Profile for cressy > Reviews

Content by cressy

cressy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
CHEAP 25mm VERY THICK!! Haydock Artificial Grass Flooring - Indoor or Outdoor Flooring - 2 metres wide choose your own length in 1ft(foot) Lengths
Offered by West Derby Carpets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Dec. 2015
Great! Fast dispatch and delivery. Just what I wanted.

Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7) (Shopaholic Series)
Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7) (Shopaholic Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 19 Oct. 2014
I wish I had read the other reviews before reading this book then my expectations may have been lower and I might not have been so disappointed.

Like many of the other reviewers, I had been eagerly awaiting the next "Shopaholic" as I have loved all the previous books, but what a disappointment. I found Becky to be embarrassing, rather than amusing, and as some of the other reviewers have said, not very nice.

But the biggest disappointment of all was the ending. It's not so much a cliff hanger, more that Sophie decided not to finish it off properly and has left things unexplained. It left me feeling really irritated and annoyed, so much so that I may not bother reading the next one in case Sophie decides to do that again.

The Bad Mother
The Bad Mother

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Bad Mother (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and I liked the characters. It was also nice to read a kindle book that was written by an English author as so many of the (free) kindle books are by American authors which I don't enjoy as much.

Thomas Kinkade "Home for the Holidays" Illuminated Christmas Hanging Tapestry
Thomas Kinkade "Home for the Holidays" Illuminated Christmas Hanging Tapestry

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Christmas scene, 12 Nov. 2013
I am really pleased with my purchase, and can't wait to hang it on the wall for Christmas. It comes on a nice wooden pole. There is a little pocket on the back where the batteries go and there is an on/off switch on the battery case.

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly moving read, 26 Aug. 2013
This is one of those books that you can't stop thinking about even when you've finished it - I thought it was very well written, I liked the way it went from one sister to the other, so you could follow both their lives at the same time. I was left feeling so sorry for Helen that she had such a horrible upbringing, but so happy that the two sisters have finally found each other.

Summer of '76
Summer of '76

5.0 out of 5 stars a good summer read, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Summer of '76 (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, partly because it is set on the IOW which is where I have spent many happy holidays, and also because I am old enough to remember the long, hot, summer of '76.
I thought it was well written and I wanted to keep reading. I will certainly look out for some more books by Isabel Ashdown.

In the Garden of Temptation (The Garden Series Book 1)
In the Garden of Temptation (The Garden Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable historical romance, 26 July 2013
I have just finished this novel and I really enjoyed it. It was well written and once I'd started to read it, I couldn't put it down.

Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress (Mills & Boon) (Mills & Boon Historical)
Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress (Mills & Boon) (Mills & Boon Historical)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good historical romance, 11 July 2013
I really enjoyed this novel by Ann Lethbridge, I thought it was well written and a good story. Mills and Boon at its best.

Belong To Me (The Fielding Brothers Saga Book 4)
Belong To Me (The Fielding Brothers Saga Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 July 2013
As one of the other reviewers wrote, I wish the author had done a little more research before writing this novel, and used language more suitable for the 1850s (would someone in the 1850s have "quit the room"). The actual story line is good, but I wish it had been written better and more in keeping with the period, I am not sure if I will bother to finish it.

Final Whistle
Final Whistle

5.0 out of 5 stars another good book from J Jackson Bentley, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Final Whistle (Kindle Edition)
Another well written novel by J Jackson Bentley. Even though I am not particularly interested in football, I still enjoyed this novel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5