Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

John

Page: 1 | 2
Bodymax Selectabell Dumbbell Pair 5kg - 32.5kg (11lb-71lb)
Bodymax Selectabell Dumbbell Pair 5kg - 32.5kg (11lb-71lb)
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for saving space and money, 1 Feb. 2015
Been using these about 3 times a week since Christmas. They do feel very high quality; although the stands are made of a thick plastic, I'm just not 100% confident they'll last as long as the dumbbells themselves.

They're very simply to use and there's no set up required. Saves a ton of space having 5-32.5KG dumbbells all in one place. Would save a lot of money too if buying a full set of dumbbells of this quality. I love the grips on them, everyone who has used them has mentioned it as well, you know they're not moving anywhere and they're very comfortable to hold.

When my friends come over to use them they're slightly dubious that the plates will stay in position when having the weight above their heads, but I completely trust them myself; besides, when you hold them a certain way, it's physically impossible for them to fall out anyway.

I've knocked it down to 4 stars as sometimes the smallest plates stick and you have to give it a shake to get them off; worried someday I'll pick it up without noticing and it'll hit my toe. When you select the full 32.5KG you have to put your foot on the plastic stand as it's light and just lifts up with the dumbbell (this would be fixed by the separate stand you can buy but it's £70+)

Overall very happy with my purchase, worth the money; I have mostly Bodymax equipment and it's all great stuff.

SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves-Black-M
SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves-Black-M
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my job, 2 Dec. 2014
Bought these to wear outside at work (I'm a postman). Firstly when you look at the glove, it looks like someone has guessed the shape of a human hand and got it wrong. There is just a straight line from the base of the index finger to the base of the little finger; if you look at your hand, you can see this is not the case. So I find myself yanking them back down onto my hand as my wee finger keeps sliding down the glove more often than I would like.

Wearing them in a heavy downpour for a long period of time, as with (probably) most water proof gear, the water soaks up the glove and back down the inside. I can also confirm, these gloves are not warm.

Why the 4 stars then? Because they're great for my job. My hands are still warmer than they would be in finger less gloves and because of the grips and closeness of the glove, I can sort through the mail as I walk around and even get a pen out of my pocket and write a note without a problem. I can open a frozen gate without getting ice cold water on my hands. They are very practical and I bring them to work with me everyday. They look good too.

Dexshell Waterproof and Breathable Beanie Hat in 3 Colours (Wine Red)
Dexshell Waterproof and Breathable Beanie Hat in 3 Colours (Wine Red)
Offered by Trail Adventure Store Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality hat, just had one problem, 9 Nov. 2014
Feels like a quality hat. Fit my head nicely; covered my forehead and ears. Wasn't itchy or uncomfortable after wearing it for a long period of time.

I recently wore this in heavy rain (I'm a postman, so I was wearing it all day) and I encountered my only problem with this hat. The waterproof lining is indeed waterproof, however, this lining ends just at the band along the bottom of the hat (which you can see in the picture), so this part gets soaking wet. Even though my hair was dry, I could feel a band of wet cloth on my forehead just along my eyebrows.. all day.

I still gave this product 4 stars as I have never wore any other waterproof hat, so this may be a problem with all of them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 10:00 AM GMT

TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase!, 14 Oct. 2014
Like a similar review I read before purchasing, I bought this to connect my TP-Link power line adapter to both my PC and my Xbox One (I try not to use Wi-Fi where I can, as wired always gives a better speed and is more stable). I connected a network lead from the power line adapter to this box (port number 5, as it's the "in" connection), then another two to the PC and Xbox; turned them both on and they worked straight away. It really was as simple as that, no software required. I ran quite a few broadband speed tests with and without this box and got very similar speeds (around 58Mb).

This actually solved an ancient problem I was having with the power line adapter as my PC or Xbox wouldn't activate the adapter out of "sleep" mode when I turned them on. This little switch keeps them on all the time, which is what I wanted.

Very happy with the purchase, cheap as chips.

TaoTronics® Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Music Headset (Bluetooth 4.0, Hands Free Calling, Built-in Microphone, A2DP/AVRCP)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 Sept. 2014
I had never worn behind the ear headphones before so it took a while to get use to the weight on my ears but apart from that I had no problems. The sound drops for a split second every once in a while when I am listening to spotify (offline, walking about outside with phone in my pocket). They're about the only negative points I have.

Battery life is fantastic, I'm a postman and listen to music as I walk around. Only have to charge it every few days, if even. Easily connected to my phone and tablet over Bluetooth. Microphone is actually much better than expected, even outside in the wind. Sound quality is fine, I feel you lose a bit of quality with this type of headphone as they rest slightly away from your ears, not a fault of this set of headphones though.

A real bargain at £17.

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU
Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, 23 Aug. 2014
Never had any issues with this power supply, easy to install, plenty of connectors, been in my case over a year now, no problems whatsoever. Running an i7, 16gb ram, h80i water cooler, 2 hard drives and a gforce 660ti.

Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0 ATX Case
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0 ATX Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Coolermaster case, 23 Aug. 2014
This is a great case. Currently have an i7, h80i water cooler, 16gb corsair ram with the airflow kit, gforce 660ti graphics card, an ssd, and a 2tb normal hard drive. No problems at all connecting any of it up. All the dust gathers on the mesh which I just hoover every few weeks; everything actually inside the case is pretty much dust free. Solidly built case; nothing feels cheap on it. Everything to need to get it is easily got at. No complaints whatsoever.

Official Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows (Xbox 360)
Offered by HG Amazing Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Aug. 2014
Can't really ask for better; plugged it in and everything worked straight away without me having to do a thing. No disconnecting issues or anything like that. What more can you ask for.

Corsair CH-9000022-EU Vengeance M65 Performance FPS 8200 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Corsair product, 23 Aug. 2014
Great feel and nice weight to it. Sturdy build. I love corsair stuff and this didn't disappoint. Haven't done any hardcore gaming on it yet (i.e counter strike), just games like splinter cell and grand theft auto but feels like it's worth every penny. I don't know if it's designed like it but the sides of the mouse at the bottom seem to collect all the dirt and dust rather than the feet, which I prefer, doesn't affect movement. Nice looking mouse too; anyone else that sits down to use it will comment on it. If I could go back, I'd buy it again.

Sony Mobile Clip-On Style Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Sony Mobile Clip-On Style Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars As I expected from Sony, 23 Aug. 2014
Nice feel to the case, as with most Sony stuff. Great fit around the tablet. I like that the clip is magnetic, can just open it without having to unhook/untie anything. Locking your tablet when you close it over is always a great feature. Don't regret buying for a second.

Page: 1 | 2