the A-Series Engine: The Definitive Manual on Tuning for Performance or Economy
by David Vizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 28 Oct 2009
A surprisingly engaging book that I genuinely enjoyed reading. As a reference it is a bit tricky because it isn't as prescriptive as you might hope however if you take the time to read it through, the knowledge gained is invaluable. My 1380 race engine makes 130bhp and follows Vizzards principles to the letter.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tie, 28 Oct 2009
A bit slow on dispatch but the tie is good quality and arrived in time for my sisters wedding :)