Profile for Amy Peacock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
White Rilakkuma Cat TPU Case Cover ear for iPhone 4 4G
White Rilakkuma Cat TPU Case Cover ear for iPhone 4 4G

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little case, 13 Aug 2012
The price made me wary of this product, but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised, it fits well and hold the iphone securely. It did take a long time to arrive and when I queried it, the seller was extremely friendly and helpful. I have had a lot of positive comments to this case when I'm using my phone out and about which is a nice little bonus too!

Exspect Pu Play Case for Nintendo DSi XL - Brown
Exspect Pu Play Case for Nintendo DSi XL - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant case, 13 Aug 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am really pleased with this product, It looks smart and tidy, and has neat little storage spaces for two games and a camera card, as well as two spaces for a small stylus and the large DSi XL stylus. The only little problem with it, and it is rather a little one, is that when you want to charge your DS you have to leave the case open as the joint on the back of the case covers up the charger hole. for the price, it really is worth getting if you like having matching DS accessories.

Disaster Designs Fruit Tree Ladies Wallet
Disaster Designs Fruit Tree Ladies Wallet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purse, 13 Aug 2012
I have been using this purse for quite a while now, and after a lot of use it has survived very well, I have to admit I thought the little bird on the zip would have been destroyed by now, but its held on extremely well. Like another reviewer said, it doesn't have very many spaces for cards, only four but there are spaces to put the less used cards. It can also hold a fair bit of change without that horrible "bulging" look. Overall a very nice sturdy and secure purse.

Linger: 2
Linger: 2
by Maggie Stiefvater
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, but in a good way, 26 July 2010
This review is from: Linger: 2 (Paperback)
When I finished reading "Shiver" last year, I thought it was a brilliant little one off story. When I heard there was going to be a sequel, I didn't really know where it was going to go. A couple of pages in and I guessed it right away but it was nice to see some development in the characters of Grace and Sam, if not a little predictable. But the highlight of the book was the character of Cole, a really enjoyable character to follow as he changes so seamlessly through the book along with Isabel, who was my favourite character from "Shiver", they made the book for me. The only disappointment is the long wait for the final book "Forever" which comes out next Summer!

If you liked "Shiver" you should definitely give this book a go.

Blood: The Last Vampire
Blood: The Last Vampire
by Mamoru Oshii
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the blurb..., 18 Jan 2010
Very disappointed with this book, I was expecting a fast paced action packed story with a good plot and gripping scenes, but in fact all I got was what seems like a politics/science textbook with a vague storyline to it. I haven't even finished this book yet I'm 212 pages in to a 290 page book and I'm finding it hard to carry on.
So far there have been all of 2 semi action based scenes, the rest is sitting round talking about political conflicts, which I'll be honest, I don't care about when I pick up a book promising vampires and sword fights.
This book has been quite informative and I learnt one or two new things, but I wasn't out to learn about science and politics, I wanted to read a sequel to the characters that where created in the original Blood the Last Vampire film, and I have been sorely let down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 11:46 AM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good storyline, but..., 7 Feb 2009
I have just been to see this movie in the cinema. It was a nice storyline, derived from the book "The Little White Horse" and it seemed like it had a lot of potential.

the things that let this film down, for me, though were: Dakota Blue Richards acting which was extremely wooden, like she'd only just read the script before the scene, I did bare in mind that she is a fairly new actress, but still she has grown quite a lot from her role in the Golden Compass, and I felt this performance was worse.

The biggest let down was the attempted CGI at the end, at the start it seemed pretty good, but the black lion at the end was so unconvincing and fake it was hard to believe it was real, I felt the same for the horse's in the movie too, except of course when they actually used real ones.

Overall it was a fairly enjoyable movie, and the cast of older actors and actresses indeed saved the movie and made it a good children's film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2009 5:40 PM GMT

Absolute Boyfriend: v. 6 (Absolute Boyfriend)
Absolute Boyfriend: v. 6 (Absolute Boyfriend)
by Yuu Watase
Price: 5.98

2.0 out of 5 stars was that it?, 28 Dec 2008
This series started off really well, the story was catching and interesting and i felt compelled to read on.

unfortunately I was disappointed with the final book, the ending seemed rushed and abrupt and i got to it thinking is that it? as the story finishes half way through the book, and the rest of the manga is some other story about totally different characters!
I don't know about everyone else, but when you pay the same price for this book as you have for the other 5, to me i feel a bit ripped off, seeing as i only got half a book of story.

Riiko seemed very emotionless in parts of this to me, like there should have been more due to the circumstances. in saying that, I wouldn't say don't read this, but don't expect anything amazing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2010 8:04 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars good headset, 12 July 2008
This arrived the other day, and I have to say it's pretty good, I plugged it in and it worked straight away, works fine with vista too.
the sound quality of the mic isn't as clear as my old one, my friends tell me over skype, but the headset is definitely far comfier than its predecessor, as it can be adjusted, the sound quality is good, not excellent but you get what you pay for.
the wire length is generous and allows for ease of movement, and it also has a handy volume control and mic mute button.
A nice headset for a good price, well worth the buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 11:21 AM BST

TRUST HS-4100 USB HEADSET.
TRUST HS-4100 USB HEADSET.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's an ok headset..., 3 July 2008
I've had this headset a while now,
and it's pretty good, the sound quality is great, i can play games and skype at
the same time and hear both easily, the problems i have encountered are it is painful
to wear after an hour or so and caused me alot of headaches and made my ears sore.
my friends say that the mic is clear and the quality is good, a slight hum in the background only.
also recently when i move my head the sound goes to only one ear and i have to shake my head to make it go back into both ears.

The Scythe
The Scythe
Price: 15.73

4.0 out of 5 stars different but good, 24 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Scythe (Audio CD)
this is different from their other stuff, its alot stronger with the vocals
and the songs are faster paced, but it is still elvenking, it still all sounds as great as it did in previous albums,
just with a new take on their style,
my favourite songs on the cd would be... posion tears, the scythe and divided heart

Page: 1 | 2