Profile for Bagman > Reviews

Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Too long away., 11 Dec 2013
Haven't read a Rebus for a long time so this was like settling back into a comfortable set of shoes. All the right ingredients and nicely mixed.

The Search for the Perfect Pub: Looking For the Moon Under Water
The Search for the Perfect Pub: Looking For the Moon Under Water
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Sigh! Not Entertaining and quite boring, 1 Aug 2013
It's not a road trip. It's a long winded student essay on how it was a lot better in the old days, and some googled facts about big brewing companies. I can only imagine how the long winter evenings must fly by......

Wacom Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Wacom Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Price: 4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Aug 2013
I use it for writing notes on an iPad with Penultimate. It works. Don't waste time looking at others. This is the one.

A Deniable Death
A Deniable Death
Price: 3.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost, 14 July 2013
This review is from: A Deniable Death (Kindle Edition)
I've been a Seymour fan and reader fora very long time and I enjoyed this. However, I think I'm stuck in a loveless marriage. I don't want to read any more but I know I will just to keep it going.

Under the Radar: A Novel
Under the Radar: A Novel
Price: 4.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Drivel, 24 Jun 2013
Very disappointing. I can only think that this book is aimed at those who want a whiff of their old days on RAF stations of the 60s. No characterisation, a paper thin plot and dull descriptions of flying. I regret buying this very much.

Railworks - Tornado Edition (PC DVD)
Railworks - Tornado Edition (PC DVD)
Price: 29.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Mangement of Expectations, 26 Aug 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a train spotter. I've waited for ages to come up with a good reason to buy Railworks. I've had a Steam account for a while and it was only a matter of time until I received an Amazon gift card that enabled me to buy it. So I did.

What an anti-climax, and I haven't even played it yet. It arrived at 11 o'clock this morning. It's now 11.30PM and I'm still downloading stuff from Steam before I'm allowed to play it.

Don't waste your lives. Spend the money on a trip to your local steam historic/steam/heritage railway. You'll have more fun, less guilt and your bank account won't suffer.

Please don't even consider buying this for someone as a present. They will hate you for ever as they sit waiting for yet another download.

My copy of Railworks is going on eBay tomorrow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 4:43 PM GMT