Profile for Gaz2002 > Reviews

Before You Sleep
by Benji Bennett
Price: 6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but heavy on the big..., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Before You Sleep (Paperback)
Our son was given this book for Christmas, and we and he absolutely love it. Beautifully illustrated and a heartbreaking backstory. We buy a LOT of books, but this is one that gets an outing more often than most. In terms of the poetry, I take the point that it doesn't scan brilliantly in all places, but it's certainly good enough. My particular gripe is that "big" seems to be the only adjective used. Otherwise, it would be a 5 star review. We also bought another of the books (World of Wonders, which is great for explaining the cool stuff in the world, but it's not nearly as well-written).

Bear Snores On
Bear Snores On
by Karma Wilson
Edition: Board book
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bear Snores On (Board book)
This is a fantastic read, and one that our son returns to time and time again. It's probably in our top 3 (along with "Click Clack Moo - cows that type" and "Before you sleep" by Benji Bennett).

Viners 6-Piece Soup Spoon
Viners 6-Piece Soup Spoon
Price: 16.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Souper, 14 Jan 2013
We had a Viners set that we've had for a few years, but soup spoons weren't included. It's always galled me using a dessert spoon to take soup. These spoons were a good match, and thus have restored dignity to my soup eating. We may even be able to serve soup at a dinner party, provided we don't have more than 6 for supper!

Bear Says Thanks
Bear Says Thanks
by Karma Wilson
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Bear says thanks, parent says "meh"., 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bear Says Thanks (Paperback)
It's a nice story and helps to reinforce the little word that so many children don't use as a matter of course, but the story is a bit weak and the prose is a bit cumbersome in places. If you're interested in this series, I really, really like "Bear Snores On".

Chrome Cylinder Latch Pull
Chrome Cylinder Latch Pull
Offered by Signs & Numbers
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars nice latch-pull but a bit snug...., 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chrome Cylinder Latch Pull
I bought this to go with a Chrome Yale P89 Deadlock (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yale-Locks-Deadlock-Nightlatch-Backset/dp/B004J33Z7E) but found that the yale barrel did not fit snuggly into the pull. I had to carefully line it up (so the yale logo was level) and then hammer it in. It took several solid blows (if you have to do this, please make sure to use a cloth or something to stop the hammer marking the lock barrel). Eventually it fitted and from there it was plain sailing. There's a helpful little node on the reverse of the pull which gives it a bit of purchase on the door so it doesn't swivel/move.

It's fine, but unless you own a hammer, best avoided!

SILICONE BABYFOOD TRAY
SILICONE BABYFOOD TRAY
Offered by WOWOOO
Price: 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, but..., 20 May 2011
A very useful product - we simply freeze the food into "ice-bars" and then pop them out and store them in a freezer bag (so the tray is free to use again). One slight niggle- it's a bit difficult to clean (any food spots along the top edge need more than a quick rinse to get off), and it dries really slowly (as there are lots of places on either side for water to gather.

HFS83 - Varilight - Ultra Flat Plate - Brushed Chrome - 2 Gang 1 or 2 Way 2x 400W Dimmer Push Swith
Offered by Switch Socket and Supplies
Price: 26.69

5.0 out of 5 stars the best 400x2 Watt Dimmer, 20 May 2011
Actually it's possibly the only one - we have 7 x 50w spotlights in the kitchen on one switch and 4 on the other. We scoured the web for a dimmer to cope with the load and varilight delivered!

Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag
Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag
Offered by 1stopbabystore
Price: 4.24

1.0 out of 5 stars suction cups don't stick to tiles, 20 May 2011
The suction cups don't stick to the tiles, so it slides down the wall and into the bath. Given this is meant to (a) stick to the wall; and (b) stop toys from falling into the bath, it's a pretty rubbish product. Don't bother buying one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars not pleasant - but they work, 21 Dec 2010
I've had a plague of mice in my house. I've tried standard "snap traps", shop bought baits, professional bait (pasta, grain and oil-based), but nothing succeeds like these. I bought 3 packs and left them in my loft. Checking twice a day as (a) it's cruel to leave them stuck there; and (b) they might become unstuck!

Bait them with a glob of peanut butter and check often.

Caught 14 mice in a 2 month period. All's quiet in the loft now!

GENUINE CREDA HOTPOINT DISHWASHER ON OFF SWITCH 1800485
GENUINE CREDA HOTPOINT DISHWASHER ON OFF SWITCH 1800485
Offered by Suds-Online
Price: 1,358.50

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's GENUINE, 15 Dec 2010
When it comes to replacement dishwasher on/off switches, there is a lot of choice in the market. What the previous reviewer failed to note is that this one is "Genuine". It comes with pedigree papers. It's the real deal. Creda-made, Creda quality. I have two of these. I don't have a diswasher, but just owning them is ENOUGH. One sits by the sink. The dishes see it; they understand what it means.

Another brilliant and GENUINE product from Creda.

Page: 1 | 2