Profile for Timmy > Reviews

Why Does E=mc2?
Why Does E=mc2?
by Brian Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 10 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Why Does E=mc2? (Paperback)
Just as in introduction, I am a 15 year old, so clearly I had no prior knowledge of such things, but I was very much interested in physics and I had finished watching Brian Cox's programs on TV, and so decided to acquire this book.

It was simply amazing and mind blowing at the same time. They completely took me through everything, from the basics of special relativity to the work at particle accelerators and the world of particle physics. I find it quite a feat for an author to make a non-physicist with no mathematical or scientific knowledge, understand the foundations of our universe. It was beautifully written, you could easily tell which parts were written by Brian Cox, as you had the occasional humour that he regularly blesses us with during his TV programmes (and also some bits were also copied from his Wonders of the Universe book or vice versa, but shh!).

If you have no prior scientific knowledge and you are even vaguely interested in physics, this is simply a must-buy as it's so easy to understand, they way they explain the content. In fact, it's pretty much swayed me to wanting a career in particle physics.

It's probably the best book I've ever read.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2012 2:01 PM GMT