Profile for Elyse Burns-hill > Reviews

Battery Operated Sunflower Fairy Lights with 20 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Battery Operated Sunflower Fairy Lights with 20 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute!, 12 Aug 2011
First I put some nearly dead batteries in and the lights weren't very bright, but when I put some new ones in they were much better! My dressing table is set in between my wardrobes with cupboard above, so quite dark, so draping these around my mirror has really lightened the area nicely, but without any horrible cables on show. :) Me happy!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Like Like!!!, 12 Aug 2011
Purple is my favourite colour and I love the shoes - I've had a few pairs before of this type of shoe. I bought these just two weeks before I found out that my new uniform at work changed to this colour, so they looked great together!! :)

H & L Russel Ltd Laundry Box, Taupe with Harvest Green Trim
H & L Russel Ltd Laundry Box, Taupe with Harvest Green Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 12 Aug 2011
Great collapsable fabric wash bin. It is good quality, it does what it's meant to do, so I'm happy! :)

Basic Candle Making
Basic Candle Making

2.0 out of 5 stars Spelling mistakes, 12 Aug 2011
This book obviously hasn't been re-read as there are lots of spelling mistakes/typos and some...interesting use of some words.

First three words of this ebook: "Basic Candle Makeing" oh my god, my computer autocorrected that - I had to go back and re-do the spelling mistake!

"you will need a wax cartoon" - how do I get one of them?!!

Has some interesting information, just disappointed that it is so badly written!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes!, 27 July 2010
I first bought these shoes a couple of years ago - they are comfy and I got sooo many comments - I'm not really a shoe kinda girl, so I never normally get comments about my shoes! People all thought they were cool! So I bought a second pair last year and I haven't managed to wear them much so they are lasting longer - I'm just about to put another pair in my wish list ready for when I need to re-order!!

Killing Sacred Cows: Ovecoming the Financial Myths Destroying Your Prosperity
Killing Sacred Cows: Ovecoming the Financial Myths Destroying Your Prosperity
by Garrett B. Gunderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you view money in a totally different way!, 23 Jan 2009
Although the author is American, and some of the things he talks about is American like the 401k, we can easily see the English equivalents. But it is the themes that we are looking at with this book. Within the first chapter I had already been able to relate some of what he was saying to my own life.

The book looks at about 9 money myths (eg: You're in it for the long haul, and Money is Power, are just two of the myths looked at), then after looking at and evaluating these myths, we see that they are just that; myths, and actually have no solid grounding in the real world.

The author doesn't just abandon you after going through some of the myths; he teaches you how to spot issues with other myths and turn your life and thinking around so that you are able to become properous.

The main line of thinking throughout this book is that you should be living your Soul Purpose, doing what makes you happy, even if in the short term you are making less money than if you would in a different job. If you are doing what you are meant to be doing in this world, and providing value for other people, that value will come back to you.

I highly recommend this book for anyone and everyone - whether you are a cleaner with ambition or an HR manager who believes there is more to life.

This is the perfect companion to go with The Secret, which teaches you about the Law of Attraction. With these two tools under your belt, you will have the ability to make your life what you have always dreamed.

I am trying to think of an appropriate phrase to put here, but all that is coming to me is:
Live long and prosper!
oh dear!!

Write to Sell: The Ultimate Guide to Great Copywriting
Write to Sell: The Ultimate Guide to Great Copywriting
by Andy Maslen

5.0 out of 5 stars A clearly talented writer, 28 Dec 2008
I enjoy writing and previously thought that I was quite good at it. Now I realise how much I didn't know about writing. I haven't done copywriting before, and this book has loads of great information. Although it is about copywriting, it will help in most areas of writing It brings up some very important points that I hadn't thought of before, but are actually common sense.
I thought it was so brilliant that I passed it onto my mum to read, and she is a published writer. I read it in less than a day, then I had to spend the next day skimming it and making notes, I still have about 14 sides of A4 worth of notes!
It might only be a small book, but the pages are absolutely stuffed with hints, tips and help. I have never read a book with less fluff in it! I would definately recommend it to anyone that does any kind of writing, not just for sales copy.

The Bum Joke Book
The Bum Joke Book
by Hugh Jarse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as a joke prezzie!, 18 Dec 2008
This review is from: The Bum Joke Book (Paperback)
Has some of the good old classics in there as well as poems and stories. Brilliantly illustrated!
Gets laughs wherever it goes!

HTML, XHTML, and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide: With XHTML and CSS (Visual QuickStart Guides)
by Elizabeth Castro

4.0 out of 5 stars For Beginners Great, for the more experienced...not so much!, 16 Dec 2008
This is a good start learning book - it covers all the basics and essentials of learning HTML and CSS. However, I have found that when you already have a certain amount of knowledge and you are looking for a book that you can dip into like:
Hmm - I wonder how I can get this effect....
this isn't really the sort of book you can do that with, although it does have a reasonably good index and there is a really good colour table at the back - although you can get that info straight off the internet, which is what I have to do most of the time anyway, because the book is always somewhere else when I need it!
So four stars because it is good for the first five minutes of learning HTML, but after that, a little useless!

Pdair Black Leather Case for Asus EEE PC
Pdair Black Leather Case for Asus EEE PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I need!, 24 Sep 2008
I bought this product based on the review of Gadgetman. I actually bought it as a bit of a gamble because I bought the Eee PC 900 (from dabs) it said that the dimensions were roughly the same (I think it was out by about 1/2 cm). Anyway this case arrived aaages before the computer did even though I ordered them on the same day!
The computer fits really well, the only problem is that the flash card slot doesn't actually fit exactly over, so if you want to remove it, you'll have to take the computer out the case, change the card, then put it back in, no biggy though as the computer just slots in and out of the pocket at the front.
The little pouch that came with the computer is really nice, but it doesn't have anywhere for the flash cards to go when they are not in use, I have 2 cards that I use, so the little pouches on the inside of this product are really useful!
The only down point I would have to say about this is that because the edges of the computer are bare, if you are just carrying it in your hand and it is spitting or raining outside, the potential is there for the computer to get wet.
Other than that it is brilliant, and people just think you are carrying around a filofax, obviously until they see all the sockets and slots on the side!
So all in all I would recommend this if you have an Eee PC!