Profile for L. Parry > Reviews

L. Parry "happylee" (UK)

VTech Switch & Go Dinos: Akuna the Velociraptor
VTech Switch & Go Dinos: Akuna the Velociraptor

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 15 Mar. 2015
Nowhere near as good as the other dinosaur robots by V-Tech.

Storm: Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: Book Four: Book 3 of "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn"

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Tad WIlliams, 19 May 2006
I would love to write a separate review for each of his books that I have read but I would ramble on far too long. I am in a dilemma, I do not want to read any more of his books (separate to this trilogy, the Flower Wars and Tailcahsers Song) for fear that there will be nothing left at the end. They are all enthralling page turners.

Storm: Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: Book Four (Memory, Sorrow & Thorn)
Storm: Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: Book Four (Memory, Sorrow & Thorn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Tad WIlliams, 19 May 2006

Stone Of Farewell: Memory, Sorrow and Thorn Series: Book Two (Memory, Sorrow & Thorn)

The Hobbit
The Hobbit
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars What do you expect?, 19 May 2006
This review is from: The Hobbit (Mass Market Paperback)
Brilliant, coupled with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, they are the foundation upon which all fantasy writing should be compared.

Uriel's Machine: The Ancient Origins of Science
Uriel's Machine: The Ancient Origins of Science
by Christopher Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, intriguing captivating, 19 May 2006
I do not normally read non-fiction books but I was surprised by the subject and content of this book. The way it was written meant I could get engrossed in the book.

A couple of items do fully ring true and I have noticed the number of discussion web-sites with topics on this book. I do not find this a negative though; this shows books ability to create discourse forcing people to discuss the ramifications of their findings or hypothesis.

In short: entertaining, informative and thought provoking.

Memoirs of an Infantry Officer (FF Classics)
Memoirs of an Infantry Officer (FF Classics)
by Siegfried Sassoon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, enjoyable, 10 Dec. 2003
I had previously found this author by accident previously with the book "Memoirs of a Fox Hunting Man" which I found a highly enjoyable. The decision to read this sequel was obvious and as I suspected it gave a highly interesting and enjoyable read. Fantastic! I would recommend this to anyone (and don't forget the first book).