Profile for R. Berends > Reviews

Content by R. Berends

R. Berends (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Samsung Slim Retail External 3D Blu Ray - White
Samsung Slim Retail External 3D Blu Ray - White
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Find, 15 May 2014
I bought this instead of the Apple Superdrive for a bunch of reasons, but mainly 1) It is a standard drawer type drive, so I can use the little 3" DVDs and CDs, the Camcorder sized one; 2) It can write Blu-Ray discs; 3) It's priced the same as the Apple DVD only drive; 4) The power and data cable is standard and detachable so it's easier to pack without breaking the cable (if it were soldered in)
The Apple Superdrive is a slot loader, so the little 3" discs cannot be used (I believe they get stuck inside, not tried as it may become expensive). I got the Toast Titanium Blu-Ray add on (needed allow writing Blu-Ray discs), and it has worked perfectly. I have burnt upwards of 20GB of data to Blu-Ray 25GB RE discs a number of times now, and it was speedy to write them too! I was surprised it was connected by a single USB to Mini-B plug (the older type - larger than the Android flat one) for power and data, but it all works well and fast at that.
Highly recommended for all the reasons above...

Banksy Art - Open Greeting Card - Panda Guns (Pink) - With Badge - BKB017
Banksy Art - Open Greeting Card - Panda Guns (Pink) - With Badge - BKB017
Offered by The Craft Factory 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Raised a Smile, 15 May 2014
I'm a Banksy fan, so this was a perfect find for a loved one! Quickly delivered and raised a smile when received, and it was kept as a keepsake, so that's got to be good!

DUNLOP HALF-HEIGHT-WIDE CALF SHORT WELLY- IN GREEN OR BLACK
DUNLOP HALF-HEIGHT-WIDE CALF SHORT WELLY- IN GREEN OR BLACK
Offered by CISSBURY RETAIL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price & Perfect Fit, 15 May 2014
I bought a pair that are same as my shoe size, they slipped on easily and were a perfect fit. The price was brilliant too, given that I only need these for muddy conditions, buying a 'fashion accessory' welly made no sense at all. Happy punter

MICROCONNECT V-UTP5005VP UTP CAT5E 0.5M GREY 10 PACK - (Cables Network Cables)
MICROCONNECT V-UTP5005VP UTP CAT5E 0.5M GREY 10 PACK - (Cables Network Cables)

4.0 out of 5 stars What to Say?, 8 Jan 2014
There's not much to be said about some grey ethernet flyleads... but these are fine, a pack of 10 with moulded connectors. They are not the snagless variety (with the protector over the release), so are easier to use in tight spaces. The price was brilliant for 10, so I would look at this rather than buying loose ones

Ramozz @  11.6" 11 inch Brown ENVELOPE PU Leather Case BAG Sleeve For Macbook Air
Ramozz @ 11.6" 11 inch Brown ENVELOPE PU Leather Case BAG Sleeve For Macbook Air
Offered by Locoisle777

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight, 8 Jan 2014
I like the shape and look, it is made to look like an inter-office memo envelope and that's done well, complete with red string (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you're younger than me!). It fits the MacBook Air 11" lengthways

But... it's just too tight to take the MacBook Air 11" - if it has a case on. I always have a case on my laptops, and removing the case to put it in this sleeve is a non-starter. The case I use is an ultra thin clip on type, so doesn't add much to the overall laptop dimensions. If the envelope were 1cm wider, then all would be fine and the full effect of this otherwise nice sleeve would be possible
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2014 6:53 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Power Supply, 8 Jan 2014
This is an awesome PSU, it was able to charge two tablets and a smartphone all at once! It's not small, but considering the power it puts out, it's still smaller than all the individual power supplies, and it only uses one mains socket...

The only slight downside is that it has two bright blue LEDs that are bright enough to make it impractical for using in bedrooms, unless you also need a blue nightlight, in which case this device would answer that need too!

BLU-RAY GATTACA
BLU-RAY GATTACA
Offered by DH BLU

3.0 out of 5 stars German & English version, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: BLU-RAY GATTACA (Blu-ray)
This is a German version that has English as a second language for the sound, as well as English subtitles. I really like the movie, so this is not an issue, but you do have to switch to English on some players...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Picture not what you get, look at the Description!, 12 Sep 2013
The photo shows quite a few of each, in reality it's one earpiece, and two for the bottom of the phone. After my initial harsh feedback, the seller contacted me and pointed out that I was wrong*, his description (a distance down the page) accurately stated that you only get three grills in total and he has asked Amazon to remove my negative feedback... please make your own mind up about what this says about this seller's integrity! I bought off the picture, trusting I would get what it showed. Oh and they aren't "Mental" either, just the seller if he thinks £1.66 is fair for 3 little _metal_ grills.

* I've never had to post negative feedback before and this seller is quite obnoxious and indignant. I liked the bit he wrote in his last email to me "Also, please be sure to read the item description when placing an order online as this section tends to give the buyers all the information they need about the product they are considering to purchase.", he just left off "because my picture is highly misleading and you will be disappointed"

Anker® Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, MOTO X G, and most other Phones (Apple Adapters- 30 pin and Lightning, NOT Included) - Silver
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Brilliant!, 6 Sep 2013
This is an outstanding product. Beautifully made, the packaging is really great quality and gives a great 'eco' feel. Other than iPhone5 cable, the product is 100% complete, right down to a little carry bag. For good measure I bought a 3-in-1 (USB to iPhone4, iPhone5 & MicroUSB) lead for under £2 here on Amazon that also goes in the bag. it took only a short while to recharge my iPhone5 from 10% to about 70% in 40 minutes, very pleased. Charging the unit is done with the same cable off any USB socket. An indicator LED goes amber then green for full charge. So at the price it's Unexpectedly Brilliant! Well done Anker!

Bobble Replacement Filter, Magenta
Bobble Replacement Filter, Magenta
Offered by fromaplacefaraway

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Quality Product, 18 Mar 2013
I got two for my daughter as the original that came with the bottle was used up. Both of the replacements leak whenever she tries to drink from the bottle. I've checked that it was tightened down correctly, and yes it was. It seems to leak between the top and the part that screws on. Basically a big waste of money, I'd avoid as its very expensive and doesn't work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4